[Game Over] S48 Mafia VIII - Overlord ni Naritai!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by maxaroni, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: [Day 8] S48 Mafia VIII - Overlord ni Naritai!

You're really trying to convince him to go over to your side because I didn't say "thank you"? I obviously appreciate it, but I rarely thank anyone that protects me unless if someone targets me. XD It doesn't mean I don't appreciate it, I just don't thank anyone that protects me every single time. ._. (I did thank him for voting for you, though. :B) Well, fine then - thank you for protecting me, Gobo. I appreciate it. =D

AND IS THIS GAME SERIOUSLY STILL GOING?! D: :panic:

And thanks, issa! =D

2. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

Well, because I haven't been able to pay attention to the entire thing because of the show this weekend, I'm voting blindly to end the day phase. Eeny meeney miney vote: polyrhythm

3. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Lynch has been declared

4 votes are needed to perform a lynch

Current Votes (7/7)

- polyrhythm: 4 (Naomi, Gobolino, issa, kirakirahanabi)
    - Kanki: 3 (polyrhythm, blesseddisgrace, Meroron♥)
    - No Lynch: 0 ()

------
    Resting Members (2): Kanki, ra-nyan
    -----

FINALLY

4. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Day 8 and End

The demons could feel the atmosphere changing as the final battle crept closer. They started training in any item worlds they could and reincarnated when they felt they were stagnating. As their mana levels increased, they could almost hear the ending credits rolling. The walked into the Dark Assembly to cause the end game to finally happen. This would be the final battle.

As the final cutscene started, they felt the room shift to a large battle field. The could see their training paying off.

The defendant approached the podium in the Dark Assembly.

"You have evaded our grasp for long enough, ninja scum!"

"Well, I legitimately told you guys I was the ninja a few days ago,"

"Now that we've found you, we won't let you kill any more innocent people!"

"Are you kidding? I was the most ass ninja you could ever meet. I should've taken my master's advice... those 100 ton boxers just collected dust..."

"Stop changing the subject!"

"What, I don't get my famous last words?"

"No! You're scum!"

"I'm individual aligned. You guys eliminated the last of the scum on Day 6..."

"Stop it!! You keep ruining my victory speech!"

"Well whatever, you guys voted to kill me. I'm not going to fight it... UNTIL I'VE REACHED MY FINAL FORM!!!" With this statement, her form started to change. Her sprite grew to a four panel sprite and her HP level grew exponentially. The Dark Assembly room seemed to be in a different dimension, with kaleidoscopic lights flashing around the field.

This is what the residents of the netherworld had been training for.

-----

The townies and the kinky love shack's residents took the first turn.

"I thought you guys were evil?!"

"Are you kidding me?" said the remaining lover. "We're all demons, we're all evil. We were just evil together."

And thus, the battle began. They traded turns back and forth until they had generously whittled down each others' HP.

The ninja launched her final attack. "THE RAINY PIANIST." It started to rain and each drop hit the residents of the Netherworld for some damage each.

The angel followed up the attack by casting a healing spell on the other residents, then they each launched their final attacks.

"BLACK ANGEL,"

"MIRAGE BOMBER"

"PAJAMA DRIVE-BY"

"TENGOKU NO JAJAUMA"

"HAND HOLDER"

"TOMORROW'S KISS... OF DEATH"

"FRESH LEAVES STATION"

"MIRAGE BOMBER"

"Hey, that's mine! Be original!!"

"Sorry...."

Each of these attacks hit for over 900,000 damage and the ninja's body was torn apart.

-----

There was an ending cut scene that the writer of this game is too distracted to write, and the credits started to roll. The town had finally done it.

In the prologue, the Orgasm cult slowly reintegrated itself into society and the Netherworld went into a brutal civil war that lasted 1000 years until the newest Overlord was selected. She was a 39423rd level kenkyuusei who shall not be named. The netherworld was back to its uneven balance of demons harassing humans, and everything was back to normal.

Results

5. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Re: Game Over

GAME OVER
    Netherworld-Aligned Wins!!!

