Single [SINGLE] NMB48 4th [Nagiichi] 12/05/09

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by joooooooooe, Mar 12, 2012.

1. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

2. Chaos48

Chaos48 Kenkyuusei

[dm]xquxhx_nmb48-nagiichi-kayou-kyoku-2012-05-15_shortfilms[/dm]

3. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    so about nmb and akb challenging Arashi...

Kayou Kyoku ratings:
    04/24 *8.5% SMAP AKB48  
    05/01 *5.1% Perfume 指原莉乃 乃木坂46 (Sashihara/Nogizaka)
    05/08 *9.6% 芦田愛菜 板野友美 (Ashida Mana/Itano Tomomi)
    05/15 *5.9% SKE48 NMB48 木村カエラ  (Kaela Kimura)

Ouch.
    But look at Ashida Mana go!

4. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Did they decide Jo and Miru were too young to wear bikinis without coverups for this?

5. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i can see that being applied with Jo, but Miru's outfit is what she wore in the PV.

6. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

Hell yea Mana chan rocks! [rock]

but it's all good. im sure most of people watch it online HAHAH

7. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Most of general TV watchers are female. That's why JE idols and cute little kids can always draw ratings. :D

8. oddball

oddball Member

hmm well alot of them have got shorts/bikini skirts on thatthey did not in the pv so I assume it was mad a bit more 'modest' for this performance.....

9. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

why nana-chan always absent in nagiichi promotion?

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    she actually has some of the most work in the group, so it's understandable...

11. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Absolutely true.

Even before Nagi-ichi, NMB already gained the reputation of being the most "sensual" groups in Project48, by virtue of their sexy dancing in Junjo U-19 (not to say the eyebrow-raising lyrics about "iron panties") or Oh My God. Before this PV, there are aleady tons of gravure featuring the NMB girls and how common the word "breasts" came up in the dicussion among fans just show where their potentials are. The PV and the TV performance just seems to be a logical next step in that direction..... Fans in Japan already dubbed the PV as "oppai on parade", so....

12. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    ...WHAT!?!?!? [shock]

Well, this is surprising... I'm not sure how this would compare with the then-SDN48...

13. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Oh My God? Really?
    (I understand Yuttan's opinion but it's not THAT sensual.)

As for U-19, it's hot but the consensus among the members was that it was really cool-looking.
    While I understand this, I don't think their image is to be more risque in 48-land. Yamamoto Sayaka's pretty clever and she rolls with it, but overall it's really no better than Ponishushu or Ebikachuu, and with the flat-chested pre-pubescent Jou receiving a huge push I doubt that that's the angle they wanna go with.

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    The oppai part is basically just Sayanee, Nana and Milky. Though Sayanee mostly. Since she probably is the largest one of them all. Though, boobs aren't the most important thing when it comes to popularity. It helps, but it's not the critical factor.

Personally I'm more shocked by Fuu-chan's abs.

15. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Bikini PV, same as Ebikachu and Ponyshu, no more risque than those at all.

The only reason people talk about boobs is because of Sayaka and Acchan refers to her as Oppai-chan, and as the MJ skit showed, the girls themselves talk about them probably more than the fans do. Yeah they look big on a Japanese girl, but otherwise they are a fairly standard size, sorry to burst bubbles.

16. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    the boobs thing has been going around since nmb started, at least on 2ch. it was common for me to read something like
    i think it's been picking up steam because of acchan, because of akb to xx!, because of the "scandalous" picture from shiokichi, and now nagiichi and the kayou kyoku show.

yamamoto's pretty stacked but i noticed that most japanese girls tend not to wear stuff that shows off their figure, and they kinda just let their boobs sag anyway.

for the longest time i was trying to figure out if ueto aya was stacked or not. i'm not sure i found the answer yet.

and thus ends my morning discussion about boobs.

17. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

But if you combine it with the lyrics, then to the audience it can feel quite, well, sensual...
    Hmmm... I was just reflecting what I read from the Japanese fan forum, and the image I got is that definitely quite many got attracted to NMB because of their body visual. It is also mentioned that NMB girls appear more often in swimsuits on magazine gravure than AKB or SKE. And that was all before this single and its PV came out.... But I agree that the management may not be thinking in just one direction - Jo is one example (although it may have to do with trying to promote a center for team M) (btw, I definitely agree that Sayanee is very clever - she is a woman of a different league in my opinion)

Generally agree, though I also saw fans who declared "discovery" from the PV of the "nice oppai" of Ogasawara Mayu, Kondo Rina, Fukumoto Aina, or Yoshida Akaari. Interestingly, recently I read a debate among Japanese fans about how important oppai is to popularity and there are varied opinions -- but people generally agree that oppai helps attract attention but at the end it needs more than that to keep the attention and turns it into oshi. (One interesting observation is that whenever swimsuit gravure of NMB is out, the noise of NMB anti's seems to go down [hehe] )

Anyway, one thing that quite surprises me is to read that in fact in terms of proportion NMB has a lot more female fans than SKE or AKB. Fans who have gone to all the theaters or handshaking events confirmed that. Apparently this is simliar to Heavy Rotation PV or the sexy performance of K-Pop idol groups: Though they all get criticized by some as risque, in fact they pull in female fans who, as one female NMB fan confessed, also love looking at attractive women. ;)

18. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I've said that a lot, every time I went to the theatre there was a lot of females in the crowd. Much more than I was expecting there to be.

The thing with NMB is for the most part they are between 14-16 (apart from the main 4, being Sayaka, Mirukii, Nana and Ainyan.) So a lot of them are just beginning to 'pop' out as it were. Although if the Japanese fans are only just noticing now, they're a bit slow on the uptake.
    I wouldn't say they get more gravure than the other groups really, Sayaka and Mirukii seem to get quite a lot of gravure shoots but then so do lots of members of AKB. The rest of NMB only really get shoots around the time they have singles, so they've had some recently promoting this. They also have a different management structure to the other groups, which could play a part in the jobs they get.

19. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i dunno. getting blueballed is not my idea of sensual. :D
    hmm. i always thought this was more about yoshimoto's capital than anything. just my theory though.

this is pretty typical stuff though. this is the reason why nightclubs let girls in for free, because girls prefer clubs with high girl presence over high guy presence. [makeup]

anyway, i can't get really get behind the oppai thing mostly because they're all teenage girls which is just really awkward for me. strange that people would discover maachun though, everyone (on nmb) keeps making fun of her belly and how it might stick out more than her boobs.

yamamoto's pretty clever about it. she doesn't use them as a crutch but acknowledges it just slightly to where you know she knows got it, but could care less. or something like that. complete opposite of warukii who gives off that manipulative image. and nana always gives off a try-hard-->suberi image to me even when she does gravure, which is why i like her because i think it's funny.

anyway it WAS pretty obvious what they were going for with nagiichi, i'm just not sure it applies to the whole group and its history.

i also just noticed that they pulled the full-length video off of their official youtube channel. i don't really get why, but whatever.

20. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Well, not that they don't know about that, but they look at, say Jurina, and decide they should not hold their breath for that.. I would say that they see the girls in NMB and see they have the potential...

From you see it, how much of the NMB theater attendance is made up of female, including those who take the female slot? I have never been to AKB or SKE theater, but in HKT I counted around 10% (or a bit lower) for the performances I attended.

I remember going to Japan in Feb this year and there were quite a lot of NMB on magazines, and most of them are in swimsuits. So I tend to believe what those fans in forum said....

Agree. I did not really pay much attention to Sayanee first as her face is not my type, but the more I watch her the more amazed I find her. She is really versatile and quite knows when she needs to adopt certain mode or style. So she can be a leader or oneesan giving smart advice at one time, and then switch to a body sexy charming mode the next right away. While other teams have separate captain and center, she take both and seems to handle it pretty well. Sometimes I can't even help thinking she may be too good to be in NMB....