Nakanishi Aruno (Aruru) / 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by halcyon, Feb 8, 2022.

1. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I understand your point. I also don't want to be so unforgiving of her because it takes a lot of energy to be a hater* and she has also apologised 2 times (probably 3 if her first blog is also an apology), but I also need to see real change in personality and her image is of a bad person as of now, so I don't know if I can accept her as a member yet.

* I must note that this was the first time ever I hated a member from any group and it is so tiring lol. Now that she has apologised I will try to ignore her, but the offensive stuff she wrote online has hurt a lot of people feelings. Okahina at least addressed her wrongdoings directly, but Aruno's apologies sounded ambiguous. It's difficult to know what she is apologising from, what she regrets doing and what she doesn't regret. A more direct apology would be better.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Tbh, I don't mind giving Aruno a chance. She basically someone with a lots of bad past decisions.
    Okamoto on the other hand is just the typical sns attention seeking teenager, hungry for fame is good for being an idol but leaking information is a just aruNO in entertainment industries and I doubt a month of hiatus can make a change. But still, since management already push both of them to us, the only choice we have is too see if they able to prove that they can change for good.

Anyway, since the management just keep making bad decision by not making the Omitatekai online delivery and cutting the apology part on Nogidouga ver too. The heated conversation will not stop anytime soon [hehe][hehe].

p/s It leaves a bad taste if other members are effected, but being a haters doesn't make you a hypocrite btw.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I'm confused with this statement. If I were not an idol fan, reading this would make me think that you've known/watched her for a very long time.
    We haven't even seen her interacted with the senior members nor appeared in many pics (only 2 pics if I can remember, at the end of 46hr tv). She hasn't even appeared in Nogichuu yet.

Would you mind to clarify what "real change in personality" you want to see?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I can't wait for Aruno appearance on Koujichuu and Star Tanjou. She looks weird and odd, especially with her pet naming sense, similar to Aya's nickname collection. However, to me, Johnson is the queen of weird naming skills.:D
    It also seems that Aruno is close to many 4th gen members. In one of SR, Kakehashi even called her Aruno, without chan suffix. Kakehashi called Teresa with Teresa-chan. It shows that she is very close with Aruno, moreover, they are also the same age. If Kakehashi is the senpai presenting Aruno introduction, that would be interesting. Can't wait!:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

@Chubo It's quite simple actually: she has made derogatory tweets towards many people and has said some very offensive stuff. This already leaves an impression of a bad person. It wasn't "just" insulting someone online as some people try to portray, it was real disrespectful stuff towards many communities.

As for what I would consider "real change in personality", if she can work and devote her soul to the group starting from the lowest possible position without any push, then it's possible to make an impartial judgment about her as a hardworking idol, which is a good personality. But the offensive stuff she tweeted can never be forgotten if she doesn't address this directly.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

"The Lowest Possible Position Without any push", quite interesting.
    Is there any such place in Nogizaka46? I'm going to see it now! what kind of place is that?

7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    As far as I can understand, ALL of the above people (after my latest post) are more all less agreeing on the base-line: I can absolutely understand @gvstavvss POV and deep inside I just pray for Aruno to actually go through this from a low starting point and end up a winner! I would feel really hurt if she fails or proves not to be worth of this 2nd chance. I would also agree with @unknownsensei that Hina-chan's "sin" was even more unprofessional, however this eagerness (or hunger) for publicity would be a bad side-effect of a country-girl that has tasted the taste of success (through her dancing) and therefore project a "crude" almost "brutal" and certainly non-polished wish to prove this through Nogizaka.

They both have to prove themselves (as do all girls) but from a lowest standpoint. We can only wish them "ganbatte" and cheer them if and only when they manage to win their career in the group.

Now, regarding @Shima-can, if I understand well, (please tell me if not) this "lowest possible position without andy push" commend is ironic... It implies that any such condition is a safe and certain ticket to oblivion. It reminded me the fate of my beloved 2nd gen (minus Hori) that were doomed to grow while being permanently on this "lowest possible position without andy push"... This has always been my main grudge against Nogizaka, one that I will never forgive them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Right. I can respect your point of view and your arguments are convincing. I also wish both Aruno and Hina become better people. Let's see how it goes in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Regarding Aruno derogatory tweets, there was suspision/possibility, that was a tweet about a movie called "The Mutation (1974)"
    I found a post on matome site, it is an old post and only one post. Plus, there is also tweet about this matter. Maybe, anyone here that has better Japanese reading comperehensive can explain more about the content of that post and tweet.
    Source mobame: http://nogizaka-46bunno1.blog.jp/archives/86180209.html
    Source tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/yuuka_oze/status/1509860255819202563