Winners
    aakun wins! He was Miyazawa Sae, Josei Ikemen
    Kanki wins! She was Akimoto Sayaka, Taiiku Kaikei Shoujo
    Naomi wins! She was Yamada Nana, Heart Police
    champloo26 wins! He was Ichikawa Miori, Fresh Lemon
    Gobolino wins! He was Maeda Atsuko, Fallen Angel
    issa wins! She was Nakaya Sayaka, Half Gentle
    phantom wins! She was Nakagawa Haruka, Harugon Kita
    55Cyanides wins! He was Maeda Ami, Mayuge Bomber
    Rin wins! She was Kobayashi Kana, Leek Queen
    vikacong wins! He was Kashiwagi Yuki, Reaction Queen
    Decreez wins! He was Shiroma Miru, Twinkling Miru
    katastr0phical1 wins! He was Yamamoto Sayaka, Sasayaka Sawayaka Sayaka
    kirakirahanabi wins! He was Matsui Rena, Dry leaf

Survivors
    Kanki
    Naomi
    blesseddisgrace
    Meroron♥
    kirakirahanabi
    issa
    Gobolino
    ra-nyan

And the MVP goes to...
    [​IMG]
    -----
    Cristafari - Hirajima Natsumi, Number 5, Orgasm-Aligned Member
    -----​

Thank you for playing!

By the way, Orgasm could have won with town if they had the majority when the last threat was eliminated. Unfortunately, they were a few members short at the end.

6. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Re: S48 Mafia VIII - Character PMs

Character PMs​

-----
    Netherworld-Aligned
    -----

aakun (Martyr)
    Welcome to Stage48 Mafia VIII! Here is your Role. Do not share this information with anyone. You are not allowed to quote anything from this PM except for your role title. Even so, be wary that anything you say can be used against you. Play smart and enjoy the game!
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

Kanki (Medium)
    Welcome to Stage48 Mafia VIII! Here is your Role. Do not share this information with anyone. You are not allowed to quote anything from this PM except for your role title. Even so, be wary that anything you say can be used against you. Play smart and enjoy the game!
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

Naomi (Cop)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

Meroron♥ (Cop)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

champloo26 (Naive Cop)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

Gobolino (Doctor)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

issa (Doctor)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

Tyzer (Prinny Bodyguard)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

phantom (Bus Driver)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

55Cyanides (Vigilante)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

Rin (Roleblocker)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

vikacong (Roleblocker)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

Decreez (Tracker)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

katastr0phical1 (Jack of All Trades)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

kirakirahanabi (Firefighter)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

-----
    Hero-Aligned
    -----

DSQ (Godfather)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability
    Mafia

sada (Hero Spy)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

sada v2 (Mechanical Gunsmith)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability
    Mafia

Silver Rain (Janitor Killer)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability
    Mafia

masashi (Hero Flavour Cop)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability
    Mafia

-----
    Lovers/Orgasm-Aligned
    -----

Cristafari (Lover Recruiter)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability
    Lovers

ra-nyan (Love Dungeon Warden)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability
    Lovers

-----
    Individual-Aligned
    -----

polyrhythm (Ninja Serial Killer)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

twilightkappa (Arsonist Bomb)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

blesseddisgrace (Shapeshifter)
    -----
    Role Title
    Win Condition
    Personal Ability

7. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Re: Night Actions

Night Actions​

Night 1
    55Cyanides: no action
    Tyzer: no action
    Blesseddisgrace: shapeshift ra-nyan
    Cristafari: recruit twilightkappa (auto-decline)
    Rin: roleblock phantom
    Katastr0phical1: busdrive sada and aakun
    Ra-nyan: jail 55Cyanides
    Phantom: busdrive Naomi and masashi (blocked)
    Kirakirahanabi: wash sada (aakun)
    Naomi: investigate aakun (sada)
    Masashi: birdwatch Cristafari
    twilightkappa: douse aakun (sada)
    Polyrhythm: ninja kill aakun (sada instead)
    Issa: protect phantom
    Decreez: track ra-nyan
    Meroron: investigate aakun (sada)
    DSQ: nothing
    Gobo: no action
    Vikacong: roleblock DSQ
    Champloo: naive investigate Naomi
    Mafia Kill: aakun (busdrived to sada) ->recruit

Night 2
    Tyzer: bodyguard Decreez
    twilightkappa: douse sada
    Katastr0phical1: investigate aakun
    Blesseddisgrace: shapeshift aakun
    Cristafari: recruit tyzer (accept)
    55cyanides: no action
    Naomi: investigate meroron
    Decreez: Track tyzer
    Ra-nyan: jail Naomi (DSQ)
    Issa: protect masashi
    DSQ: n/a
    Poly: kill kanki (fail)
    Vikacong: roleblock ra-nyan (killed by turret)
    Phantom: bus drive Naomi and DSQ
    Meroron: investigate Cristafari
    Masashi: investigate polyrhythm
    Rin: roleblock aakun
    Kira: wash aakun
    Gobo: protect Naomi (DSQ instead)
    Sada: turret ra-nyan
    Mafia kill: aakun (fail)
    Champloo26: naïve investigate gobo

