Mexico48 Rumour Discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by YJSN_ParuYuko, Dec 10, 2015.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Then I wonder why Miichan shaved her head since she hadn't done anything wrong... ;) And I'd swear she isn't the only member who had serious problems because she had gone out with boys...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    If this turns out to be real, I guess I should've paid more attention to the whole yakuza infighting thing.

We should expect Hong Kong 48 soon too, then.

3. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Miichan only shaved her head because she had an epic meltdown lol Had she panicked less she would have been a-ok. In any case I'm ironically grateful she did because that was what grabbed my attention in the first place. That's right, because of her scandal she automatically became my Kami-oshi. NO REGRETS. THUG LIFE.

But yeah, a love ban in a theoretical MEX48 is as absurd as it is impossible to apply. The culture simply does not lend itself well to that sort of Japanese Idol conventions.

Seriously doe, MEX or MXC is kind of bleh. What about GDL48 (Guadalajara) or MTY48 (Monterrey)? Oh right, nothing really happens outside of the Federal District. If you want to have a national reach, you NEED to be in Mexico City or move in there. Lol or what about neighborhoods, like the JPN48 groups? Like Polanco (PLC48) or Condesa (CND48).In any case, I'd rather they didn't use the 48.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  4. aquaticdragons

aquaticdragons Kenkyuusei

For anyone doubting whether a love-ban rule exist, well according to Akimoto, IT DOESN'T! ;)

http://akbzine.com/2015/06/26/akimoto-love-restriction-not-akb-rule/

I'm glad to see a professional, Pedro Damian, who has years of experience in acting, directing and producing, make the offer to Akimoto. He is sometimes criticized for copying concepts and novellas from other countries but he has been able to retell/do things and make them equally or more successful than the original. Whether his projects are to everyone's liking is a different matter.

Yumeki Angels (never heard of them until now), but seems like it was something run by fans that had no media backing them for promotion and thus flopped. Actually, to say they flopped because they had no media backing is wrong, it flopped because the group and the company did not know how to market themselves. The 48 group that would be produce by Damian will probably have Televisa and a record label backing it from the beginning with a plan on how to market and promote the group. Some may not like Televisa, but there are only 2 big networks (Televisa and Azteca) in Mexico. So if the group is formed and promotes on TV it will be promoted on one of the two anyway.

Producer Damian is a strong supporter of finding new young talent, nourishing them, and seeing them grow artistically. For the last decade, however, there hasn't been a lot of new young talent coming out like before (in the 80s, or 90s), specifically groups. With the lack of new groups (specifically girl groups), it is hard to imagine that a group like a 48 could be successful.

That's why it's great to see groups like CD9 having success. These boys decided to get together and make a Mexican boy group. Many people, including themselves, didn't believe that they would reach the popularity they have now because the pop group scene was thought to be dead. However, their success, really shows that new groups can be successful. Of course, CD9 is a male group, and in Mexico male and hetero-groups have always been more popular than girl groups.

Here is a video clip of CD9, explaining how they got together

if the video does not show watch the video here

Translation of the video.

Alonso: Hi I'm Alonso, 17 years old, in my last year of high school. Jos invited me to form a band with his friends and from that moment my life changed.

Jos: Alan is easily distracted. He is always listening to music and has earphones on.

Freedy: Bryan, Bryan is the calmest of us all.

Alan: Freedy, well Freedy is Freedy, he is the most humorous, he makes you smile when you least expect it.

Bryan: Jos, well Jos is a normal boy.

Jos: A long time ago I heard that people are destined to meet each other for a reason. I was able to understand that through CD9. We all met separately. I knew Alonso. I met Alan in a concert. Freedy is Alan's cousin. And Alonso knew Bryan. I remember, one day, I was in Alonso's house and he was playing "Someone like You" by Adel on the piano. It was then, when I asked him how would it feel to play in front of thousands of people.

Alonso: I told him it would be a big dream. Imagining the applause from thousands and all singing your song. Wow!

Jos: I told him "let's make a group"

Alonso: "You're crazy Jos"

Jos: He told me I was crazy, but in the end I convinced him.

Alonso: But who, where do we look for them [the members]? I really don't have friends who are into music, they all want to be doctors, lawyers, or accountants. I didn't really know anybody that has passion for music like us.

Jos: I had no idea of who to invite. I just imagine that everyone would laugh at me if I announced that I wanted to make a group. Imagine the scene "Hello I'm Jos, I want to make a group." How terrible, I just imagined everyone laughing at me. But one day, I went to a concert and met Alan.

