Kodama Haruka's Birthday Project ♛ [FINISHED]

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by .SK., Aug 21, 2013.

1. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hey everyone! As some of you may know, Haruppi's birthday is a month away, on September 19th our little fairy becomes 17! To be honest I wasn't sure we were going to do anything this year, I'm super busy, however if I had known the Haruppi community doesn't revolve around one or two members keeping it alive anymore, I would have started this much earlier. This fandom has grown so strong, I'm so proud to be part of it.

Since her last birthday a lot of things have changed, Haruppi grew and so did her fans. In the short time we got to know her, we all fell deeply for Haruppi and for all she has given from her strength to be a strong and amazing idol, it's only fair that we show her our gratitude and support in return. If you guys remember, last year and due to her circumstances, Haruppi's birthday celebration was full of tears and regret over herself, this year she rose and proven herself a great idol and a person. We want her this year to be able to celebrate her birthday while being driven by the fruits of her handwork for the past year, knowing how much she has achieved.

We were actually thinking of a more grand gesture from us like making T-shirts and collecting hand made physical stuff, but with the time limit put on us, we have no choice but to do it the old fashioned way with as much creativity in Photoshopping as possible. No matter what, it's our first year celebrating Haruppi's birthday together, her international community should have their voices heard so that Haruppi will know she has supporters all over the world.

Down to business.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

• Project heads: Reveen, Parikkuren, t-motion
      Helpers: SnipaKill, kokoro, emily

• Project: Story Album
      Description: A storybook kind of album, one that tells Haruppi's journey with her fans through their messages and thoughts, we want to showcase the diversity of Haruppi's fan community, it's influence and where it extends to on the globe. Besides the messages, other creative pages will be made by us like a photo timeline and a world map pointing to the origin of the messages, etc.

Option 1: Photograph option.

Get a piece of paper. Decorate it!

Put whatever you want on it - stickers, drawings, messages, a picture (please stay away from portraits taken by others or any material that might be copyrighted).

We’re going all digital, so you will then need to take a photograph of your page and email it to us! See below for info!

Or

scan your page and mail the file to us! <-- Best option if it's a handmade artistic message like a drawing or any fan art, it will still maintain it's quality.

Or

create the page in Photoshop (or similar editing software) and mail the file to us! <-- That's probably the best option if you're doing anything digital.

OR

You may also send in any normal picture that you’ve taken with birthday greetings. Hold a birthday sign or a message up, or put up a birthday banner somewhere in your area to show Haruppi that her international fans love her.

Option 2: Birthday message

Send us a short birthday message for Haruppi! English or Japanese only. I’m not going to put a limit on how long this can be because we want Haruppi to have a lovely full birthday album, but if we get a lot of replies and there are some that are too long, I may contact you about shortening it a bit to make sure there’s room for everyone to send their birthday greetings. Short messages are just fine too!!

Notes:

• *On ANY submission: please include your name/username and your country in your message. If you're from the USA, you may include your state as well. Do NOT include any personal or direct contact information such as e-mails or Twitter usernames, etc

• *You can email your messages and photo to us at kodamaharuka@hotmail.com or submit them on HappyHaruppi♛. You can also PM the above mentioned users in charge of the project for any questions or suggestions. Anyone who is also willing to help with the editing with Photoshopping skills is welcome, as it will help complete the project faster and maybe give an extension to the submission deadline.

• *Submission Deadline: September 3rd, 2013 Sorry if it's too early but it takes time to gather the messages, edit everything add designs and graphics and organize the pages as well as the cover pages and bindings, print them out and send them to Japan, we might not even make it for her real birthday

In order for us to be able to do this, we must have participation! We can’t do anything unless we get enough support and love for Haruppi to make a whole album. So please, if you want Haruppi to get a birthday album, submit something, no matter how short, simple or brief it is.

Let’s show Hakata’s fairy some love and make this a beautiful celebration for her!

Regards,

Team Cwush

[​IMG]

2. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Re: Kodama Haruka's Birthday Project ♛

Huzzah! I'm glad this thread is up!

Tomorrow I'll be making a birthday banner, and then I'm going to drive up to a bluff on a mountain near where I live. I plan to hold up the banner standing on the edge to give a look out over the valley, and then I'll also take a picture near a local river that flows through a small rocky canyon of sorts. Represent my home state!

My sister's also planning on doing something similar, I'm not sure what yet but she said she's 'going in to the city' so I'm guessing it'll be representative of New York. Possibly Connecticut. She's a Mayuyu oshi but she loves Haruppi as well, so this should be pretty cool.