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    There's a video with Yakubo, Rei, Kakehashi and one more 4ki who I can't remember right now.
    When 5ki first lined up to introduce themselves to their senpais, Yakubo said Aruno was the one that stood out for her because of her short hair, among other things. Aruno also apparently said something like 生き物いろいろ飼ってます. Yakubo found her 変/weird/strange and said she really likes these kind of girls.
    Wonder if you've seen this? Came to mind when I read your post. :D

Edit: also, to that movie review thing MasToppu added,
    there is a tweet that put those tweets in question side by side with clips of when she was talking about movies she went to watch on that video where she was doing a purin food review. (Damn I'm so bad at remembering vid titles. lol)

11. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Even if this is true, there is also a racist tweet which there isn't much to defend there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I haven't seen that. Maybe SR before the 4th gen concert? I only saw a clip of Kakehashi SR when she try to mention members that have the same age as her.

If that movie tweet were true, that means you could forgive one of her mistakes from her past, right?

As for her racist tweet, is it this tweet?
    "Whenever I go to Harajuku, there are always black people who look like they gonna kidnap me, maybe because I have a defenseless face.."
    I can only find that one. If you might have more tweets from her that discriminate against black people, you can share them too.

Based on that one tweet, I can assume that she is just scared because black people on the street in Harajuku are well-known for their not-that-good reputation.
    I also tried to search more about them using this keyword, 原宿 黒人 and found many articles about them causing problems.
    While I searching, I also found this video. It is not related to Aruno case, but at least, you can get a view of the situation in Harajuku.

if the video does not show watch the video here

My point is, that I don't want to call her racist because of one tweet that most likely doesn't imply that view. However, if she posted more about this matter, that would be different.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Her tweet above might not be too racist, but it's still not appropriate and might hurt some people's feelings as she's generalizing black people.

What about her tweet on women with body dysmorphia, or women getting emotional on her period, or hitting her brother because he has been too cocky?

Not trying to pour oil over fire here, but as I don't speak japanese, many things might get lost in translation, so I would like to know the context of those tweets too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Aruno using the word 黒人 (Kokujin) to address black-skinned people is not racist, neither was her remarks. She was implied that people who are ぐいぐい (Guigui)/ vigorously reaching out to you (like those sales) are something that terrifies her. Which is absolutely normal for any girl regardless of age, no one enjoy being approached in such manner.

If you watch Koujichuu, take a look at episode-95, they had a black-skinned actor and Shitara addressed the guy as "黒人 (Kokujin)" ー being famous as he is, you think no one would say anything if he suddenly threw in a racist remarks?

If anything what racist remarks towards Black-skinned people is 黒穂 (Kurobo).

If you ever watch some Japanese show, from time to time, there will be a mention of dark skinned people using the word "Kokujin" and everyone is absolute chill because it's not a racist remarks. That's just how Japanese people address black-skinned people.

Edit:
    Japanese is not everyone's first language, you should be careful about what you read and believes before spreading it out.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    I managed to find it... it's the Bomberman Asobu Dake episode (Sayaka, Rei, Mio and Runa) :D

On the bright side, something about numbers which is universal...;)
    Among the 10th year anniv 5ki documentary releases on Haishinchuu YT this week, Nakanishi's is 5th most liked, despite being uploaded on the 3rd day. She has less than Ioki, Inoue, Satsuki and Tomisato. She also ranks 2nd in views (#1 in day 3 batch). Looks like numbers for a WWF Attitude Era heel back in the day lol. Bring a lot of heat, but attract people's attention.

This should be stickied on this thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

@MasToppu Thank you for the video recommendation, I will take a look on it.
    @NEVBOSS I've never said it was the term she used that was racist because, as you said, it is not racist and is what it's used to describe Black people in a totally acceptable way in Japanese. I was talking about the context of her tweet, though I didn't specify so sorry for the misunderstanding.

17. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Her tears during the Omitatekai broke my heart... People's reaction that she was "faking it" made me really furious... JUST LET THE CHILD IN PEACE WILL YOU???

