[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    i think its a work, there is no way the management do not know about the program beforehand

2. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Y'all are way overreacting. I don't see how what Rika said makes NGT look bad? The only person that looks bad is Rika. NGT looks like angels next to her now. And honestly, I think she's actually doing the NGT girls a favour cause I can imagine their rice farmer stans voting even more crazily for them now ala the behaviour exhibited here. Meanwhile, Rika's rank might plummet but so what, she's a talent and she's so brave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    you only think this is an overreaction because rika is your oshi,it it was someone else you also would've "overreacted"

• Like Like x 3
  4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    okay can someone enlighten me on what Rika actually said? coz from what i read on this thread, it seems like Rika would be the one to lose shits, not NGT as a whole

sure, the "dem nuggets are all angels" facade they tend to show ppl will be totally ruined, but by saying "i want to beat the crap out of the members" would really make Rika look bad. ppl will search NGT on the internet and find out that there are underaged girls such as Tsugumin and Riko, and old-ass veterans such as Kashiwagi fucking Yuki and Kitahara fucking Rie that Rika allegedly wants to "beat the shit outta". and by saying "the whole group bullies her", it's like saying "i'm such a bitch that no one even likes me". sure it would reflect on NGT badly in a way, but Rika's the one at loss here. i don't think anyone would really sympathize since she has this somewhat straightforward upbringing and ppl tend to judge a book by it's cover. i mean, this shit would sound a lot worse coming from Tsugumin or Okappa

and yeah if she's already bullied in NGT, imagine what hell she must've gone through in AKB where seniority is at it's finest, and where she and Ogino are basically the most junior (based on Jabaja's media senbatsu. even if we wanna bring this context to the latest AKB Senbatsu, she's only senior to Aayan, Zukki, and Yummyrin)

lmao and people said pushing Nakai was a better choice than pushing Katomina. if they had pushed Katomina back then, she wouldn't flopped so terribly and Rika wouldn't be able to say shit on national TV

• Like Like x 4
  5. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Nah I'm not that worried about it. Most of them are really kind and have accepted her already. If anything it may just turn into more of a professional relationship for the members and her (it probably already was tbh) they already knew how she was way before this incident so I'm sure this will blow over the other members will continue to be respectful and deal with it the best they can. Nothing is going to change in that aspect. They are really good girls so yeah I'm not worried about it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  6. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I was planning to wait until I return from springbreak to post in the forum, but I just have to say something. It upsets me that this whole thing with Rika includes Hinata who I thought was close to Rikachan. However, it wouldn't surprise me if she expects the same dedication from her friends as she does from her fans. If she doesn't see fans who aren't exclusively just hers as fans, then she might not see girls who aren't only friends with her as friends. I know Hinatan is close with many members, so I can see Rika somehow feeling "betrayed" and "alone" because I also knew someone who only wanted their friend to be close to them. At any rate I can't get myself to hate Rika because I can't help feeling that she is mentally unstable, and she has said it herself. I've seen this before, so for awhile I had an inkling that Rikachan might be ADHD.

7. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I laughed at the thought of Tsugumin bullying/being mean to Rika. And wow, that bubble wrap comment is horrible. I still can't believe she actually said that.

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If you look at Rika's thread you'll find the correct translation of her comment.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, that bubble wrap comment is a little bit mistranslated. But yeah....

10. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Mistranslation? Yeah, but I watched the video and "それを、私は壁に向かってメンバーだと思ってこう潰していく" still isn't a nice thing to say.

11. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I mean, either translation doesn't look good and are more or less the same.

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

No they're not, one conveys violence and hate and the other conveys stress relief and you can consider why someone might use a certain translation as part of an ongoing narrative about a member.

13. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Here's the thing though, from what I can tell, she's definitely speaking more like she's smashing/crushing the bubble wrap.

14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Did you watch the show? Like I mean the whole episode?

Because if you haven't, then some of your first impression might change. Highly encourage people on doing that :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Lol I feel sorry for people around you if you pop bubble wraps thinking it's them. [hehe]
    Yeah OK I decided to to drop it after the veery long post I just wrote on Nakai Rika thread...

16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Well, I guess this clears Nakai as innocent and we can rule NGT as a bunch of bullies instead. (sarcasm)

You know, I linked the exact points in the video for a reason, so that you can follow the dialogue and get the tone from it (and I especially mean the first part, where they all merrily laughed at the whole situation while they dragged NGT's name through the mud, a shameful spectacle actually).

As for the second part, if you watched the video and paid attention, you'll notice Nakai was actually making a gesture as an example, so there's no mistaking as to what she meant even without the help of translations. What I see is smashing bubbles one by one by driving her thumb down with full force, imagining that to be the member in question and going as far as screaming the respective names out loud in a roaring/angry tone.
    Not cutely "popping" to relieve her stress away.
    What about you?

Whichever you want to believe to keep your mind at ease, Nakai's sociopathy, as reflected by reducing/dehumanizing fellow members to a bunch of bubbles on a bubble wrap that she wants to squash flat under her thumb, sadly remains. And if you have to come to these levels of hair-splitting/sugarcoating just to try and justify it, it's your loss.
    Instead of semantics, what we could discuss is what psychological disorder this behavior falls under, if any doctor is in here.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  17. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    Maybe I completely misunderstood while I was watching the show, but I could have sworn she was joking. It's a variety show, and she's an idol. Logically speaking, none of what she said was truth. I'm not sure how much variety you guys watch, but from my stand point near 100% of what is talked about is exaggerated and joked about. It may have been in poor taste, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a joke. Dislike her all you want, I don't care, but to make all of these hideous assumptions about a person you don't even know is over-stepping it. An idol's public persona is hardly who she really is, and if you claim to really know one of the girls, I think you need a reality check. More over, to act as if you know all the inner workings of the group and the private relationships between the girls is quite the stretch. What we see is incredibly manicured, be it unfavourable or favourable interactions between the girls, none of it is absolute, 100%, truth. With that said, it's not as if this kind of joke is even unheard of. Plenty of idols have said that they have no friends, or that members have been mean to them etc. Again, maybe I've horribly misunderstood, but I believe you're all taking this too far and believing something said in jest word for word.

And finally, I am in no way defending Rika, I too found the comments to be jarring and in poor taste. She used to be apart of my oshi list, but has slowly been falling, especially of late.

• Like Like x 4
  18. JVJ

JVJ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    To be fair, her tone in the episode was jovial and cheery. She did not sound angry, spiteful or hurtful. But I think some things just shouldn't be said, even if it was meant to be a joke.

I think it was totally political incorrect to say such a thing about your group and groupmates.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Thank you and fair enough :)

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

20. JVJ

JVJ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    Haha!

NGT doesn't need this crap either.

And if I may, NGT doesn't deserve this crap at all.

• Like Like x 2