Sato Shiori (Satoshi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    my god Satoshi you are still the best looking after all this time.
    15419266_1571071209573286_422417539_o.jpg 161202-(14).jpg

Mod note: please use thumbnail function for oversized photos

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
  2. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    SHII CHAN~ <3
    Appearantly, during on of the adver parts there was Shii-chan solo moment?
    I hope she gets more jobs for Fashion modeling~
    She's really pretty~ ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
  3. hypercube

hypercube Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Are you ready for these? It seems another world from last fall, when she wept and said she had never thought of herself as cute. From her blog a few hours ago:

sub-member-6674_01_jpg.jpg sub-member-6674_jpg.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  5. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    from a girl that was terrified that she wouldnt be able to survive and go home after keyabingo and feeling inferiori in general, she has blossomed on so many levels.
    it was such a waste to not put her in front til now, but that can be said for all the girls.
    i am still so happy for her tho. her artwork attracted me at first. and she was great in Tokuyama.
    I hope 2017 is great for her. lets go Satoshi!

6. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

I noticed one distinctive thing when I was exploring Shiichan’s past year (I did this because the growth is almost unreal).

Generally, at the debut, I think you could see that she has potential although she was far away from her level now.
    shiori 006_zpsrhzqxqgx.png
    (The picture is from her birthday on 16th November 2015. Her features were promising.)

With KeyaKake and the activities starting however, my impression of her early days are that she was an outsider in the group. Not only did she have a tendency to overly advertise her art college curriculum, but in KeyaKake she looked liked she didn't enjoy what she was doing and even showed no compassion at all for other members. Examples:
    • In the cooking contest, she made a Chawanmushi. She did it well but while doing so, she made a mocking remark towards the other contestants, saying that they definitely won't come this far.
    • When Uemura did her special burger and Sawabe judged it well, she was the only one of the members not to raise her hand immediately when asked whether they want to try it.
    • When Neru's kennin role and Senbatsu inclusion was decided for the 2nd single, the group bursted out in tears and relief. This was probably the most emotional moment for the members themselves on air - with the exception of Shiichan who showed more or less zero reaction and delight at this announcement.
    • She rarely took two-shots with other members for her blog until about June, prefering to post pictures of her drawings (that were excellent, of course, but...)
    Along with this seemingly unsocial behaviour and discontent with her situation, her expressions were plain and unnatural, resulting in a clear 3rd row spot, as well as terrible HS sales.
    031-20160430-KE1-043.jpg
    Clearly not competitive against other members.
    Until, a few months later...
    mobyCWggk.jpg
    And if you look at her these days in radio, TV, blog, everywhere after being moved to the front, you'll immediately see again that she did another level up.

What kind of switch can trigger such a change in a period of just a few months?

I personally believe it was the production of the 2nd single and everything that came with it - MV's, Keyabingo and Tokuyama Daigoro. During these days in June and July, the group has found together and stood through various hardships by holding firmly together, more than they did ever before (see 'The time of Keyakizaka' and interviews with TAKAHIRO, for example on ukifune's site). Around that time, Shiichan suddently started to come alive and surprise with a variety of skills such as convincing acting (acting ability test on KeyaKake, TokuDare, Sexy team and folk story acting in Keyabingo). Moreover, she seemed to genuinely socialize with the other members, now regularly taking two-shots for her blog and not advertising her art college anymore but just let her actions and new found beautiful smile speak for her. I believe that there's a connection with many members having progressed so much around these months.

Just like TAKAHIRO said about Yurina that she becomes the strongest when she has the other 20 members around her supporting her, I think Shiori found to her new self with the help of her newfound friends. It took a while until fandom noticed it but in the end, she sold decently for the 2nd single, and has come to the well-deserved sellout for the 3rd single, overtaking the likes of Aoi and Habu. With her current engagement definitely not being unnoticed, I predict she will be about the level of Miyu and Akanen in future HS sales.

Techi's amazing growth in one year also is for a biological reason because she's right at the peak of adolescence. However, Shiichan who was already 19, did it out of genuine willpower and hard work, which is why I cherish her growth so much.

At last, some of my favorite pictures of her. Go, Shiichan, go, go.
    Cr633rhUMAAeTHV.jpg sub-member-5226_02_jpg.jpg mig.jpg mobz3DI62.jpg

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Very good analysis. If she's anything like me, I suspect she may have emphasized her idol work to others at school the way she did her art work to her fellow idols -- just to have a point of excellence to show. Maybe she eventually realized the great possibilities that being an idol opened up for her, as well as feeling more part of the group and able to work on their level.

