[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's not the first time that one group has helped out another in a pinch, SKE supplied members to HKT for the Te wo Tsuniginagara stage in 2012.

Shinamon has more theater experience than any Team B member (with the exception of MaYuki) with 700+ theater performances and she's performed this particular stage many times with HKT.

HKT and Team B already did a combined stage a couple of months ago, check it out it was great.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sometimes maybe people just need a change of environment

3. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    First of all - SKE helped HKT out when HKT only had one generation. Totally different from a HKT girl helping AKB48, which has 16 generations of members (and more members than HKT48 has).

I am not saying Shinamon is not qualified to help - she is a great performer and definitely knows the stage - I even think it will help her and maybe even get some AKB48 fans to get interested in her.

As for the joint performance, the whole concept was a joint performance. This one is a "regular" performance with a single HKT48 under. Which is a really horrible idea, in my opinion. And a totally different situation. I don't mind joint performances, I do mind when AKB48 doesn't have enough qualified members to perform a 16-nin stage.

4. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Moreover, HKT doesn't have enough theater performances at the moment, because their current theater is not theirs.

However, I hope NMB's Takei Sara is next! :)

5. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    This will be Moekyun's seitansai. I wish Nako was there though, they get along well.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I keep seeing people saying that AKB needs original stages to help team bond and make fans more invested. but is that true? Team A got a new stage in 2016, and while the stage is really nice (lots of good songs and choreos) I didn't feel any difference in team bond, and no increase of team oshis either.

in fact, half of Team A graduated since then... despite having an original stage and original songs to their name. it changed absolutely nothing. I've seen stages where the girls have a bond and perform with tons of energy even if it's a revival of an old stage, and the fans are hyped and cheer loud. so yeah...

imo it's not hard to create team bonds for AKB. or even just to fix the teams... I think this is what they should do:

• Disband Team 4. and while they're at it, change Team 8's name to something else (it can still include the 8 thing since that's their official pose) they can give them a real name and give them their own singles since there's no way these 47 girls will ever all get proper promo inside of AKB singles.
    • Go back to Team A, K, B only. and have 21 members by teams. so that even when the senbatsu-level girls aren't there, they can still be 16 for theater.
    • Promote all the D2 and promote some of the 16th gen (not all, too early). also add some more kennins of non-senbatsu level sister groups members (for girls who can actually perform at theater often) I remember back then they gave kennins to girls like Ishida Anna. oh, and more Team 8 kennins would help.
    • I don't think it's necessary to hold a 17th gen audition yet, or if they do, it should have a little amount of members. no point in adding 89187 new girls when barely any of them will get spotlight anyway. unless they want to have a KKS team, which would be nice. They can have a 17th gen with 6-7 girls.

and problem would be solved. Teams could get team songs again (in singles), perform in theater without having 70% girls from other teams (or other groups!) and they would have enough girls to perform at theater without the senbatsu-level girls. and those theater girls could actually create a bond.

7. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Why disband Team 4 (again)? How doing it would help creating teams bonds?

Why? What is the problem with 'Team 8'? How changing the name would make any difference in team bonds?

I guess they already tried it and ended up reviving Team 4.

May be interesting but I think that a 16 people by team plus Draftees/KKS would be a better system. However for this to work they would need to keep the number of KKS/Draftees at an average so that KKS team would always have enough members to work as unders in other teams.

They should promote enough number of Draftees/KKS to keep teams with 16 members.

I think it would depend on how many of 16th generation would remain in KKS team. I think that as well as other teams, KKS should always have 16 members on it.

8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Will never get why people think they should disband Team 4 again. It's not going to happen (Especially now with Team 8 around). Team 4 should have never been disbanded to began with imo (Management knows this as well as they restarted Team 4 a year later after they disbanded it realizing it).

9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Because [...] wants Team 8 to be a sister group and part away from AKB and get their own singles and give everyone exposure because "it's impossible to promote everyone in AKB especially with a team of 47. AKB's teams are holding 8 back"

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    There are a few reasons. I'm not saying they are right or wrong. But first I think for some people having Team 4 throws off the symmetry of all groups having three teams based on the three letters in their name. Keep in mind, a high percentage of the people on this forum (including you...and me) are nerds, and worry about stuff like that. :p Two, as has been said in multiple places on this forum, a lot of people feel there is no real chemistry on any of the teams right now, including Team 4. Furthermore, I think a lot of people think AKB is due for a shuffle, and that the lack of members might suggest going back to three main teams instead of four.

If you are looking to understand the thought process, that may have something to do with it. Just my opinion though. I don't speak for everybody.

11. MrQazman

MrQazman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Team 4 is the only team that actually has any chemistry anymore. Breaking up the only functioning team would be stupid. Must be people that don't actually watch the stages that think Team 4 should be disbanded.

12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    We have only one BIG problem. We don't know who is sotsugyo next!

13. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    you think if 16th promoted to A, K and B team they can compete with their senior on there?
    wisely if management put all 16th in new Team 4 and old Team 4 go to another team

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

This.

The problem with the other teams isn't really that they don't have enough members (which is another problem by itself), but that the girls who are in the team come from very different gens AND status.
    You think Hiwatan has anything in common with Shiichan or Nattsun? Or that she sees Yui often? Nah.

On the other hand, you have girls in Team 4 from the same gens (12th and onwards) that have spent a lot of time together, hence why there is a real chemistry there.

I start to think that promoting the 16th gen to the current teams would hurt them more than help them.
    Girls act in a completely different way when they're around their senpais and whatnot.

I do agree that the best solution would be, imo, to spread thd current Team 4 among the other teams and then promote the 16th gen to a new Murayama Team 4. That way they'd stay together and have a leading figure.