Alan: We became good friends right away. We exchange facebooks and after a week of talking he mentioned that he wanted to make a group, and I accepted right away. It was always my dream.

Alonso: Alan told us he had a cousin.

Jos: Freedy.

Freedy: When Alan told me about the group, I didn't doubt in saying yes.

Alan: But we still needed one more.

Alonso: I have a friend, very gallant, that from the beginning has worked with cameras and all that stuff, so I asked him if he wanted to join and that's how Bryan came to the group.

Bryan: We all didn't know each other, so there was always this doubt if we were going to get along, but we made the right choice and we're like a family now.

Freedy: What were we going to sing? How are we going to call ourselves?

Alan: Jos wanted rock, Alonso wanted romantic songs, but in the end we decided on pop because it was what we all like, something that we have in common.

Jos: We wanted to compose

Alonso: We failed at it [composing]

Jos: One day, I heard a song from (Mike ?) and I liked it, it was very catchy, it was what we were looking for. It was then, when I tried to contact him and through common friends I was able to reach him.

Alan: We explained to him what we wanted and he understood.

Freedy: And that's how [the song] "The Party" came about.

Alonso: We were a bit nervous because playing piano and singing for your friends in your house is different from professionally recording a song.

Jos: We were lost.

Alan: None of us knew what to do, we wanted to record the song, but Mike wasn't here, he was in Mexicali. We just started thinking on the expenses of the flight, hotel stay, food, everything really. We all got our allowances, and I...just don't even want to say how much it was. It was tragic.

Freedy: Mike got us in contact with a friend of his here in D.F. who helped us record the voices and mix it with the music.

Bryan: We based it all on discipline. We always dedicated a lot of our time talking through What's up. Most of all, we were always persistent with this [group project].

Alonso: I thought of using Code 9

Jos: It's the classic "there're birds on the wires." We wanted all the conversations to be secret, so we started using 9, so nobody would know about it.

Alan: And that's how the name CD9 came about. We open a twitter, a facebook, and all types sns, passing the info to all of our friends.

Freedy: First it was 10, then 50, then 100, and unexpectedly our followers started to increase.

Alonso: And that's how the "Coders" [fan base name] were formed.

Bryan: The "Coders" were there. We had no music or video, but they supported us.

Alonso: We had the song, but we needed a video

Jos: We got all the money we had and made it. We put it on Youtube and on the first day it had 10,000 views. We didn't know if that was a lot but we were happy, we couldn't believe it.

Freedy: Galilea Montijo, Roger Gonzales, Samu, Whatever Tomorrow (names of several artist) started to share our video

Jos: We couldn't believe it.

Alonso: In one week we had 100,000 views.

Alan: Wow

Freedy: Well it was the time to thank you [the fans]

Jos: So we went ahead and organize an autograph session.

Alonso: We didn't know how many were going to come.

Alan: It was amazing.

Jos: I remember, when we arrived to the parking lot and rolled down the windows, you could hear "CD9! CD9!" I was surprised.

Freedy: I couldn't believe it, from planning to actually realizing it.

Bryan: In the second autograph session there was more than 15,000 people plus the ones around the area, it was amazing.

Alan: We were checking twitter to see what the "Coders" were saying. It was then, when the unexpected happened. The vice president of Sony Music wrote to us.

?: [Thought] It was obviously a joke, right

?: They wanted to meet us.

?: They told us, we were something that they were looking for and invited us to be part of the company.

?: Our dream was coming true, really quickly

Alonso: A year ago I was studying for an exam, I never thought this would happen to me.

Alan: Everything happened so quickly, it wouldn't have been possible without the Coders

Jos: We are accomplishing a lot, but we know we still have a long road ahead to reach fame.

Bryan: We continue to prepare ourselves, taking vocal and dance classes. We've never done this professionally, but we want to do it.

Jos: We started as friends but now we're brothers. I think it's because of that, that we are accomplishing a lot.

Alan: This is just the beginning.

If Televisa is supporting Damian in this project, the auditions may get announce through several of the networks channels all over Mexico, and possibly other parts of Latin America and maybe even here in the U.S., through Univision. If the group's audition are announced to other Latin countries and the U.S, then there is a chance that there may be girls from other countries besides Mexico. In fact, several artist like Shakira, Juanes, Belinda, Sebastian Rulli, William Levy, Angelique Boyer and many more are not Mexican, but they have a successful career in Mexico, and do consider it their 2nd home, if not permanent home.

