"I'm the doctor." "Doctor Who?"

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by kirakirahanabi, Jun 22, 2010.

?

Favorite Doctor?

1. The second, with his musical ability!

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. The first, with his crazy old-man-ness!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The third, with BESSIE!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The fourth, with his never-ending scarf!

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. The fifth, with his delicious CELERY!

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. The sixth, with his epic rainbow umbrella!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The seventh, with his awesome hat!

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. The eighth, with...well, he only got a movie...

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. The ninth, with the chrome-dome!

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. The tenth, with his epic converse that almost always stayed clean!

25 vote(s)
    55.6%
  11. The eleventh, with his cute li'l bow tie!

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

If you get the joke, you get the thread ;) For all of us S48 Doctor Who fans.

For reference, all posts from here may or may not have spoiler tags, since there's too many places one can start in the series. Reader beware!

2. Rina the Robot

Rina the Robot Kenkyuusei

I can't believe this thread exists, what. There aren't any other DW fans on the forum? WHERE'S THE LOVE, GUYS?

Oh, Doctor Who. You're the reason I only buy like, 5 AKB items a year. :inlove:

Thoughts on this season's finale?

3. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I've only recently become a huge fan of Doctor Who, more specifically after watching those specials that come before the current season. After that, I've been not only following the current season, but watching all of the more recent series, and I am really trying to find a way to watch all of the older stuff as well.

I just can't believe I never got into this series earlier than I did. Its just so damn epic.

4. Rina the Robot

^ Welcome to the cult!

So you're looking for Old Who, or are you just trying to catch up for lack of time? If so, I can pm you with the hook up :fear:

5. kirakirahanabi

Ahh, I've been a fan since about the end of series 4 of the restart, though I've been catching up on some old episodes (Planet of the spiders. Epitome of the old doctor who XD) And the finale was rather crazy, especially the first half o_o

6. Rina the Robot

^ That's great! Have you been to any DW conventions yet? <3

I need it to be Christmas already, Saturdays are empty without my show.

7. kirakirahanabi

No, no conventions yet, but my friend went to Youmacon (an anime convention here in Michigan) as David Tennant's doctor. Chopped her hair off and all :p And as for empty saturdays, do what I do, use old episodes in place of it! There's a biiiig torrent that has every episode that the world has access to (so, some of the tape-wiped ones are missing) of all the old ones, from the "An Unearthly Child" up until "Survival." It's like 206GB for all of them, so I just pick and choose :D

8. Rina the Robot

^ I host DW parties every Saturday, but it's not the same knowing there isn't a new episode [hehe]

I'm not a fan of Ten by any stretch but it's awesome that your friend committed like that! One of my best friends is obsessed with Ten cosplay, he grew his hair out for it and even dyed it. I guess Tennant has that effect on people.

You should definitely come to a DW con, I'd love to hang out with someone who's into my two main fandoms. <3 I don't know if you have the money, but there's Chicago TARDIS over Thanksgiving weekend and Gallifrey in February.

9. PrivateLaughter

PrivateLaughter Kenkyuusei

The poll is kind of unfair. The 8th is my favorite doctor and I've never seen the movie. I only got to like him through the Big Finish audio plays.

10. kirakirahanabi

@Rina, I can probably get myself out there pretty cheaply, it's a lot more of a timing issue, I've got a lot of extracurricular stuff during the school year XD
    @PL, I kinda did that more for the humor of it, I couldn't think of an object for him to have :p

11. Rina the Robot

BUMP.

Favorite episodes, everyone?

12. kirakirahanabi

Black Orchid! I like the break from all the aliens XD Also, the five doctors (damn you tom baker for not showing up...) and both parts of The End Of Time <3

13. twilightkappa

twilightkappa Kenkyuusei

David Tennant :inlove:
    I only became a fan after watching the 2005 series and only then it was because of Torchwood :XD: But yeah, I love the 2nd series with Ten and Rose [rock]

I'm saving End of Time until I can't wait anymore, cause I don't want to see David leave =\ (Denial, much?)

14. kirakirahanabi

15. Rina the Robot

^ Loved that skit, but Time Crash is my favorite charity-related thing for obvious reasons [hehe]

16. twilightkappa

twilightkappa Kenkyuusei

Ooh yeah. Hilarious skit :XD: Bought the dvd too, for that and the Tony Blair one.

17. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
  18. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

This was a really difficult choice. I went with number 9.

Number 4 was my first, and there are some amazing stories there.

I also really love number 7. But this may be because his second companion, Ace, is the best companion ever (and this is no slight to Sarah Jane Smith or Rose Tyler, both also excellent).

But I think number 9 may have been the most all around fun. He also lasted long enough, one season, to have a body of work, but not too long so as to become troublesome. Still, some of the worst work was probably under number 6 and he did not last long.

19. kirakirahanabi

^ +1 to Ace being best companion ever. What makes me so sad about her was, if the show hadn't been cancelled, a couple serials later, she would have become a Time Lord. D:<

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:) This Show "Doctor who" is famous in all over the world..
    And in the Japan people also like this show to watch :inlove:

I download its show and watched it when i get free from my work...