I just get the opportunity to think aloud and let my thoughts drift away from possibly arbitrary and unconnected causes to most possibly illogical conclusions:

1. (my insanity at "yellow") As far as I remember, no new gen in all 4 Sakamichi groups had such case of mass-hostility towards new members (due to any reason). Even Keyakizaka46's 1st gen Harada Mayu - which was immediately expelled, was not faced with such aggression. As for Mattsun's case I was not involved with idols back then to know the impact of her "digression" to the fan base, but as far I know from what I have read it was much milder... But THIS is the first gen that was compiled after the large periods of global lock-downs. Now, speaking as a person involved in education, I've seen altered behaviour as the norm - not the exception - among teenagers, behaviour that affected negatively both their academic performance and their social relationships. Lockdown weighted even more heavily to the lifestyle of the already-super-heavy-users of social media and platforms like IG and Twitter. People tend to post much more frequently and read posts even more frequently, but with heavy use, comes misuse: Any erratic signs in posts (from minor and unimportant to major and problematic) were inevitably reproduced and regurgitated again and again and as a result were quite often magnified and exaggerated on how they were acknowledged and interpreted.

2. (my insanity at "orange") This may be pure sci-fi and crazy as hell but nevertheless... Companies make decisions. And decisions may find some people in disagreement. You know, internal conflicts and stuff... Any one that has experienced long-table meetings know that people at middle and upper managemernt levels are constantly back-stabbing one another or just await for the opportunity to prove themselves and/or disprove others... Funny, boring and unpleasant stuff... Are there people in management that may have been displeased by (any) decisions on the 5th gen in particular??? What if? (and if you rush to tell me that they are shooting at their own leg if the do that, please allow me to stress the fact that, in such environments, careers for some are built on disasters of others).

3. (my insanity at "red") It's funny how fast and with what intensity social media posts were discovered, researched and brought to light... Were fans so vigilant about such things in the past? Were fans so touchy about these things in the past? Were fans so thorough and meticulous about these things in the past? And in parallel: too many rumors, rumors here, rumors there (if I'm not mistaken there are rumors on discord about even Tsukki! - who will be the victim of tomorrow?). What if these rumors are orchestrated from somewhere... I view a Sakamichi group as an onion: The group members (from all gens) are in the middle, then managers, staff, management, fans etc etc... What if this whole "feeding frenzy" activity around social media "scavenging" and "rumor-generation" comes from a specific "little worm-inside-the-onion"? What if???

...Oh, silly me... I have to stop being so airheaded!

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

People, as emotionally, has a capability to being angry. That's why people tend to hate and dislike each other. Even every kind of words, tens, hundred, thousand, or dozens of apological act can't really convinced.

19. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

just wonder why people need to kidnap you or not ?
    read magna or cartoon too much ? i hope that she will better soon
    i mean she is sick. i dont think she is bad ....enough
    its not proof anyway if she wrote it or photoshop remake .

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Rawerontek

Rawerontek Kenkyuusei

just my opinions (or rant): As we all know, those who followed Nogi when Akimoto made them as a direct challenge against AKB48 make them have small but very Hardline Fans,
    1. after many years NOGI goes mainstream, had huge casual fans, and establish an image as an "Ojousama idol group" (idols who have good manners, good pedigree, elegant and clean).
    2. Nogi fans had a long story of hate of management at Airdrop Center like Ikoma, Miona, Yoda-Momo (fans want Center should be the most popular girls or had huge fans to fight Anti or show hard-earned progress before becoming one).
    when hardline fans watch Nogichu that showing the 29 single-center will be 5gen some of them must be furious and trying to find any news or background about all members of 5gen past.
    those Fans are lucky to found it or make Aruno SNS about individual photo shot/date, her bad mouthings others, pantsu selling and papakasu (not Ojousama materials) and make it Virals to force Management change 29 singles Center and the rest are histories (some are true some are false we never truly know, but if management said no japan law are broken my cent on a private shot date and bad mouthings others are true).
    I too had sympathies with Nogi fans, because, They don't want a problem child to become the Center (face of NOGI) even for just 1 single (die-hard fans are still the drive of NOGI sales)
    I too had sympathies with Nakanishi who had already 19 years old (too old for Idol standard), the last chance to succeed or had a good change (make me remember in some interviews Asuka and Nanase had a dark view about the world before joining NOGI but they lot of youngers than Aruno)
    lastly, I just hope her apologies during 2nd Omitatekai are sincere and she shows us her determination to break a leg to become a professional entertainer or die trying (just like Sabita compass lyric)

• Like Like x 5