And like I mentioned in a previous post, my guess is a TV program could be made to show the audition process. Televised auditions will have benefits such as, introduce and ease the audience into the 48 concept, and let the general audience get familiar with future members. Through the televised auditions the girls' and the group's fan base can start forming and growing.

Promoting the theater will probably take a lot of dedicated work. This type of theater will be a new concept in Mexico (I can't think of anyone who has done something like this before). But the concept of an artist having a home show is not new in the western world, think of Britney Spears and her residency show in Las Vegas.

Now for the name, I've seen people use MXC and MXO besides MEX. Personally, I dislike MXC, it looks very unappealing but it could be used to refer to Mexico City. I think MXO looks good, but I just refer to the possible group as MEX48 because it's the 3 letter abbreviation for Mexico. If MEX is used instead of the other possible names, Mexicans will automatically associate it with Mexico (the country, not the city). However, it could be unappealing when promoting the group to other countries (if it gets promoted in Latin America). If the group gets formed, I prefer MXO.

While I've seen a lot negative comments, I've also seen some ridiculous ones outside of stage 48. For example, some fans claim they could do a better and more successful 48 than the producer. A fan made 48, I imagine, would look something like the dance cover CNP48 (I don't know where they are from). It doesn't look bad, but looks and feels too plain. I'm not expecting girls to be ultimately talented but they need to have some sort of charisma, so even if the girl can't sing, dance or act she is able to get an audience to like her.

Here is a dance cover of CNP48

A lot of comments also mention that the concept can only work in Asia? Why only Asia? This is like when people say only Asians can do good cosplay, which isn't true because I've seen a lot of good non-Asian cosplayers. Some say it won't work because of cultural differences. Well, if cultural difference was an impediment for enjoying the 48s music or any jpop or other asian pop music, then why are there several non-Asians fans of the 48s?! We, foreign fans, had the opportunity to be exposed to the music and concept of 48 and liked it, so who knows maybe all it takes is for the general public to be exposed to the concept and some may end up liking it.

I think some fans need to be more open minded to the idea instead of shutting themselves to the thought that it's impossible. And if it happens and its not to your liking well then you can always continue listening and watching AKB.

5. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Mexico tl;dr.

@aquaticdragons yeah, the rule isn't written anywhere, yet the fans have it written in their believing, so of you break it, it's a "sin", and as the "fans are godlike beings", (and this i had heard from one member), you are done.
    Yet mexicans don't have that kind of ideology, so if you don't mention it, nobody will care about that.

I don't doubt if Pedro Damian is going seriously with this project it will make it works, the thing is like many had said, it will better if they don't make a simple copypaste of AKB, like JKT is (or at least what i see of them), that will not work at it's fullest.

6. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    is this Aki-P's new gimmick? more yapping, less action. even in the 48G. he's making early announcement. but then it will take like 3-4 years before his vision or announcement will happen. I'm not taking any creation of an overseas group seriously. until AKS or Aki-P officially announce it. they are even having problems with HQ and sister group. then more expansion overseas? c'mon give me a break.

7. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

There are already difficults at home... how them try now "expansion"?

8. karles48

Is that Akimoto the same one who has been promising stages for years? Anyway, since you're so sure, I hope you'll know the real reason why Miichan was demoted to kk after her issue...

9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm pretty sure the reason she was demoted was because she made a huge deal out of it because she thought it was OVER FOREVER.

I'm guessing Aki-P could just sell the rights and let other people deal with it like with SNH.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  10. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

If it him I think tycoon found right or asker is right...
    Anyway ... Isn't more high priority is to put Keyakizaka 46 and NGT48 at same road where Nogizaka46 is now, without cover too much Nogizaka46 or Akb48 or anyone else that 46/48 think. Also that isn't only problem for them...

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wait, Yumeki Angels are a serious company?

That is serious?

:fp:

12. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This is why:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-09-17/china-vcs-are-going-crazy-for-girl-groups

13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Nope, not serious at all. TRUST ME. All the members have dropped out and like only two of them are left. They only do covers at events and their following is minimal. Add to it the fact that they haven't had any activity in a GOOD, LONG while. Yumeki, the dude in charge, is busier with this website.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  14. aquaticdragons

aquaticdragons Kenkyuusei

No, I don't think so. Like I said, this looks like it was done by fans of the idol concept and it looks like it was done for fun. If it was done seriously, then they failed because they don't know how to market themselves. You don't have to be a professional but you do have to be dedicated. This is why I mentioned CD9, they took their project more serious.

