Suto Ririka (Riripon) / Draft 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by mav48, Mar 19, 2014.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Do you remember that Riripon voting machine? I wonder if they are using it to print out wedding invitations XD

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Apparently people aren't taking my admonishments seriously. That's fine.

We will now beginning banning people who can't behave.

Don't say we didn't warn you. Stay on topic, stop making the threads about yourselves. and stop bashing one another. It's very simple. If you feel someone's posts are in violation of the rules and/or spirit of the forum, then report it, or PM the mods.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    She said that she considers herself as a human being, not an idol. That's why she does something that carries her to a marriage while being an idol, oh well.. But this seems off topic. I wonder will she get any B-sides (other than team song ofc) in this single or not. Poor Team N, the shuffle haven't been a year but unfortunately the aces are gone. I can see they'll push Ayaka as Team N center.

4. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

So far girls who got caught used to either post an apologize or just announce a sudden graduation. Maybe she wanted to change it, making people discussing idols and relationships and 'forcing' management to come up with a position on it.

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This sounds too ideal for the "martyr" narrative. But sure. :)

It's gunna be memed and parodied for years to come. Not to mention Top 10 SSK speeches rankings >__>

6. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    This is in my top 10 of speeches now for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Madscientist

Madscientist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Manakuru
    It's up to her whatever she wants to do, dating getting married or have a s*x, because i realize idol is a human too who needs all of that things, but why she have to announce her marriage on her ssk speech ?? she can keep silent about her marriage until the ssk event end, announce her graduation(or maybe her marriage) on theater or SR, then graduate, and live happily with her lover.

she makes a big event like ssk looks like a class reunion.

the scandal is not the problem, for example, i still love naanya until now.

8. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Did Ririka actually do management a big favor?
    If she hadn't made her marriage announcement, the big story would not have been Mayuyu's graduation or Shasshi going Golden State level dominance over the competition for her threepeat, it would've been 10,000 fans showing up in Okinawa and getting screwed by management's poor planning which would've dovetailed with the story about low TV ratings.
    That narrative has been flipped on it's head by Ririka and the poor planning by management and low TV ratings are coming in behind Ririka, Mayuyu's grad and the Sasshi State Warrior as a story.

9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    There was a poll run during a tv program, but google translate isn't really helping as I am not sure which votes are for and which against her announcement. The vote was pretty much all on one side: 70,718 to 12,473.

テレビリモコンを使った投票では「ステージ上で結婚宣言はあり、なし」肯定が12473票、否定が70718票と否定が大きく上回った。

http://www.hochi.co.jp/entertainment/20170620-OHT1T50016.html

10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    so a definite majority were against her making the announcement? Even tho I'm not fluent, I would like more context on this...and what a weird thing to poll too lol. Ririka is making a name for herself...she needs to sign a book deal/variety deal and get the hell out of NMB lol. Actually I guess she can't even do that cause of the clause right?

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Correct. There is a 2 year non-compete clause.

12. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    ^2year clause only if she leaves Yoshimoto.

I think Yoshimoto will hold her. Move her from the idol subsidie to the main talento/comedian wing.
    Her time in 48 is over but if they play this smart, they can cash in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Yes, this. One of Yoshimoto's biggest stars was involved in one of the biggest adultery scandals in recent history AFTER he had the wedding of the century that the Japanese public ate up. He ran off to Osaka for a few months to do a midnight show with his former buddies from his earlier years and a new up and coming idol group. TRANSLATION: Yoshimoto doesn't care and the public at large cares even less. What's important now is that she is FAMOUS and Yoshimoto must love that. The next step is to find out if she actually wants to continue being a talento or is she serious about just getting married and disappearing.

=====

Also, I know the core members of the Riripon fans. For people expecting big tantrums from the heavy hitters, you don't really understand how this works. The core fans will stay because they are too far gone, they have dedicated their life to supporting her. If the stories of the tweet tantrums are even true (I think most of those are fake btw) then those are the lighter fans who probably didn't even contribute that much to her 20th place finish. I will say that they do have the right to complain though. You or I who have never voted or bought a handshake ticket for her doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is by far the most discussed AKB-related news of the past years. in a time when the public barely cares to even talk about AKB, and when the members struggle to get known by the general public (from this year's elections only Sasshi and Mayuyu are well known from the public), Riripon manage to get famous in just a day, people can't stop talking about her and the announcement. it's being discussed by fans, non-fans, general public, everyone! I'm sure that Yoshimoto won't let her go (if she does leave then it's because she wants to retire but somehow I don't see her doing this).

The ratings for AKB elections this year were tragic, more than ever, take a look here. it keep going down every year and this year especially has the biggest drop. This proves that no one bothers to talk about AKB anymore. so it's quite an achievement to see AKB all over the medias thanks to Riripon's announcement.

I bet Aki-P and management are happy about that LOL.

Probably the public now will recognize Riripon's face and name. She might even become the most recognizable face of the group after Yukirin/Mayuyu/Sasshi are gone. what if she doesn't get married and stay? I can imagine her ranking up next year tbh XD

For information her announcement is already getting parody and celebrities making references to Riripon's "damn" shirt or even wearing it and posting her photo along with it. it's amazing the impact this announcement has. and as they say there's no bad publicity so this is all just making Riripon very very popular.

Also btw the tweets related to this issue (like the SKY-HI tweet or Yuko's apology) are getting such a huge amount of retweets & likes. like 50k-60k. it's huge.

15. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

No time for that. Bunshun released Suto stuff just after SSK and far before her SR, or even Theater. Now even with Tano stuff to keep the shock of news.

Just to keep the chronology in-check for everyone to digest.

Edit:
    So the conversion of Riripon voting gears into wed-invitation gears is true?:rofl:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Well, not surprisingly, Riripon is already in Showtitle, the branch office where Kishino and Ripopo (also Nana) are also signed up to.
    Here the two-years clause doesn't seem to apply, which is the reason the two members I mentioned are free to work as band vocalist and theater comedian respectively, right after graduation.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  17. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    That was a troll tweet but I'm sure if they let them, some of her fans would definitely contribute to a wedding fund.

18. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Do they do wedding gift registries in Japan?

19. Tenada

Tenada Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Actually all NMB members have been transferred by Yoshimoto to their Showtitle branch. Since Showtitle is part of Yoshimoto, that's why the 2year clause doesn't apply to graduated members who remain in Showtitle (i.e. they are effectively still part of Yoshimoto). For Rikanyan, her new band is actually signed under Showtitle as well, so I guess that's why she could start working right after graduation. If members choose not to remain signed with showtitle after graduation, the 2 year clause would presumably also apply to them then.

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    No, its usually just a set amount you're expected to give if you're invited to the wedding.