IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    田野優花、込山榛香
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think the compensation is in regards to the delayed comeback, not the Produce series.

2. BadIcecream

BadIcecream Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I'm kinda happy she's debuting in a group and not completely solo.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. GuardiansOftheNebular

GuardiansOftheNebular Kenkyuusei

Is it possible AKS and Mnet comes to a agreement that, if the rigged members whoever they are leaves the group, the rightful ones Miho, Miru and Miu can replace them in Izone? I would mention Miyu, but she's gonna debut so.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

No, then that group would not be Izone. The 12 members we have right now are Izone, for such a large ensemble they have a near perfect mix of dancing, singing and visual and plugging in other people would ruin that balance. Not to mention that it's the bonds between members that have grown over the last year are important to the members and to fans. What possible chemistry could Chowon, Myao or any of these others have with existing Izone members?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Tbh it would be too weird to replace members, especially at this point

With that said, whoever got rigged out should get another opportunity to debut in a Kpop group, with a group similar to IBI & JBJ

This goes for both those from Produce 48 & Produce X 101

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. madnan1251

madnan1251 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka, Miyawaki Sakura
    nah whatever sakura does in the future she would still be relevant, her personality is rare among idols

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. GATX105

GATX105 Kenkyuusei

Compensation (in the legal sense) is mostly concerned about economic loss -- it's not meant to address all loss. In many cases these other losses can't be fixed so just blame AYJ and company for that.

Why are they the rightful ones? Unless you meant the 3rd elimination ranking which as everyone pointed out is not the final ranking.
    Izone's success is because of the efforts of OT12 so (I think) no one is leaving.

8. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

Big rumor on reddit, sourced from dcinside.
    To summarize the important parts regarding Izone specifically, disbanding was discussed, but was decided it won't happen. Izone will have their comeback in January. CJ ENM was strong in wanting to keep the groups together.

This person is claiming to have connections with Izone people. As proof shot, he/she posted unreleased photo's of Sakura and Wonyoung.
    https://i.redd.it/8oa7vsei0b341.jpg

Also, Nako and Hitomi were spotted at Olive Young in Korea.
    https://twitter.com/kimpeeppeep/status/1203659440550903808

Again, this is all rumor/gossip until confirmed.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    As I mentioned before fans, can romanticize too much the bond of the members as if they can't live without being together. I mean they all have families, friends and separate lives, in the end they're just partners that work in a project for a determined period of time. Because once the contract ends they will take their own path and that bond fans romanticize will be gone forever. So if it gets to happen that Chowon or Myao or any other finalist gets into IZ*ONE, it'll be like getting a new partner at work. And the girls would just have to adjust to her, and I don't think they would have any problem with a new member either, it's with the fans the issue. And I hope if something like that happens they can be comprehensive with the situation and the girls. Fans can't control the hearts, minds and decisions of their idols and their companies.

Assuming @Merika said, it'd be weird to replace members especially at this point, I think at most the only change in the line up that could happen is adding more members, if the rigged out members wish of course.

Personally speaking I'm so used to the OT12, and it's curious how this group with just 12 members can be so dynamic, within the 3 first singles we've saw more change of center than most of the 48 and 46 groups. And even tough I mentioned before that I wish they could add more members in the future so the group could become permanet, it also worries me that it could affect the dynamism of the group by focusing only on the first members. I don't know what will happen in the future but we have to trust they all make the best decision for everyone, because CJ is not the only one who has to decide the future of IZ*ONE there are many parties involved in this. So it's natural we haven't seen an announcement yet becuase they all have to agree.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    ^ Honestly, I’d be here for the rigged out members being added. Though of course all of them may not wish to be in, such as Miyu who is soon to debut in a GG, and a permanent one at that. And Miru probably wouldn’t want to be in (unless she still wants to meet Yeri).

So that would likely mean Miho, Miu, & Kaeun could join, maybe Chowon if she was genuinely in the top 12. But overall, 14-16 would be better since they’re currently an even numbered GG.

This would be especially good for Miho since this is (possibly) her last chance to debut in a Kpop GG, and of course Kaeun who was a huge fan favorite too who deserved to debut after her hard work trying to get past the hiatus/disbandment bs After School had.

So either that or a special group for them should happen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

Disagree (mod edit)

Disagree (mod edit)

Kaeun looks like an old lady and Myao IS an old lady. Whatever reason they were out of the group those are good reasons why.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. sakurappu

sakurappu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Seems like everyone doesn't know that Kaeun already left Pledis, joins actor agency, and is casted in new web series :confused:

Seems like Wonyoung fans try to distance her from "rigged girl" title. Poor Yujin tho

Actually there's proposal for creating the similar one like IBI/JBJ after the show ended for thr eliminated girls/boys. But in case of PD48, the purposal went uncertain (prolly because they need to negatiate with AKS/Showtitle/Myao's agency). While for BY9 (PDX101), some agencies disagreed with the idea thus BY9 was cancelled (and some butthurt fans blamed Woollim :fear: )

13. GATX105

GATX105 Kenkyuusei

On the other hand, most of them are very young and will not make decisions based on good business sense. They also went through a difficult thing together and have lived together for over a year. And I think the limited time that they're together makes that time more precious.

As for new members, the company went through a lot (even committed what could be a crime) to exclude certain members -- they're not going to add these members that they took great pains to exclude imo (even though AYJ says he did it all himself).

