[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I don't think there's a molecule of testosterone in BTS, though. Or any of those other prancing effeminate girly looking bloke groups. At least Johnny's Jr have an excuse, poor wee boys balls haven't dropped yet.

It does demonstrate that it's predominantly females are contributing to music sales though, which is interesting.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

hey that sexi... they just unmanly, urm well dress up. Deep inside those nuts still XY in chromosomes.
    *and yeah, dont forget exile. Those yakuza is straight coming up from hokuto no ken world.

yeah, the fact its kinda counter the skewed argument that basically claim japan music industry objectivize women aka catering male demographic, predominantly.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Wow, I love Ikuta’s choice to go with “Erika.” Has she even done that in her merchandise before? Combined with the heavy ink and bright colors, it hits like a truck. It works on so many levels.
    1. Nobody calls her Erika. The only people who would call her Erika are people close to her.
    2. Erika is not a Japanese name. Those kanji are a transliteration for the sounds E-ri-ka. There are a lot of Ikutas in Japan, but if you’re talking about Erika, people only talk about one Erika.
    3. The kanji being stylized and the name being unfamiliar means that it feels like the point is less to read out the words and more the overall beauty of the composition. Which feels more like Art.
    4. It’s not even cringe-y if someone doesn’t know about idols, because then “Erika” is a vaguely mysterious name that might not even be a person, rather than “Why do you have someone’s towel?”

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rover

Rover Kenkyuusei

Really? Is this necessary? Just because they don't fit your definition of masculine makes them "girly"? You say this as if they aren't all ripped.
    "prancing effeminate girly bloke groups" as if they don't spent years of their lives training to be great dancers.

It really doesn't though. Male artists having high sales doesn't automatically mean women aren't objectified in the industry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

yeah, to me it is necessary to make laugh at your own gender either masculine ikemen --i mean I took a jab on exile did you notice it?-- and effeminate-by-look-but-still-can-make-you-girl-pregnant guy, one post at a time.
    what is the relevancy if they good dancers or not?

nobody said that. what I mean there is a disproportion of argument (or mindset) when literally the market will put a price for anything that sells, not only women.

6. Rover

Rover Kenkyuusei

Ah yes, because the level of comparison is the same between saying someone has XY chromosomes in their balls and comparing someone to jacked men in a book. The reason I didn't like this comment is because when BTS blew up in the west, there was an huge amount of comments saying that they're "too girly" to be famous, which pretty much throws their effort out the window.

If you read my original comment again this is directed to the other guy saying these boy groups "prance" around on stage. I'm a Kpop fan and I'm familiar with their system. This is relevant because once again, ignores the amount of effort and dedication put in by not only BTS but the other boy groups as well.

Nobody outright said it but your original comment implied that. I was responding to your original comment and it is not a fact that it's a counter-argument to the "claims"(lol) that the Japanese music industry objectifies women.

It's true that market will put a price for anything that sells, but women and men are not on the same playing field. Male celebrities can get away with stuff way worse that female celebrities can. I think we're all familiar with dating "scandals" and the industry of promoting the idea that female idols "belong"(for lack of a better word) to male fans. Regardless of our beliefs on the dating ban, something I personally disagree with, it's pretty obvious that female idols are hit a lot worse when caught dating, which ties back to the industry itself. The market will sell anything and unfortunately "pure"(lack of a better word again lol) idols sell better, and even then are outsold by their male counterparts.

7. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    What is BTS? Is it Behind The Scene?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

well i didn't realize if it implied that way-- i mean to dissect it again I put the last word to highlight that most of these claims that critic japan only put emphasized at the one side while failing to see the whole as a messed as well.
    the fact its kinda counter the skewed argument that basically claims japan music industry objectivize women aka catering male demographic, predominantly.
    maybe i should put "only" or something like that in between.

in the aspect of dating thing, you re right about that. I believe they objectivize in different ways. women should act in a certain way when men "can get away" is their skewed of view in patriarchy. in a way it a double standard but also the act of degrading itself, in a reversal way. That the men they worshiped can't/won't have fault whatsoever but the worshipper indeed didn't project their anger the way the counterpart did, if reality didn't meet their fantasy.
    I mean when a husband was getting caught cheating with another woman, most often I dare to say we saw the stupid wife will only blame the mistress.

well, feel free to take arm and defend thing that you like. obviously we are on the opposite spectrum of that matter--for whatever effort they put on their work, the aesthetic result is still lame in my pov.
    i believe i don't implied these guys "too girly for me" as i defend while also make a fun of them, coz, why not.
    i mean i like this

if the video does not show watch the video here
    if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  9. Rover

Rover Kenkyuusei

I think if you say something like "this info is often used to argue for one side" or something would make it clear. Your original wording confused me; it sounded like you were saying that it was a valid argument.

Fair points, what people like is subjective. I definitely misunderstood some of your comments.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

yeah, I guess i have a tendency to not say it clearly, not the first time as nonnative for my wording sense not good:fp: a little too surreal. I try to put things indirectly/subtly but it may turn vague as well.

11. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

I want to order a towel, but iwonder how long it'll take take to arrive :^^;:
    Other goods i ordered a few months back have yet to arrive, jesus

12. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    nogidouga is now available
    https://nogidoga.com

so far, these are the contents :
    舞台 : 16 no principal
    MVs and Individual PVs
    Concerts : Summer tour, BD lives, Underlive, Ikoma,Maimai gradcon
    Variety : Nogizaka romance

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. pako7226

pako7226 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Terada Ranze
    Just FYI
    I just subscribed to NogiDouga with no problem at all, I'm from Mexico and I did the payment using my regular debit card (VISA btw), so I think there should be no problem if anyone else want to subscribe too.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Can you give us a step by step because the language barrier?

15. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

How about the videos on the website, can it be watch without vpn?

16. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I was also able to subscribe no problems. American credit card (AMEX), no VPN. You don't need a VPN to watch the videos (at least where I am, in America).

The process is easy. Just put in your e-mail and password, then click link on confirmation e-mail, then put in credit card info. After confirming payment, choose username, oshimen, etc. You can also choose your location but its just prefectures, no actual address. I'm assuming this is just so they can send you e-mails telling you a live or HS is in your area. I chose Tokyo. For some reason you can't right click on anything, but if you want to know what something says, just highlight it, Ctrl+C, then copy it into Google Translate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. pako7226

pako7226 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Terada Ranze
    Actually, if you scroll all the way down in the section with the prefectures, the last options translates as "other", so it's not necessary to live inside Japan to enjoy the service, it's just your standard profile info and just that, as long your debit/credit card gets accepted, you're good to go

18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Did you try to watch the MVs there?

Also, how do I cancel my subscription to Nogi doga? I don't intend to spend $12/month every month on an all-you-can-eat buffet of Nogizaka 46 videos. I might try for one month, but shouldn't there be a 'seven-day free trial (payment method required)' or something?

19. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Yes I watched MVs and PVs.

I don't mind paying the monthly fee considering how many raws and hardsubs we foreign fans download for free over the years in our quest for subs and content. I can afford it and I want to support their efforts in making a content service that's not closed off to foreign fans. It's what I (we?) have been asking for years and it could be the first step in getting official subbed content.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. zandu

zandu Kenkyuusei

I keep getting an error in Japanese about there being too many orders to process, but it's like 3 AM there. I guess I'll try giving them my money later.