Movie / DVD Million ga ippai! AKB48 MV Collection 13/09/11

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Whats wrong with being into Anime? Geez, I swear you're so dismissive sometimes of others tastes. Every season (4 times a year) there's at least 12 (or MORE) NEW Fresh series of Anime released on TV (Prime time, Late Night, Uncensored Cable TV, Movie theaters). How many Idol shows happen? I swear Ya know...

I totally agreeing with you & pulling your leg. In fact I even read an exhaustive study by the Japanese Ministry of Economics? (something like that) that actually concluded that "Piracy" HELPS Anime DVD sales. Like on YouTube, Dourga & such. You'd think that it was some normal reason to have Anime on TV late nights but, it's really treated more like 1/2 hour commercials to BUY the DVD's (hence the censoring & bonus goods) - WHY? because "People WILL pay that much"- Americans would NEVER pay that for Anime - at least not in the #'s the current Japanese crows does.

Anime is timidly approaching a 2nd 'Boom' in the USA - with all these streaming sites/options (Netflicks, Crunchyroll, Funi & Anime Net) so now it's Fast & Cheap - There's a cosplay show starting on SyFy channel in August - so perhaps "J-Pop Idols" will be the next Japan curiosity to invade America's geek landscape? I think Idol stuff would do REALLY well in America if you just subbed it & put it on Esquire TV (the Old G4TV) or even on SPIKE or Comedy Central- Try it. "MXC" & "Ninja Warrior" do very well here.

I personally long for a day when a site like CrunchyRoll has Streaming SUBBED "Idol shows" - legally or Fan-Subbed - I would totally pay for it. AKS has enormous success on YouTube- just take the chance & put some shows up on Hulu or YouTube and then sell them IN America & watch the money roll in. NOW is the time to cash in! "Ninja Warrior" does amazing here- there's even an America spin-off on a major network here.

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I wasn't dismissive of anyone's tastes but pointing out that I'm lucky for not being into anime all that much as a person living in Japan 'cause I'd have to throw even more money at even more costly things. I'd say that was relatively obvious.

I think I can live without AKB being put in the same basket as wacky game show hosts and "Ninja Warrior". :D

3. SputnikZ

SputnikZ Kenkyuusei

I'm really interested in buying this boxset! :) Will have to get some money for it :hehe:
    But why doesn't the collection include the sister group songs from Eien Pressure?

4. Josh

Josh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Well, mainly because it's not AKB, I suppose.
    Maybe they're planning to include them into an eventual SKE/NMB/HKT MV collection box? That would be awesome.

5. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I see, so it's a different economy for a different culture, that makes sense. It's... really amazing how much people spend on their hobbies. But then again, why work for money if you don't spend it on something to make yourself happy.

The LoTR set was from Costco (an American chain store that specializes in selling everything in bulk), but I think you can also get it from Wal-marts here too.

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Good god how I want this. I want this so bad. I wish I could buy it like everyone else... guess I'll end up getting it at bargain price X number of years later when I have a real job... :^^;: Looks like suuuuch a nice release though, and I'd been waiting for them to announce this.

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    OMG!! I have been waiting for this!!!
    Another version of AKB Ga Ippai (which I :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: very much)
    Its still long long time though..
    Cant wait [sweat] [sweat]

8. lilypie

lilypie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I think it's time I make a visit to Costco :) Though I wonder if it's still available (or on their web)...
    And darn that there's no Wal-mart close to where I live :fp:

Thanks though!

9. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Great, I'll definitely have to add this to my list of things to get at some point. Quite a few videos I like on this collection and I'm quite happy with my copy of the previous BD music video collection.

10. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

wow! Imagine if I bought this! I could play this collection right before the sousenkyo in my AKB48 party lol. :blush:

11. pxminh

pxminh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    pxminh
    YES!!! I have been waiting for this for a long time [party]
    They even include Team Surprise songs and Koi suru Fortune Cookie songs [clap]

I have dilemna now. I want the MV Collection but I want Budokan Concerts too (like everyone I think) but not enough money to buy all!
    3 choices:
    - buy only the MV Collection
    - buy only one Budokan Box (but which one?)
    - buy the MV Collection and one Budokan box (and reduce other hobby purchases :cry: )
    I have the summer to think about it and praying they will have enough stock available when I've made my choice.

12. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Damn...so I went to CDJapan looking for this and saw that they also had Blu-rays of AKB48 Yossha Ikuzo! In Seibu Dome and Maeda Atsuko Namida no Sotsugyo Sengen! In Saitama Super Arena.... And I still don't have the 2013 Setlist Blu-ray either.

That was bad. Very bad. :fp:

13. shadow reader

shadow reader Kenkyuusei

do you know if Flying Get MV is the drama ver ?

14. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

I think you get both versions...not 100% sure though

15. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I suppose it's the alternate version, none of the PVs I saw in the tracklist have 2 versions of the same included.

Uhm so, HOW AMAZING IS THIS? Very much so. And how broke I am? See answer number one. AKB ga Ippai remains one of my favorite purchases ever and it's probably the best AKB video thingy they've released. This time it has less of my favorite songs, but there are great plusses to it:

1. I haven't bought an AKB single since Manatsu no Sounds Good, so owning this would actually make sense, unlike the previous one where I already owned everything anyway.

2. TEAM SURPRISE!!!!!!1111: My favorite AKB related thing since Not yet. I must get my hands on this thing at some point...

Welp, there's still 2 years until I graduate and hopefully start earning a pretty penny, so here's hoping it's still around by then [hehe] Or else I could save for it, but screw it, Pokemon X is way more of a priority right now.

16. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48
    All versions are included,the music video, the longer music video and the movie drama version.

17. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    apparently the preorder has started now..
    is there any different bonus depending from where i buy it?
    i am torn from which site I should order it :((

18. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  19. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Eh? Are you sure? Where does it say that? That would definitely push me towards getting it, but I have trouble believing it's true... even though in the OP list there are some "to be announced" songs. It just seems like doing this would take away sales from the actual single.

20. pxminh

pxminh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    pxminh
    ^ I was supposing this because they left 4 empty slots but now I have doubt.
    It can be Koi Suru Fortune Cookie+UG+NG+FG or the 4 new songs from Team Surprise. I hope it will be KFC MVs, I don't want to wait 2 years again like Everyday, Katyusha!