This is one rumor that many people wish will come true!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. biboloxo

biboloxo Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    LOL, I feel like I am reading a 2chan thread.

I guess it's time for me to stay away from this mess.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'd rather not. It won't be fair for any kicked out members and it won't be fair for the members who would substitute them. I'd rather have IZONE as it is and let them finish their contract peacefully. They are victims in this situation too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. broz0rs

broz0rs Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ikr? the group is in hiatus so I don't check this thread that often, but the fake concern trolling that goes on here is pretty ridiculous lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, that's something we can't say for sure since we're not in the mind of the girls. And it's not that they have to make business based decisions, it's just that they should notice (if they haven't ) that this is project, a temporary project, and once it ends they'll have to pursue other projects and work with other people. And we can't assume that all of them want to stay in IZ*ONE forever either, some of them might just wanted to join as a stepping stone to pursue a career. They went through difficult moments in the PD48 days, but is it different from the difficult times they went through when they were training in their respective agencies with other trainees they probably befriended too? I mean they all have a story before the show and will have after the contract ends. So what difference will it make to add more members if the group that is meant to disband anyways? We have 4 members who have been in a group before so they will fefinitely be the most understanding in that situation. I know that as fans we love the idea of seeing their idols being as closed as a family but we need keep in mind that is not really true. When fans mention that they don't want changes in the line up becuase they think it'll affect the bond of the girls, I think is actually because they stick to the idea that IZ*ONE is the 12 we know and nobody else, and they don't want change that idea. So it's more something that fans say for themselves than for the members.

About CJ, since prosecution declared that the rigging was done without them noticing it, so they're legally a victim too, then it might be possible they do something about it becuase they didn't purposefully exclude anybody, so if CJ is willing to add the rigged out members as way to compensate the damage then fine.

And who knows ( a bit of conspiracy here), maybe when they mentioned in their announcement about contract renewal, it might be related to a line up change with a new duration of the group.

• Like Like x 3
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    田野優花、込山榛香
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm against adding members to IZ*ONE, as it would be a weird group dynamic. In my experience, girl groups with strong friendship usually do best (Little Mix still going strong after 8 years while Fifth Harmony lost a member after 4 years and then split shortly after that; AKB48 rose to popularity the most during the early years when they were working towards the common goal of making the group famous rather than becoming famous individually).

For me, a big appeal of IZ*ONE is that they seem to genuinely like each other; Hitomi and Chaewon, Sakura and Chaeyeon, Jline get along well, Yena and Yuri, Wonyoung and Yujin... Adding members to that group might make it weird. Will the current members feel guilty for the new members? Will the new members feel like they're intruding? While they still deserve to be in the group, it's an awkward time to add them so late on (for these reasons).

I'm more in favour of a second group, like I.B.I and JBJ. And we'd also get an unbiased reaction to that. If the public really want IZ*ONE to disband because of what happened, then that second group might become more popular. Or they might become friendly rivals. Either way, a second group with an equally well written and well composed debut single/EP would be a lot better than adding them to IZ*ONE under the current circumstances. It would just create a weird atmosphere and ruin everything, imo.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Nah, replacing the current lineup or making a new gg for the winner could only be realized if all the real winner among current izone members right now would agreed to, if they choose to pulled out from those plans?, they have their right to choose to stick or withdraw from this whole project, and both idea would giving no advantage for the real winners, they only will finds themselves getting troubles by negative backlash by wiz*one themselves, if they still want to forms a new gg even after getting 'no' by the current 12 members, they don't have any others choice except to used the remaining finalists as their members, literally no differ than a looser lineup, and a bold and wise move by izone current members could turn the table around for them, large numbers of fans still backing them up till now

we need to accept it already, all trainees that participate on the shows either the winners and the eliminated one are already ruined and being buried on the ground, but mnet is still standing straight on the ground like nothing had happened to them, and by the latest news on the case, seems like Fromis_9 are being prepared be grilled, oh god, please end this quickly, the kids is suffering:fp:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  20. sakurappu

sakurappu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Guys, let's move on. Replacing the rigged girls with the "rightful" one are impossible. First, their condition is slightly better than X1 (which even haven't signed the contract yet). Second, everyone moves on. IZ*ONE is established, Miru goes back to NMB, Miyu will be debuted in Korea, Juri is with Rocket Punch, Miu is part of eito's Top 7, Myao becomes senpai for young gens, Chowon will be debuted soon, Haeyoon is with Cherry Bullet. Even Kaeun, whom everyone here says "she should be there!!!!", left Pledis tho.

So, since even Top 20 were reportedly rigged, why you all don't discuss who the hell kicked Yunjin, Yiren and Saepii out?? :hmm:

And tbh, I'm disappointed with what AKS do to IZ*ONE. They sure did "damage control" (suspension of radio shows and HT events), but for me what they did isn't enough to, at least, fill up if they can't do promotion in Korea. I slightly hoped AKS would give the girls temporary kennin status with 48G until the mess calms down, but apparently no. Oh well :hmm:

Anyway, seriously anyone are not interested with J-line's future (and possible another J-girl for Rocket Punch)??

EDITED: like @Akusaiko mentioned before, now police is investigating for possible involving of high-ranked officials in alleged "Idol School" manipulation

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4