Still, a 17th gen is needed to fill in the spots and stop this "SG girls helping out" nonsense.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    or 16gen may become NewTeamA :flower:

16. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Yeah something like this.

Team 4 become the new team B, 16th Gen becomes new Team 4,
    move the senpais to Team A/K, fill in the empty spots with temporary kennin from Team 8 / SG until 17th gen audition.

17. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    If the chemistry between members is that problem, why not put them into teams based on age/gen? I agree with the idea to put those, maybe 10th gen or older (if still enough in numbers) to Team A (or K), rename the current Team 4 as Team B, and yup, the 16th gen as the new team 4.

At the minimum, theater girls will enjoy performing in the theater more since they will be with members who are likely they have bonds with.

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@leocgomes

- I said Team 4 should be disbanded because clearly AKB has not enough girls to fill 4 teams. even if they promote D2 & 16th gen. keep in mind graduations will keep coming too. so even if they manage to make all 4 teams with 16 girls at least like they did with last shuffle, half of them will leave, and we'll have the same problem again LOL. and it's not like they can add another 20 new girls every year (and this would be pointless tbh). so back to 3 teams is ideal.

- if the issue is that Team 4 is the only one with a "bond" (I don't know but people here are saying that) then alright, they can put a mix of the teams A/K/B in Team A, then put the current Team 4 in Team K, and keep the Team B for new girls mostly. so there you can keep the Team 4 bond, but still back to 3 teams.

- For Team 8, it's simple, if Team 4 disbands then it would be awkward to have a "Team 8" but no "Team 4". so their name should be changed. and if they have their own singles (they should) it just sounds weird to be called "Team 8" as a group. They could have a new name that includes "8" or "Eito" or anything.

I know management won't do these (they don't even seem to care tbh) but this would be ideal to fix all those problems quickly.

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The mangement should look back to the years 2008 / 2009 years, when the Teams were very strong. Perhaps a solution is there

What was an AKB48 Team back then ?
    Not only the girls, not only their bond (since back then some were allready interchangeable), but the teams also had strong identities.
    they had several things the girls could unite after: their own performing style (Team K AKA the one who performs with raised fists), their own shows with some defining songs (There's no way Team K can perform AKB Sanjo or Sonichi without being weird), They had their own BIG LOGO (see my avatar), they performed much more than what they do nowadays (ok, shedule problems here). Such a waste those awesome flags are only used for the draft ceremony. They had some team competitions in TV shows.
    In short they need those little sort of things to rebuild them.

Also, why not recruiting similarly to what is done in the Team 8 ?
    Let's say launch some auditions as soon as a team comes dangerously too short on girls ?
    That way the management allready knows what type of girls they want (cuties if they need to fill for Team B) and the newcomers could bound faster with their senpai. It's not working too bad in Team 8.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I think I said this already either in this thread or another, but Team K's chemistry is almost as good as Team 4's. Team K had some older members (e.g. Chiichan, Mariyannu) but they made a significant effort to reach out to and include the team's younger members. Their loss and Shimada's imminent departure is the main reason I think K has slipped behind 4 now. The only two that are really hurting are A and B, and that's, as noted above, because they had and have huge generation gaps, and those gaps were never bridged. Even they do have some pockets of chemistry but nothing that extends across the entire team.
    • Without poaching members from 16th Gen or Team 8, there aren't enough non-Kennin members to fill out 3 regular teams.
      Last I did the math there were only 43 members between A, K, and B including D2, and it might be worse now.
    • 16th Gen should be kept as one team. They desperately need as much of the Team 4/Team 8 (original gen) effect as they can get.
    • Mid-level kennins (especially from Team 8) can temporarily fill the gaps, but what's really needed is either another generation, or a draft (like the first one, not the second in regard to promotion), or even better, see lionel's suggestion for Team auditions.
    • But before they even think of that, D2 needs to be promoted, and the remaining young members need to have more opportunities available to them, else the graduations are only going to get worse, and any attempts to recruit more members will be sorely lacking in the quality needed.
    • I've jokingly said in the past that they should just make 16th Gen the new Team B, and keep Team 4 as it is. Of course that was before Team A became almost as bad--all things considered I do think 16th gen's "image" has always been closer to that of Team A than Team B. I'm still not sure that's a better solution than splitting up Team 4 though. As much as I was against splitting up the best current team, I'm not sure there's much choice left. The situation is just that bad. And there are plenty of members on Team 4 who could fit well in other teams.
    • Replace Yuihan as captain of Team A and bring in a new vice captain. I don't blame her for what's gone wrong with A or the group as a whole, but I also think it's time for new blood there.
    • Replace Miichan as captain of Team K. All I've heard from her her entire captaincy is how she can't do anything for the team, etc. etc. Her captaincy was already a fiction.
    • All captains should be 12th gen or 13th gen. 15th gen isn't ready, and... well Naachan obviously can handle being a captain but she's got her hands full with STU48. Maybe she could do both.
    • Yuiri is already de facto on every team, make it official \(^o^)/
    2018 Team Shuffle.
    A new Team 4 has been formed from 16th gen, and many tears shed as its former members divided between the founding teams. Even worse and more shocking, one core member of Team 4 remains unassigned.

The last member uncalled, the last member without a team.

"Murayama Yuiri."

A hush falls over the crowd as the speaker pauses.

"Team A."

Applause begins, then is immediately stilled as it becomes clear the speaker is going to continue.

"Team K Kennin."

"Team B Kennin."

"Team 4 Kennin."

"Team 8 Kennin."

These are all good ideas. Especially the Team auditions.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017