And I don't want to be a downer, but I might add that I have wondered just how good Shiori's art work is. Her monthly greeting cards use more techniques than others, but don't seem as artistic to me as Mii-chan's, for example. And her simple drawings haven't impressed me as much as Naako's recent ones.

In any case, I love what she has become. Perhaps it's also just the process of maturing, living in a university and a business environment.

8. hypercube

hypercube Kenkyuusei

Nice insight.

I quite disagree with your conclusion and some of your opinions though.
    #2 Neru didn't raise her hand too, so...
    #3 I noticed this too. I don't know what happened to her too that day. I think it was because she was worried with her own inclusion too. She's good friends with Neru though (from her blog (2015/12/27)).
    #4 She took pictures a lot especially with Yukka, Neru, Muu, Fuuchan, and Habu whom she is good friends with (here are some examples: Yukka (from her very first blog post), Neru, Muu, Fuuchan, Habu) and sometimes other members. You can check out their blog archives if you have time, especially Yukka and Fuuchan, they're often together. You can browse photo archives here if you don't want to.

I think it was because she was busy in her university (Remember the first month report in Keyakake? (#19 160208 #18 160201) She was doing her university assignment for three days straight while others were having vacation with their own families). It was her first year in university too (art university students are very busy from what I observe. Remember Nanamin? She even had to drop out of Musashino). She didn't even appear in 1st single announcement (though it maybe because her beloved grandpa passed away or her university activities).

I agree with this. Miichan is awesome at watercolor. Shiichan at design (I think her dessan (デッサン) and paintings are quite good though, for example here and here). She also once said on her blog that she created the rough design for the artwork on her first Lotte CM.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  9. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Thank you two for your inputs. Thinking about it, I could have gotten an exaggerated sense about her attitude in KeyaKake, which doesn't necessarily have to be unsocial but more in a way that she just looked didn't really care or was happy about what was happening on-air. This could also be the reason why I never really noticed her until the acting ability check where I was surprised to perform her so good.

But still, don't you think Neru back in these times was pretty constrained and had to find to her bubbly variety character yet? When she reported that she ate both the miso fish made by Aoi and Zuumin, she was still very stiff. Also, at that Kennin announcement, the 21 member Senbatsu was already announced. But yeah, just like you say: Many many factors can play a role, and a university curriculum in particular. Judging to something from just a few hints and points on TV probably isn't the right thing to do.

Until today, she seems to be particularly close to Yukka, Fuu and Habu (a bit of an Onee-chan group). Browsing through her old blog entries, there actually were more group shots that I remembered. I probably overfocused on her individual shots and paintings. Isn't the dessan picture from November the one she presented at the Omotenashikai?

'Art' was always one of the more difficult things to understand for me, as my own drawing skills are crude, and there's always been a gap between 'beautiful to look at' and 'well made/good technique'. I like her monthly greeting cards (the current one too), but I share the view that the paintings of the likes of Mii-chan, Nanako or Yuipon sometimes are more accessible, easier to understand and relate to.

10. hypercube

hypercube Kenkyuusei

^ You're right, it was already announced. Pardon me.
    After researching a bit, I found her blog post about the 2nd single senbatsu announcement. She said she was ill at that time and apologized for having that reaction. She also said she is happy being together with Neru in senbatsu.

Yes, both are from Omotenashikai. A bit too old I guess.

I haven't seen her newest dessan lately. I collected some of her most recent dessans (which are from a few months ago): her dessan of her late grandpa (used for SekaAi campaign on twitter), TokuDare director, and probably the ones you saw on TokuDare (the sunglasses guy's drawing and some of the paintings I guess).

One particular difference I see from other members' drawings is that she doesn't draw cute or anime-ish art.

It's always fun seeing drawings created by 46 members and Keyaki's monthly greeting cards.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Whoa! Amazing blog post put up a few hours ago by Shiori: "At my limit." She says that going to art college and being an idol a the same time is stretching her to her absolute limit. She can't try any harder. She has dreamed of art school since she was little. Being a member of Keyakizaka46 and going to art college are both decisions she has made herself. But she feels that doing either of them well involves short-changing the other.

