Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Assassin's Creed

Not bad but I'd give this film 3.6/5.

The film isn't the same with the game. it has its own plot & characters tho few same characters such as Baptiste & Christopher Columbus. From the ending, there will be sequel?

BTW, I'm gonna tell you, I was once involved on a shooting of a film, it was Viva JKT48, JKT48's film. they promised free tickets for fans who participated on the final shooting, a concert scene. The film was a flop & I actually didn't trust the maker because they have made many cheesy films.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Rogue One

I tried not to read any of the comments here about the latest in the Star Wars franchise, in case they swayed me, but I can safely say I was extremely impressed.
    It reminded me of the original films; Felicity Jones (gonna show my age here but I remember watching her religiously in her second ever role in The Worst Witch back in 1998 <3 ) did a great job as did the supporting cast, especially K the robot. Friends who I saw it with said it was the best one in the whole series so far; I could be persuaded to agree. Definite 9/10.

Sausage Party

I don't know why my friends showed me this, but it was insane. Brilliant, mad, hilarious, and the last ten minutes had me open mouthed and speechless. I think I cried with laughter at a couple of points.
    9/10 too

I also finished watching The Babadook. That was intense, and the ending is weird but strangely satisfying. I am gunning for a sequel.

3. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Rogue One: 9/10

Loved it as much as I loved the original trilogy (and The Force Awakens). K-2SO's sass went to infinity and beyond. (Wrong fandom, but whatever.) [hehe]
    Besides those two methods, there's also another method called the "Machete Order" (here's the blog post about it). It's an interesting way to watch Star Wars if you're aiming to get the maximum effect for dramatic story-telling. Where Rogue One would fit into this is probably before Episode IV.

La La Land: 10/10

I didn't have a lot of expectations for this movie, but I ended up loving it so much in the end! It was a surprisingly great combination of old classic Hollywood nostalgia with the mindset of 21st century life in LA. I loved how the movie decided to show all aspects of LA: the old Hollywood glamour, the worn-down places that you can find everywhere, the never-ending traffic and freeways (I've driven by the place where they shot the opening scene - so proud of that moment), the many mountains and hills with their beautiful views of the cityscape and the ocean. Made me love my city that much more. :inlove:

The songs and the music were super catchy (bought the soundtrack just now :D), the cinematography had that nostalgic charm to it even with its contemporary setting, and Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were top-notch in their acting. :) It deserves the Oscar for Best Picture this year imo, but I'm not sure how realistic my prediction is. XD

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I had another double session...
    1. Why him? The movie is mostly backed up by all kinds of clichés and scatological jokes. It isn't too bad, but... 6/10
    2. Passengers. Yes, I liked it. It's beautiful, romantic, thrilling, sad, smart...and surprising, all at the same time. And I could totally identify with the way the characters feel and behave. 9/10

5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Finished Star Wars marathon. Now bring on The Last Jedi!

Beside The Last Jedi, there're a lot of films I'd like I watch, perhaps my first film this year will be Sword Ar Online Ordinal Scale, it'll be released in Japan 18th of this month but I dunno when it'll be available in cinemas in Indonesia. Other films I'm gonna watch such as Spiderman Homecoming, Transformers The Last Knight, Power Rangers, Fullmetal ALchemist live action, & Si Juki (an Indonesian animated comedy based on popular comic).

What? So this year there'll be 2 films titled The Last blablabla???

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  6. karles48

Only two? You're too optimistic... ;)
    The happening is on tv tonight, but I'm not going to watch it again...it's one of the most cheating films I've ever watched...:hmm:

7. karles48

Back to Mom's (a French film). Quite boring. 4/10

8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    There are 3 Indonesian actors who played on The Force Awakens. They're Yayan Ruhian, Iko Uwais, & Cecep Arif. They played as Kanjiklub, a group of space robbers who attempted to rob Millennium Falcon. For me Yayan Ruhian is best Indonesian actor of present days. He's very skilled in a martial art called pencak silat. Beside The Force Awakens, other international films he played such as Yakuza Apocalypse by Takashi Miike & he's planned to appear on another Japanese film. Now he played on a Bima Satria Garuda The Movie, released next May.

They gained international fame from The Raid. The film was directed by Gareth , a Welsh director who is fascinated with pencak silat. He's married with a half Japanese woman who is sister of Reino Barrack, a media tycoon who persuaded Aki-P to create JKT48.

9. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    500 Days of Summer. Hits too close to home. 9/10
    Yes, I'm a masochist for watching it on a valentine's day.

10. karles48

La la land. It isn't a bad movie but it felt too long for me and I got a bit bored in the end. In fact, I felt I was watching the part II of Cafe society... 6/10

11. MrQazman

MrQazman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    John Wick 2
    8,5/10 If you liked the first one you will probably like this one.

12. karles48

Logan. Well, I can't say it's a superheroe movie (it's closer to Rambo, Die hard or Mad Max...) but I liked it. 8.5/10

13. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Get Out (2017)

What no one saw this?!!
    I'd say this is one of the best movies of 2017 so far. Scary / Suspense movies have really stepped up their game in these past years.
    Get Out though...good stuff. Plus we had the best audience in the theater to make it even better.

Rotten Tomatoes says it's 100% and i'd say it's pretty spot on. You decide.

14. karles48

Another double session:
    1. Es por tu bien. A Spanish comedy. 6/10
    2. Beauty and the Beast. I really liked it. Romantic, thrilling and full of magic. I'd give it a 10/10, but I give it a 9.5/10 because the songs were difficult to understand (the volume of the music was too high)

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale.

4.5/5

Damn awesome! Spoiler: there's an idol concert on the movie.

16. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I recently saw the remake of Pete's Dragon with my mother. We were both sobbing by the end 9/10

17. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    Ghost in the Shell (2017)
    Visual is amazing, the city looks perfect just like in Blade Runner and Akira. ScarJo is hhhhhhhnnggggg and i think she looks perfect as major. The story is different from the original movie but i still can say that this is indeed Ghost in the Shell, unlike that abomination called Dragonball Evolution and to lesser extent, Edge of Tomorrow (a great movie but can't be compared with the source material).

It deserves a 7/10

18. karles48

Moana. At first I wasn't too thrilled about watching it...but I loved it!! It was like going on holiday to Hawaii. The songs, the plot, that amazing sea...I loved everything! 10/10
    PS: Btw, Moana reminded me of Kitarie... ;)

19. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Pandora (2016 Korean film on Netflix)

Jae-Hyeok works at the local nuclear power plant. An earthquake strikes the small town where Jae-Hyeok lives and causes explosions at the nuclear power plant. The situation quickly spirals out of control, leading the entire nation to panic. To prevent another nuclear disaster, Jae-Hyeok and his co-workers return to the nuclear power plant.

I would rate it 9/10.

I loved this film. Normally films that are based around radiation do a terrible job of showing how it effects the person and often has the person drop dead but this film does a good job at portraying it very accurately. The entire film is a roller coaster where everything is fine on minute but going wrong the next. At no point does the film get boring or is obvious. I really recommend it.

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Would it be bad to watch it if I never watched the show?

TBH I'm not that interested in the show but I was invited to the movie and want to go.