Single [SINGLE] SKE48 13th [Sanseii Kawaii] 13/11/20

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by pakaulaw, Sep 21, 2013.

1. peppito2000

peppito2000 Kenkyuusei

don't forget they save their money for the 34th single with Jurina like me [nod]

2. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I had such high hopes for this single [wonder] I really hope the second day sales are unusually high..

3. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

And the fact that it has Request Hour tickets... that's probably a large factor. I wonder if the sales numbers here are really reflective of that.

4. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Some fans claim that there are j-wotas boycotting the single for not including more ranked girls in senbatsu but I don't know how true that is :hehe:

5. banzaiwota

banzaiwota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Guys what ur you talking about nearly 350.000 is really high sales right!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
    So what number are you expected??? :XD: :XD: :XD:

@polar_star

What single are you meaning??Sansei or Janken single??? [wonder] [wonder]

6. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

that would be funny if getting #1 two weeks in a row was SKE48's new "thing" - I definitely wouldn't mind! I'm inclined to believe the slightly lower sales are largely in part to both the janken single being centered by jurina (SKE wota want to support her) and general burnout; we have to remember heart ereki came out not too long ago and while it's entirely possible that some SKE fans only buy SKE singles, i'm inclined to believe they buy both (as it's double the chance to get handshakes with your SKE oshi). when the 48 family pumps out as many releases as they do, something's gotta give and more often than not, it's sister group sales.

7. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I'm talking about Sansei lol. Anyways it's just a theory on tumblr, nothing serious. There can be multiple reasons why sales are lower than expected really.

I do think that having the same girl center two groups runs the business risk that fans will choose one over the other, especially with only three weeks difference between releases. Well it can't be helped.

8. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Doesn't it make sense that the Janken single is probably a factor? Jurina fans at least may be split financially.

9. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I think we should wait for the sales of the rest of the week. Jurina's fans indeed might want to support the 34th single more but the wotas of other girls have no reason to do that.

10. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Well, the Request Hour tickets are inside the janken single, the wotas might want to powervote some songs, similar to how Ookami to Pride ranked so highly in this year's RH.

11. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    2nd day sales are still #1 with 57.595

Hopefully they can manage to reach the 1st week sales of UI... [sweat]

But as a SKE48 fan, I would support by buying this single and not the janken one. As a SKE and not Jurina fan. Does anybody hear something about fans who will buy the janken single and not Sanseii Kawaii?

12. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Well, as a Jurina fan I will buy the Janken single, probably one of each type, but then again, I am a Jurina fan.

13. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Well I'm sure there are normally a lot of Jurina-focused fans who normally contribute to SKE sales. I think this is just what happens when sales are exaggerated by the same fans buying multiple copies. I doubt it shows an actual decrease in SKE's popularity. I think at best it says that sister group sales are more likely to be effected by timing & quality compared to AKB sales.

14. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Specially timing. Too close to the AKB48 releases. I bought this one as well (although it will take a while to get here because I ordered it along other singles being released this month). Hopefully with the points I'm given for my birthday I'll be able to buy the Janken without much problem.

15. kingmar

kingmar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This - it's sandwiched between two heavy hitting AKB singles, which will have a dampener on sales.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there's a delayed theatre edition shipment that gets the numbers up a bit over the next couple of days.
    I also can't remember what it was specifically about Choco that gave it such great selling longevity (even though Utsukushii was the one that stayed #1 for two weeks and won out on 1st day sales)

16. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Well Choco was the last single for the girls doing the mass grad. And Utsukushii had the RH tickets. Maybe they just needed to tie this in with a better incentive than the scratch cards.

17. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Today's performance on Music Japan

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HwugCtHvN4[/yt]

But before that, let's enjoy the battle of WMatsui :XD:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMW6loOtxp4[/yt]

18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    300K is very high already lol.
    good number especially after wota powervote jurina and rena into kami7 or shibata aya into top UG. it would have been muuuuuuch lower ifvoting code is not included inthheatre ed though.

19. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    2nd day: 57,595
    3rd day: 10,938

Total: 418,368

Going strong girls. But too bad, this may not reach 500k though. But still great numbers!

20. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

4th day: 11,022
    total: 429,390

These are great sales numbers by any standards, but of course any decline is disappointing. But what worries me is that it looks like they're heading for their lowest first-week sales since 2011. That kind of decline is just not something happening in the 48 family right now and I'm worried about how that will reflect on the group. :(

It's such a good single, too, I really think it deserves better!