The 2021 Stage48 Member Ranking Results (All ranks revealed!)

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by Kuura, Jan 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    09. Kotera Mari (+4)
    11. Suzuki Yuka (+4)
    16. Akiyoshi Yuka (+2)

01. Nishigata Marina (-5)
    02. Kato Minami (-4)
    03. Ogino Yuka (-3)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    2017 - May
    2018 - June
    2019 - March
    2020 - April/May

How was the date decided for this year's ranking?
    Not only it happened at the end of the year we had 2 rankings the same year, this doesn't make any sense, i still want to vote, this is completely monocratic, arbitrary and unfair.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    First of all, there are no “rules”, so it’s not “unfair”. And of course it’s arbitrary, the date is clearly arbitrary every year considering that all of the previous years you listed took place in different months.

It makes no sense to have a poll summarizing the year take place half way through the next year. This time, it really focuses on what the members did in 2021, and won’t be clouded with the activities they did the following year, which is usually what happens. That always impacted my rankings at least.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I never said there was a rule, but there were never 2 rankings in the same year and there was never a ranking at the end of the year either, it makes absolutely no sense.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tk-Tonkla

Tk-Tonkla Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    09. 237. (249) [2|0] [AKB] Shimizu Maria {+5,0}, 5 (+4) - good with variety and cooking. I'm glad she's doing well with stage plays, though I still didn't watch her SR or Bacchikoi as much as I'd like to :fp: maybe this year I can :^^;:
    12. 276. (328) [1|0] [STU] Shimizu Sara {+3,0}, 3 (+3) - did well in singing competition, recently looks cuter. hope this year she's more popular.
    13. 276. (180) [1|0] [HKT] Sakamoto Erena {+3,0}, 3 (+3) - I really like her singing ('Asu e no Tobira' she sang on singing competition was so good :approve:), glad she finally got selected for HKT senbatsu again.
    17. 206. (192) [2|0] [STU] Mineyoshi Arisa {+7,0}, 7 (+2) - except SR, I didn't follow her much. Still cute as always!
    18. 276. (286) [2|0] [SKE] Hirano Momona {+3,0}, 3 (+1) - very energetic girl. Her SR are very interesting, stuff like boxing or suikawari are fun to watch [hehe] expect to see more from her this year.
    19. 321. (---) [1|0] [NGT] Nara Miharu {+1,0}, 1 (+1) - recently watched her SR, though I still didn't know much about her, she seems nice and interesting and she's from Aomori! (need to find SO to replace Yokochan in my list, maybe member who're from the same prefecture might work![hehe]) hope this year I'll have a chance to watch her SR more.
    20. 321. (---) [1|0] [STU] Kojima Aiko {+1,0}, 1 (+1) - same as Miharu, I recently learned more about her from SR (before this, I only know she's good at singing:^^;:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Well all the other ranking dates before this didn't really make sense.

And as what was pointed out, the announcement was posted for about a month. Anyone who regularly uses the forum would have seen it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    Origins of this ranking are in Senbatsu Sousenkyo which were held originally in June every year and Stage48 ranking was some kind of poll for international fandom, but since we have Sakamichi groups and more international groups and Senbatsu Sousenkyo is no longer held(hope that it'll come back) and also when we're including into it members who have not participated in Sousenkyo for so long even when it was held (for example Yukirin), then there is no reason to keep this event in June. It's better to have this event in the end of year/beginning of new year, when our memories about past months are fresh.

Soooo... That's probably why this ranking has been moved to this period of year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

The poll earlier this year (reflecting 2020) happened just very late into 2021. that is all. no point in any debate whatsoever.

/edit:

The stage48 member ranking were always about what we thought about members the past year, which is why they have traditionally been held at the beginning of a year, with "beginning of a year" being individually defined depending how the host felt like :).
    these rankings had nothing to do with sousenkyou. For sousenkyou, we had a different annual event, called exit poll. Exit polls have obviously been discontinued :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The thread was created 13 DEC, the voting period 15 to 31 DEC, 16 days for the busiest month of the year when it comes to celebrations/travelling/meetings etc.
    How could i know that i would lose my right to vote because the date would be changed arbitrarily between 3 and 6 months? Is it really necessary that i have to visit the forum every 15 days? Can I not wait for an event or a single release?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I get why it sucks but I would think being an active member of a forum more or less means you visit at least once a week. And that's actually a bit of a stretch for the word 'active'.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The others not making sense doesn't mean this one's timing does make any. Under no circumstances should this ranking have started before New Year's Day. And it did so without any kind of warning whatsoever. Not only are the Holidays way too busy to expect people to check in regularly, but the year we are supposed to be judging members based on hadn't even concluded yet. The best timing for this poll would be mid-to-late January or early February.

Don't be ridiculous.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina

Well.. what is an 'active member' then?

• Like Like x 2
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I have no interest in adjudicating what an "active member" means. But given the forum's current level of activity it certainly doesn't mean checking in once a week at all times of the year.