I'm pretty excited!

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'm excited too but I ain't making a banner :lol: Still, gotta put my thinking cap on for this! I've got some good pictures of my home town I could use plus I gotta think of something good to say too.

4. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

Good idea! I'll try to be part of it as well. :D

Just to make sure, we can just send you a message in a text file right? Or do we need to write it and take a picture of it?

5. Parikkuren

You can absolutely send a text only message!

6. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Legit! SnipaKill had told me you were going to be one of the leaders of this project when he first PMed me about this, but I didn't think you were going to go all out like that! [shock] There's no way I can even come close to something like this, lol. Still, I'll probably try to send SOMETHING in, hopefully somewhat creative. If not, basic text message :hehe:

Also, sounds like your sister and I would get along :lol:

7. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

^any small contribution would be good!

@Pari, as always so enthusiastic to make the bets of things, I can't wait to see what your final message will look like :awesome:

For me I ain't planning on doing anything huge myself but instead chose to go with meaningful.

Plus Pari you reminded we should make some forum banners for her XD

8. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

OK, just sent in my message for Haruppi. In a few hours a pidgeon should enter through your window carrying it.

9. Parikkuren

^Glad to hear it!! We'll be looking for it!

If I have a reputation on this forum, I'm fine with that being it! [blush]

I think my plan sounds more complicated than it is, some. I'm painfully bad at drawing art things with my own hands so my fiancé is helping me make the banners, and the places I'm driving to are only about 15 and 10 minutes away, respectively. I'm lucky that I live in a pretty scenic area. But I hope it turns out super well!!!

About forum banners, yeah!! How big do they have to be?

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Still better than me, I'm completely hopeless when it comes to art and graphic design. I'm the Pararu of this team :hmm: :lol:

About banners, the information you need is on the following thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2886

11. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

Received DP's message!

And Pari, trying your best to make it good makes me a bit envious actually, I wanted to do something just as good, but I'm out of time in every aspect. I just want to write Haruppi a long message.

12. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM

Alright so I'm cooking something up in Photoshop but I'd like to know if the name/country has to be in the image itself or just the E-mail you send it with. I wouldn't like to get my stuff thrown in the bin by staff due to it having a name on it. :D

I'm also curious to what the "book" is going to be of a format. Like a real bundle/book with pages ? Because the thing I have now is more of a white card with some vector drawings and text on it and I'm wondering if I should add some more to make it more suitable to fit in some sort of bundle instead of being a card.

Also if you need any help with Photoshopping or anything like that just tell me, I've got plenty of time on my hands.

13. Parikkuren

You can put your name on the image itself, that shouldn't be a problem. As far as I am aware, as long as the name you're using isn't contact info (like your twitter handle or something) it should be fine.

As of right now I'm in charge of getting the book printed. It will be a professionally printed photo book, likely ordered online. I won't be able to say for sure which service I'm using until I see what all the pages look like after they're done in Photoshop, because I have to have all the images to order it.

It depends on what people submit and how many people send things in, really. To make it, we need at least 20 pages, which translates to 10 sheets (front and back). It'll be a small, thin book, but it'll be bound and I'm hoping hardcover.

A4 sizing would be nice but that's fairly large and would be more difficult to fill so maybe A5.

Aiming for something like this (middle row) Probably with a solid cover, no cutout.
    [​IMG]

If we don't have enough to fill a bound book, we'll re-evaluate, look at some other styles.

14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

i just came back from vacation and i was with no internet for like one week.

let me get some sleep and i will of course bring my contribution for this project.

i have to recover from jetlag, and still have to read one week worth of post.

i will edit.

15. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM

Alright! Sounds very good.

Thanks!

16. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

Just received messages from Akibba and Sentinel.

There's almost a week left for submission, please help us gather as many messages as possible and participate!

17. Brahmarizky

Brahmarizky Kenkyuusei

Oh my god HARUPPIIII :cute: :cute:

18. sugarfall

sugarfall Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

Harrupi <3 If you need help with photoshop I can help :)
    By the way I'm more a shadow fan haha ... but I try to do something for her because it's Harrupi <3

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Hi Sugarfall, thanks for the offer! We'll be in touch at some point!

Another small request, if people could send/submit the funniest and/or derpy-iest pictures of Haruppi that would be awesome, we're going to have a bloopers page as part of the book :hehe:

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

about the message in english, are you going to translate those?

I don't think i can come up with something original unfortunately...too little time for it. I think a message will do.

maybe a drawing, but it has been age since i draw something.

You think a photoshopped version of her will do? i don't know about copyright rules, i can turn out complicated.