First song and video

This is their effort without a record label

I don't see how the problems in AKB48 are affecting the 48s overseas, or the overseas affecting the 48s in Japan.

15. karles48

Then that leads me to two more questions...
    ...why she thought it was over if she knew the rule didn't exist so she hadn't done anything bad
    ...why the management believed that the best 'solution' was to demote her so everyone thought she was indeed to blame
    People get scared to death when they believe there's a reason...if there isn't a lova-ban rule, why was Miichan so scared?
    Anyway, this is quite out of topic, so fellow @aquaticdragons is free to believe what Aki-P said, and I'm free to believe he didn't say all the truth.

16. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Yumeki wasn't serious since the beginnings :^^;:, i never take them as serious... (what kind of mexican project is 100% serious anyways:^O^:)

And by now, i'm in a neutral position about this Mexico48 project, i don't see any red alarm ringing... yet.
    ... still, i don't wanna see any transferring members here

17. trxsh

trxsh Member

Well, Aki-P just says whatever he thinks will sound interesting to the press lol. I think the reality is there's no specific regulation and penalty and they react on a case by case basis, but there is a love ban, subtle or implied or whatever. I know there are some idol groups that don't have love ban,,,
    I think though, since the idol concept is unfamiliar to latin america, it's a good idea at least for pushing some of the 48g concepts of sacrificing some aspect of being a normal girl to be more devoted to the work and training, (appear) more modest, at the very least to create a boundary between the girls and the fans in light of the whole "idols you can meet" thing

AKBzine on the mexico48 rumor: http://akbzine.com/2015/12/09/akimoto-create-akb-sister-group-mexico/

I didn't know about this getting a story on a Fuji TV program...
    Eh, I still wouldn't give it much thought until some official announcement is made

Well, there's a lot of girls with leadership qualities and talent that are kinda sitting on a shelf
    ngl I would love to see Tano become the center of attention in a new group~

18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    But learning Spanish.... she'd have to become really fluent before taking the plunge lol

if the video does not show watch the video here This is pretty much why

19. amour

amour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    LMAO. OH YES THE 90S. good times for mexican pop music. 8') how come i vaguely remember that group in that video. lolololololol i thought they ripped off tatiana's style back then. tropicalizing the music ehhhh, making it more banda like? wtf???? like seeing a song like beginner or river in a banda version would make me go ehhhhhh. and generally women in that industry don't do as well. unless if they make a big impression like jenni rivera. i'm legit scared for this project.. if it was 80s/90s mexico, why not? but now is a bad bad bad idea.

LOLOLOLOLOL RBD.Pedro Damian hasn't even bothered with finding a group that'll probably suceed RBD in terms of popularity. they were they most relevant group mid 00s/late 00s. Though if he becomes producer for them. I see them getting a whole bunch of offers from Televisa. Instead of a traditional novela(soap opera), it'd be cool to see them do a variety show or even a sitcom. I'd definitely consider Jeans to be a pseudo concept of an idol group because of so much member switches too. literally it was a member leaving at least every year for like 10 or so years.

oh the narco corridos.. but the thing is. it's a bigger thing in the states rather than in mexico since i think it's illegal in mexico. then again. it's not like these girls would bother with anything that's trendy right now in mexico or even diving into regional mexican music in general.

20. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    @amour Well... actually in Chihuahua the Narco corridos are BANNED :^^;:
    And it's not a joke, if a radio stations transmit it, BAM!, $25,000 mx for penalty fee
    If an artist sing it on a live concert, BAM!!! $400,000 mx for penalty fee (1 usd = 16 mx)

@trxsh Yeah, there are a LOT of shafted girls... yet... the cultural shock is quite terrible... specifically if they landed con Mexico City (even us, in the same country, have cultural problems in Mexico City)

QUE LAS QUESADILLAS DEBEN DE TENER QUESO CARAJO!!! :blink:
    Y POR FAVOR, DEJEN EN PAZ A LA GENTE DE CHIHUAHUA CON: "HABER DI:" "LECHE", "CHILE CHILACA A OCHO OCHENTA" :eek:

@Ashitaba Indeed, learning Spanish it's actually harder than English, and other non Latin languages. Yet, as i was formerly studying Japanese, i see some things in common, maybe it will be not as hard as can see at first sight.