As to whether this timing was bad or not.

edit: I am not suggesting the poll's results should be invalidated or redone. Just don't screw it up like this again next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Can anyone please explain in an ELI5 manner why the 'massive' downvotes for Nishigata Marina?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Oh I missed the first day of results, so here's mine to date:

15. 237. (180) [3|0] [SKE] Nojima Kano {+5,0}, 5
    19. 321. (---) [1|0] [STU] Rissen Momoka {+1,0}, 1
    20. 321. (270) [1|0] [HKT] Ueno Haruka {+1,0}, 1

I was so happy to discover Nojima Kano after her singing competition victory, so I was quite intrigued when she announced grad/transfer from SKE to a new vocal-focused group. I haven't loved their releases so far, but she seems to be doing well (I've enjoyed her promo work) and is looking great. I'm still excited about what she'll put out next.

Rissen Momoka was on my radar after centering the STU double A-side and was on my shortlist last year. I think she's both adorable and skilled; she's my favorite 2nd gen and definitely draws my attention in every performance. I think she's certain to be a star in STU.

I didn't watch much HKT in 2021, but Ueno Haruka never disappointed, and she definitely brings the most pink to my SNS feeds. She almost might have slipped off my list this year, but I guess her grad announcement made me bump her up over the other HKT members.

It was really hard to choose just 20 this year, so I'll make a couple notes on some other notable appearances as I scan down the list:
    - I'm surprised Shinshin didn't pull more votes. I appreciate the heavy fishing though :^^;: . She seems (and was in meguri) nice, but I really don't know much about her and I find the NMB fandom a bit impenetrable so I guess I'll just wait and see.
    - Just as last year I came close to ranking Okada Rina again but she didn't quite make it. I had several great meguri with her in 2021 though, both genki and tsundere at different times. Curious if a change of teams will give her an opportunity to grow more.
    - Although I reasonably liked both of SKE's singles this year and Nao is still my SKE oshi, I guess I haven't felt that fired up about her or the group, and maybe Jurina's grad concert events were the only SKE content I watched aside from MVs. Still surprised to see her with so few votes.
    - Tada Kyoka is so delightful, I was honestly sad how little of her I've had time to see in the last year (and told her as much). Could still have a big comeback for me this year. Also my favorite Showroom streamer.
    - Bibian might be my HKT oshi? Honestly being torn between several HKT members has probably caused them all to fall out of my top 20 this year, but I also really only see them on SNS.

• Like Like x 3
  16. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I see

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I host the H!P fan vote every year and we always do it at the end of the year or start of the new year. It just makes sense. I was surprised to see this one come so soon after years of different dates, but having a fan vote that reflects the whole year take place at the very end of that year or very start of the next year just makes sense. And as other users have said, if you haven't been active in a forum for over a month, you aren't an active user, just a casual user, and that's perfectly okay! I missed out on the last years one too, but it's nothing to be outraged about. It obviously sucks for you if you weren't online throughout the month to take part, but maybe instead of complaining like it's actual political ballot, just await for the next one which should be (look at you mods) at the end/start of 2022/2023 as well, or at the very least, be consistent in the dates.

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Don't come crying to me when @kira7x turns to the Dark Side. Just sayin'...

A smiley that is worth a thousand words.

"Hot" wouldn't be the exact word I would use.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

No matter where you put it, somebody won't be ok with it.
    Mid Dec to 31st .. BlaBla the year wasn't finished, so much could have happend
    Jan 1st to mid Jan .. BlaBla the year has already started, now people will consider things which doesn't belong to the last year

This is S48-SSK, and not the official 48-SSK (read something like that before:fear: @wlerin ), so it's up to the organizer when to start and when to end it plus setting the rules. I'm not ok with "some" either, but in terms of timing I think this is the best.
    You don't have to submit your list right away, and even if, you can still send a corrected one till 31st. If an idol fcks up, people here won't forget easy (see NGT), but this applies not only for bad things, but good as well. So if something happens and you forget or are unable to correct, that's unfortune, but u can still consider it for the next voting. The most important thing I wish for is consistency. Don't start the next one on Dec. 1st or Jan. 10th, and then lasting for 24 days. If it stays the way it now is, everybody can adapt to it.
    Btw I don't think you have to post a lot, if at all, but imo checking the forum once in one or at least two weeks is a given to be called "active".

I hope that @Kuura , as the organizer, will speak up to this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    I missed the first day so here are my votes for both days

12. 258. (156) [2|0] [SKE] Ego Yuna {+4,0}, 4: She did amazing as one of the centres of change your world and her solo is great. She grew up to an amazing idol.
    13. 276. (249) [1|0] [SKE] Takahata Yuki {+3,0}, 3: My pearl-girl. She is gorgeous and talented. I’m very happy she was in the Senbatsu of both singles this year.
    14. 258. (180) [2|0] [BNK] Warattaya Deesomlert {+4,0}, 4: She is still my favourite BNK48 member. Her videos on the official channel were all entertaining

18. 237. (270) [2|0] [AKB] Otake Hitomi {+5,0}, 5: I got interested in her due to the AKBingo Neo episode she appeared in. She was very charming and very stylish.
    19. 227. (234) [3|0] [SKE] Sato Kaho {+6,0}, 6: She is charming and intelligent. She is one of the reasons I haven’t lost interest in SKE48 singles yet.
    20. 321. (---) [1|0] [SKE] Nishii Mio {+1,0}, 1
    : She was the first SKE48 10th Generation member that caught my attention.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.