Right now she is putting all her efforts into the one-man live next week, which has been one of the group's goals. She wants to give a good performance both for the fans' sake, and for the other members' sake. She has thought of quitting art college. But she has also wondered what Keyakizaka would be like without her.

What a bombshell to drop just before Christmas. Here's her pic from the post:

mobxRI6pA.jpg

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    As a fellow art student I can comletely understand where she is coming from. There has been many things i've had to cut back on or completely remove out my my life due to my art studies taking a huge amount of my time and effort, but there are some things that I've been able to keep a hold of just because of how much a love those things too. While I can understand her thinking about leaving the group due to her studies, I do believe that if she really truly loves them both (her art and keyaki), she will find a way to do them both to the best of her abilities. And when it gets too tough, you can take a break from both.

Whatever she chooses, i'll support her regardless, i just hope this isn't signs of her graduating and just her speaking her thoughts out loud.

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From the way I read her post, I felt as if she was more likely to drop school than drop K46. Momentous decision -- she's coming to the end of her second year. I guess she has two more to go. I wonder if taking a hiatus from school is possible. Getting put in the front line must make this more complicated: more work on this side, but more achievement, too. If she seemed like a permanent third-rower, the decision might be easier. I think her ballet skills bring a lot to Futari Saison. She seems to lead that group at one point, including Aoi (who also did ballet) and even Hirate.

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Watching the Christmas "one-man live," I felt as if Satoshi was one of the happiest- and most alive-looking members. And I thought her hairstyle looked really good.

She missed a couple of publicity events, but here she is taking full part, and I expect her to do the same at Kouhaku. Maybe she's working out a way to give each of her lives enough time and effort to continue.

15. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Her new blog post might shed more light into this :)

16. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Darn, if I'd just find the time I would put a translation up here because it's one of the most impactful entries I can remember so far, of any member.

As an ardent Sato Shiori supporter, her short solo dance in the intro dancing act after Otona was one of the most rewarding things I've ever seen in a Keyakizaka live. Her style is absolutely different, but these few seconds she had looked more beautiful than any solo stuff I've ever seen from any group member.

From her blog, it looks like TAKAHIRO is particularly aware of her Ballet background and uses it well in his choreographies. He should keep going like this, because he has one of the group's best at his hands.

Just my humble two cents, but regardless of her selling much better now and getting more attention, I still think she's the most underrated member of the group. Talent-wise, she's easily competitive with the likes of Yuichanzu. Moreover, she is well aware of what her fans say to her: She uses the look with the front hairbangs here and there because many fans told her that it suits her at an HS event, and she did things like mentioning fan letters in her blog. Just so much potential...

17. SERIZAWAAAA

SERIZAWAAAA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    To me, if mayuyu is the orthodox idol, she could very well be a "People's Idol"

• Like Like x 1
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The only thing that could stop her from being a "people's idol" is how long-winded she is. Her current blog post's title alone is eight lines long, lol. And she expresses herself in a somewhat complicated way. I'm being cautious about understanding everything she says. Overall, however, she calls the "Keyakizaka family" her "treasure" (including everyone from the members through staff to "Akimoto-sensei" and the fans). And she asks us to watch as she grows over the next year. So do not fear, she's not going anywhere. This is the photo from today's post.

mobuPuTH5.jpg

She praises Takahiro to the skies, calling him admirable and great and kind and big-hearted. She thanks him particularly for the opportunity to dance classical ballet again, as she does in that very special solo mentioned by Atreyu. (I was struck later by the ballet moves from Sasaki Kumi of Hiragana: with Aoi and Habu and the fast-learning Techi, this could become a regular part of the group's style, led by Shiori.)

She said she absorbed a lot from the lives, including the things she has to work on and her goals for 2017.

I remember in the training camp episode of KeyaKake, how flexible she was, sitting with her legs out before her on the floor and bending forward to the ground. I'm sure staff started wondering right from then how to use her ability. This is how.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  19. SERIZAWAAAA

SERIZAWAAAA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Do you think she talks more during the handshake events or the fans HAHAHAHA

That long-windedness of hers could be a bane or a boon depending on what she does with it. She talks. Alot. With quite eloquent speech, sometimes rivalling that of Sugai-sama. So if she uses it right, dang she'd be a force

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Satoshi got a really happy Xmas feeling in the concert and here is a gif

L.O.V.E
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017