Night 3
    Blessed: shapeshift Naomi
    Naomi: investigate ra-nyan
    Rin: roleblock sada
    Kappa: douse nami
    Phantom: bus drive DSQ and issa
    CK: recruit masashi (auto-decline)
    Ra-nyan: jail kappa
    Tyzer: protect CK
    Masashi: watch nami
    Cy: no action
    Poly: kill kira
    Kira: wash nami
    Issa: protect kira
    DSQ: use pinpoint barrier on sada
    Silver: kill kata
    Kata: kill sada (reflected to rin)
    Meroron: investigate blessed
    Sada: turret aakun

Night 4
    Blessed: shapeshift poly (fail)
    Kira: wash SR (kira)
    Phantom: busdrive SR and kira
    Nami: investigate issa
    Meroron: investigate gobo
    Kappa: douse issa
    Nyan: trap SR (kira)
    Tyzer: guard nyan
    CK: recruit meroron
    Poly: kill meroron
    Masashi: watch tyzer
    Mafia kill: aakun
    Issa: protect meroron
    Cy: kill DSQ (fail)
    Gobo: protect name

Night 5
    Blessed: shapeshift kappa
    Cy: kill masashi
    Poly: kill masashi
    CK: recruit blessed
    Tyzer: protect CK
    Gobo: protect name
    Nami: investigate gobo
    Issa: protect cy
    Kappa: douse DSQ
    Mafia kill: ck
    Masashi: birdwatch issa
    Phantom: drive gobo and kanki
    Meroron: investigate DSQ
    Kira: wash issa

Night 6
    CK: recruit issa (blessed, fail)
    Blessed: shapeshift CK
    Meroron: investigate kanki
    Nami: investigate aakun
    Cy: kill poly (fail)
    Gobo: protect nami
    Kira: wash phantom
    Phantom: drive issa and blessed
    Kappa: douse CK
    Nyan: trap Cy
    Poly: kill aakun
    Issa: protect phantom

Night 7
    Kappa: ignite
    Kanki/aakun: kill blessed (phantom)
    Phantom: switch phantom and blessed
    Cy: kill kappa
    CK: no action
    Ra-nyan: protect CK
    Naomi: investigate Naomi
    Blessed: recruit kira
    Poly: kill CK
    Issa: protect gobo
    Gobo: protect poly
    Meroron: investigate aakun

8. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

oh hay i just realized this game ended on the 48th page. It is the most magical of all mafia games.

I'm going to do Mafia I style analysis things starting tomorrow ;D I'll try to do all of them right away. starting tomorrow.

9. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Congratulations Cristafari!!!!
    you're a really great analytical mafia player :) Your goal has been achieved!

thoughts:
    This is probably the most exhausting game I've ever played :lol: Serial Killers are so hard to play xD I thought the fun part when I got my role was that I'd actually get to kill people! Except all my night actions were so terrible, the only time i killed, it was for the town :fp:
    It was pretty messy, the way I played, I couldn't really find any other strategy other than to keep fighting to be alive. To think I managed to survive that long after being discovered was kinda amazing. (also if my night actions had been successful all the time, it would have been more interesting and easier for me, but oh well.)
    I gotta say I didn't actually expect any win with this role, because knowing my own mafia-playing skills, trying to be the last one standing was a bit...hrmm. [hehe] So when I went into this game I had the mindset to just have fun.
    Sorry for dragging the game so long XD

The ninja takes its leave. *poof*

10. Naomi

OH MY GOD. WE WON. D: I've never won with the town before. I'm so happy. ;_; Whee~! I love how after all of that aruging, the cult turned out to be good. :XD:

And congrats, Cristafari!

11. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

so its amazing how much we actually helped town then. if the cult didnt act as suspicious as they did the town was going to win with like +10 players alive.

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I guess I will explain Nyan's and my strategy, and why Orgasm-aligned chose the route we chose toward the end of the game...

