Event / Concert Post Yamada Nana Auditions

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by Timmeon, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    It'd be a step down for Idol Jesus, she's already more mainstream than 95% of *48.

2. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

So...this still doesn't really answer the cruetial question. Will the new girl be a full status member in a team (Team M presumably) right away or become a KKS?

Whoever came up with this idea needs a slap on the back of the head by Yuipon. It's so convoluted.
    The comments on Camerons post mostly don't understand this either or say they don't need this kind of audition.

3. itsmiina

itsmiina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Wait, I still don't really understand...
    So, they're just looking for a brand new member that can shine as an idol. She won't necessarily take on a leadership position in NMB.
    Why is this called a post Yamada Nana audition then? Unless is she going to specifically take Nana's position in senbatsu? Because, I have a few CURRENT members in mind that I think definitely should be in senbatsu.
    Why don't they just hold auditions for 5th generation? What?

this may be even messier than the draft and pennant race.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  4. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I actually personally don't see a problem.
    Nana is and has been such a prominent member for NMB, and her graduating will inevitably leave quite a huge gap.
    I think NMB are not looking to have many new members for now, so getting just a single new member now isn't too bad an idea.

Sure, it may go wrong with all the pressure on this one girl. But who knows they could perhaps find someone they could invest in for the long term.
    They're probably hoping to find someone like that for the long term too.
    The criteria that were given were probably meant to be a joke.
    And it's called "Post-Nana" audition I bet mainly to attract people to even audition in the first place.
    The more choices they have, the higher the chances of them finding someone with a tonne of potential to develop.

From the sounds of it, the audition process itself is going to be a rather tough one, so the person who makes it is probably going to be someone they think is worth their time and investment. Someone Yoshimoto themselves would want to keep for the long term.

Of course, there may be some risk whether this girl lives up to expectations or not, but it's a risk that's worth taking.
    Come on, I mean which business venture does not involve risk?

Either way, it'll be interesting how it turns out.

5. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    They can try to find one person and have them fill a specific role but it will probably never work out the way they envision it. Look at how the draft turned out. IIRC, the purpose of that was to find talented members who would be ready to insert in the team and fill specific needs. We all know how that turned out.

As @convenience93 said, the "Post-Nana" name is just to give it some pizzazz. They can call it whatever they want. but in the end, it's just an audition to find a new member or members.

6. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

Either they make the new girl a KKS and promote one KKS to Team M or they can stick this audition up their butts. I don't want another full nugu member that Team M has to babysit for half a year before they fully function inside the group and team, regardless how talented they are. I also don't want to see the KKS being snubbed again.

The draft showed how flawed this instant full member concept is. I hope they don't repeat it with this audition.

7. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    that's why

it's a step up for NMB48, a coup for yoshimoto to wrest control of the entire idol industry by uniting behind idol jesus and kamimoto sayaka

what makes this really twisted is that they're only auditioning for ONE member? that's weird

8. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

They don't have more space than for one member. What would you do with a 5th gen, now that the KKS stage is fitted to 12 members and the teams have more than 16 members already? You could take max 3 new KKS in and promote 2 girls to Team N and one to Team M but that's it.

Or you go yolo and promote all the KKS to Team 4 II and get a whole new 16 member 5th gen.

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    This is so dumb. I think they'll just promote Jo (she's in Okinawa today btw) and stick this new person into the KKS so we get balance among all teams.

10. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Let's not the jump the gun on this yet. We don't know how the entire thing will work out either and it could turn out fine, depending on the kind of candidate they'll choose. I think it's a rather inspired idea and they could mitigate their risks relatively easily if they play it right. Everyone's all caught up on the 'post Nana' part but it could literally just be a one person audition kind of thing for a person that's nothing like her, which might be a good idea considering how the group is overstuffed as is. Management ends up pushing like a few from each generation as is, might as well find someone really good and stick with it.

11. tunafishie

tunafishie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanana

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    SayaNana pairing confirmed to be real by the theater manager :D

13. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Hey, a Kazumin kennin would be pretty good. Being perpetually stuck in the 16th position in senbatsu must be a bit demoralising. Of course all the purists won't want a kennin anyways, so..

That said, no one can replace Nana for sure. Hopefully whomever this new person is she won't be pushed even harder than the likes of Nagisa and co.

14. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Actually I'm caught up on the one person audition, I don't think anyone will enter the group with as much hype as whoever finishes this one audition and that's a noticeable weight on her shoulders. Like the gori-oshi before they even begin their first lesson.

15. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    It is a gimmick but the fact that its a one person audition will not change. What's there to wait for?

16. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    This should be written in big red characters on the banner of the forum.

I for one am looking forward to this audition. If only one member is added to the group she will inevitably get noticed since well, she's the only new girl.
    I'm glad we don't get a full gen though, there's no room in the Teams to promote KKS and they have too good a chemistry to add new girls.

17. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

I agree with Momoka's assessment of this idea right after the annoucement: "This sounds like something Aki-P decided upon while drinking." :lol:

18. itsmiina

itsmiina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    The "post-Nana" title does draw attention, but it also draws in a lot of hate. I wish they would clarify more on what exactly this audition thing is going to/supposed to be.
    And I wish they would scrap the idea of "one member" and just make it into a small 5th generation audition thing. But, who knows, maybe that's what it will become. Although it was stated that they would prefer one member, it wasn't a for sure thing.

But, like Smilodon said before, I really should stop being so pessimistic and should wait for things to pan out, haha.

19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I think this would be pretty good. If anything, to calm down the angry fans who think KKS are getting snubbed, they could add a member or two to team N to even out the members, and put this new girl in team M. The criteria didn't ask for a replica of Nana. They wanted someone with her willpower and determination to try hard doing what she does and be funny. She will most likely be put in Nana's position in Team M, but in Senbatsu she might be between 4th and 12th to promote her and if she does well in popularity she can stay in senbatsu. I'm all for this "Audition" XD

I must be the biggest idiot in the world because I spent a good few minutes heating up my brain trying to figure out who the hell Kamimoto Sayaka was
    and then i got it
    Yama-moto >> Kami-moto
    cause she made kami7
    dear god im actually an idiot :fp:

[hehe]

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I seriously doubt whoever wins this audition is getting into senbatsu immediately.