TV / Radio NMB no Mecha Baito (2014/07/08 START)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by zeroshiki, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

That depends on the girl, I guess.;) Miru, Haru and Akarin certainly don't need the few yen from this. Fuuchan on the other hand...

2. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Apparently Antan only makes 40,000 yen a month ($400) after taxes and stuff so they need all the help they can get!

3. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I wonder if their Yoshimoto contract would prevent them from getting a part-time job if they needed one. I know most members are young so it doesn't matter but for older members, I'm sure it's a big determining factor in whether they can remain idols or not.

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Yoshimoto geinin can do part-time jobs (and some do to make ends meet) but I assume that's a big no-no for idols.

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    She does get some help with transportation costs and stuff but yeah that's pretty awful.

The jokes about Fuuchan being poor make me real sad =(
    Like when she took a picture next to the flying car that ran into the tree from Harry Potter and people are like "Hey look that's Fuuchan's car!" :wall:

6. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

The girls who live on their own certainly have a hard time if they don't get much outside work. But do we even know for certain which older members have their own place and which don't? Nana, Milky and Sayaka have their own place, I think but I don't know about the others.

And then there are girls like Renapyon and Aapon who live in some dorm together because they come from further away...?

Yeah, that was rather mean.:cold: But Fuuchan is not the only one not being well off. Takamina, Akimoto Sayaka come from poor backrounds. Ainyan lived in some tiny room by herself back when they did the showcasing of the members rooms.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its good for her because it gives fans a character to hang onto her. Plus, its always better to be a poor idol than a rich idol since fans feel closer to poor people.
    Sayaka still lives with her parents in Osaka but she's away so often that it doesn't matter. She stays in hotels when in Tokyo. Milky and Nana too.

Keicchi and Udon live together. Sakipi, Riripon and Iso live closeby. Apon lives alone separate from them. Everyone else, non transfer edition, still live at home as far as I know.

8. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I can't imagine the poor character being a very good character, and I don't think Fuuchan has embraced it yet, so it just seems really awkward to me since I don't like talking about their economic background.

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    You kinda know its a sore topic when you see that Fuuchan makes it a point never to talk about her economic status.

10. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

When most of them still live with their parents or share living costs I really don't see the problem with the payment they get. After reading through more closely what Antan wrote, she had the 40k yen left after pretty much all other costs for daily needs were covered. It is basically the money she has over for stuff; she uses it mostly to buy clothes for handshake events.

The various economic statuses the girls have is something none of them like to address and it shouldn't really matter for fans and management alike. Miru and Fuuchan are pretty much the exceptions but only get outed for having a rich/poor backround because other members are pointing it out or fans dig for it and see that both are extremes on either side of the spectrum. Miru always tries to deflect it and Fuuchan doesn't address it at all.

I'm a Fuuchan/Miru oshi and neither did I know their economic backrounds when I got interested in them, nor does it matter today. It's just interesting to me how girls of all walks of life come together in this group.

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Less so for NMB but its hard to live off of a tiny salary of an idol if your family is poor so the really poor girls are probably a rarity. I agree that the economic statuses of the girls are none of our business but making jokes about Fuuchan taking home catering food in tupperware is fun when done good naturedly.

12. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Ok, now i'm interested. What is the problem with Fuuchan?

13. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Nothing, really. People just like to joke that she's poor because she probably is/was.

14. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    But why? :^^;:

15. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Well, I guess some of it is that it matches her character (or lack thereof) and people just attached the poor little idol girl character on her.

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Episode 12

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Episode 13

Part 1

Part 2

18. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

God I wish I could take that class.

I didn't even know しんどい was Kansai-ben (I blame Takamina for spamming her fake Kansai-ben). Probably means I REALLY should take that class.

This is the best episode ever.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  19. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Murokana looking like she's wearing teacher cosplay, Hako kabedon and Emichi in general makes thus whole thing lol

20. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    According to my friend, shindoi in Osaka means you're tired, shindoi in Tokyo means your friend will take you to the hospital and/or help you with whatever serious problem you're undergoing.