When Nyan and I got our role PMs, we knew we would have a tremendous uphill battle to climb. The town would surely identify us as a cult, and once that happened we would have a VERY hard time achieving our win condition, Although it wasn't clear, we initially thought we were anti-town ourselves. [sweat]

It wasn't until we recruited Tyzer and our alignment changed, while Tyzer's win condition was merely "added to" that we realized that we WERE Pro-town, just with a different alignment. I even PM'd the mods to clarify, because I thought there might be a grammatical error in the new role PM. Even so, were were genuinely surprised every time someone accepted our recruit! :banana:

Anyhow, all of us were really hopeful for a while that the townies were accepting us until Day 5 came along. That was the point when Phantom, Naomi and Aakun started discussing that we were really anti-town. We knew that they would eventually enroll everyone into that belief, and we needed some way to get the focus off of us, not to mention DSQ was still in the game and obviously gunning for me. We needed her lynched immediately, especially after we had lost our little prinny! :cry:

So we figured our only option would be to deflect the suspicion from us to someone else. We couldn't ask everyone to begin randomly lynching townies until we found the supposed "secret evil townie", there was no way the town would go for that. Our only other option was the Senators who were asking for this mysterious lynch, which we felt was very suspicious. We knew we would have a battle on our hands once we did this, so we had to make sure our attack was big and effective. We looked for every possible piece of evidence we could find, and just ran with it! Then every time we thought the town might be buying their defense, we would just pound our stance home even harder. [box]

Anyway, we figured we were sooo close, we just needed to keep Poly and Kappa on our side (so they wouldn't target us) and get one more recruit, that along with our garlic water and we would have enough clout to block any attempted lynch in Day 6. We were going to go into that day phase and say that we only needed one more member and had two recruiters. We figured that would compel anyone we recruited to accept, and we would have gotten our win condition. [party]

But phantom blocked our recruit of Issa (we should have gone for Naomi!), Kappa gassed me, Aakun got his lynch...and the rest is history! :fp:

But as far as our attack on Aakun and Kanki, we honestly didn't know whether they were pro-town or not. We did think there was some merit to what Silver Rain said, and as far as we knew we weren't the faction in his story. But there was no turning back by that point. In Day Five we could see the town turning against us, so we made our play, went "all in", and hoped for the best.

Great game everyone! Plus a special "great game" to Blessed, Meroron, Tyzer and of course Nyan! Go Orgasm!!! [rock]

And I am flattered by the MVP selection, thank you! [blush]

13. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

It's over?
    Yay townies.. way to pull through.

'Grats Cristafari! [rock]

14. twilightkappa

twilightkappa Kenkyuusei

Great game doods! Congrats Cristafari! [party] Sorry about the fire :hehe:

Still chuckling everytime I see 'Orgasm Aligned' XD

15. phantom

phantom Kenkyuusei

Woah its over...Congratulations townies, we won! [party]

Cristafari, congratulations on MVP! [clap]
    Sorry to the cult for thinking you guys were anti-town...it just seriously seemed like you were :XD:

To everyone:
    It is always a pleasure to play with you guys!

Max, I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard while reading any of the mafia writeups before. Awesome job! Thank you so much for putting your time and effort into modding this!

AT, I always enjoy games that you mod or co-mod cause they're always organized and timely. So, thanks for all the work!

16. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    Congratz, Cristafari! [party]

I'd just like to add that at some point, we felt like the cult and the senators were Overlord candidates, so going after the senators was like a personal thing, that didn 't have much to do with town xDD Cause we didn't think the senators and us could both win at the end~~

In the end, some random kks became overlord :hmm:

17. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

Congrats Cristafari! [party]

I got to be honest... I totally thought the senators were evil :XD: Well, game's over, so let's all love each other again :lol:

Mafia is always fun with you guys and thanks GMs. Also, the writeups were pretty hilarious :D

18. blesseddisgrace

blesseddisgrace Kenkyuusei

Hey from San Fran. 8)

Aww, the Kinky Love Dungeon lost. D: Well we fought hard and did our best, so great job, guys~
    Congrats to the townies and congrats to CK for getting MVP. :D

19. Naomi

Ever since Mafia 4, I've never trusted cults. Sorry. :XD: The reason why I didn't trust the cult was because in Day 0, it said some demons wanted to become the Overlord, and it didn't seem good, so yeah. That, and you wanting to lynch Kanki over poly in the final day made me side with the senators, but oh well. Too late for that now. =P

When I decided to side with the senators, I was worried that it would backfire on me, especially since I decided to side with them even though I wasn't sure what their intentions were. xD I just figured if they had to be lynched, they must serve some sort of purpose, and they did. :B

I love that Seira was the ninja, by the way. So awesome. :^O^:

20. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

I didn't trust the cult either. I actually tried to make you invite me just so you would waste an invite. Twice. XD
    I felt bad about lynching poly though... ;w;