The CONFESSION Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by yic17, Feb 4, 2012.

1. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Why not? I had a dream last night that I was Batman. :banana:

2. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I once had a dream about Sayanee, she was the leader of a Stargate Team and she didn't die by the end of the dream.

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    No so we can get a room for all the dreamer posts...

4. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    No one is talking about deleting or locking the thread XD

I'm just saying these dream posts sounds more like fan fiction so I'm thinking maybe they should all go into one thread and this is the confession thread for confessing something...

Just my suggestion

5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Seconded...

Why post anything, if you ask others you have zero control over, not to read them? That's like grafitti'ing the inside of a shopping mall, then demanding everyone look at the floor when shopping...

I don't mind dream posts in general... but if we're going pedantic here, they belong in the Post Dump thread. And as I like to lead by example, I'll practice as I preach.

Moving on...

--

I had an amazing sex dream last night... :awesome::XD:

Just kidding. I confess I've been premature in my elevation of Hinatan into my Sacred echelon, and have demoted her to Root For... a lesson for getting my impression of her from one form of media, I suppose. Don't dislike her either, make no mistake... but at the same time can't call her Sacred in my oshi'd idols either.

It's a weird tradeoff... I can't attend the akushuukai, can't visit the theatre, don't read Joyou kanji fluently yet... just don't have the time to devote as hardcore fans do (I don't live just for myself only anymore, as a {middling-to- :^^;:} good husband, after all). So my input comes from S48 and a couple other forums, Tumblrs, and other blogs. I can come to a conclusion after all data gathered is appropriate to make a decision on who my selection is... which by then, they might've already had a scandal, had their last handshake, a baby and a pro-wrestling career by then. :^^;: So I tend to concatenate -> make a semi-informed decision -> post it... which the last step definitely has to be editable based on the most current info. :yikes:

6. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

I'm distraught about Kuroiwa Yui graduating. I've been waiting 5 years to find an AKB oshi that resonates with me the way she does, and not only did I barely get to see her in action but just like that shes gone. The thing about Yuimo is shes an old soul, very soothing/chill, and aesthetically what I like to see (which is apparently code name unappealing to japanese wota.) I have one oshi left in all of idols. One. I love idols and dont want to ever let go, but it seems they dont love me.
    Somebody throw me a bone.

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    rikka-takanashi-43640.jpg
    You may say I have chuunibyou but I think I can feel the Force.
    The Force is real. You just can't feel It.
    282.jpg

8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    All you gotta do is try to look harder, there are like 4xx girls in the group waiting for you to oshi.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    When I see some people want to have handshake with Yuiyui, I think that in Indonesia, many people want to be civil servants. Man those're not interesting to me.......

10. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i'm not sure who my nr1 oshi is
    komiharu or tanochan lol :(

11. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

I'll try. The thing is, my mind usually chooses an oshi in a few minutes. Its like imprinting.

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Missing from AKB48's 50th single:

1. Tomu: From her I learned that a girl can be a college student & a very busy idol. She graduated last March with excellent GPA. Why she's not senbatsu? Is it true that management dislike her?
    2. Sayaya: Ambassador of Hokkaido that should keep being senbatsu. If she shouldn't, then better to make a new 48 group in Hokkaido which she'll be the captain. Well, I think AKB48 Group better to make a group in Hokkaido than in a strait.
    3. Seichan: Yeah, a lot of people want her to be senbatsu.
    4. Megu: Her hardwork should be rewarded. I hope she'll ever be a senbatsu at least once.

I'd be 32nin senbatsu like Kibouteki, Bokutachiwa, Tsubasa, & Shoot Sign.

13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    We don't need jobs, what we need actually are money & anything to so we won't be bored for having nothing to do…

Maybe small population but Hokkaido is one of Japan's most important tourism destinations. If there's a 48 group there, the audiences aren't only native residents but also tourists, both domestic & foreign ones. If only Aki-P/AKS consider it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  14. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

1. Tomu: she declared sabbatical from idoling duties before SSK17, to pursue goals that allow her to grow... but would be eligible for SSK18. This is why her jobs have been rarer (which were already rare as mgmt were busy with other pushes)
    2. Hokkaido: AKS is wise for considering kaigai markets like the Philippines and Taiwan before Hokkaido. Why?
      a) if your market is mostly tourists, a minor incident (the exchange rate going sour) or a major one (Kim Jong Loon launching a missile that strikes Hokkaido
      or Aomori) will destroy tourism, hence the investment the company outlaid for the theatre and all costs associated with it
      b) even the Filipino market would gain more income than the meager amount that can be earned from a Sapporo theatre -- which is where it'd have to be built to be where the people are (pricey real estate) -- but for now, resources went from that & Taiwan, to STU's boat, where they know they'd get a pretty-much-guaranteed profit (and no real estate investment -- smart, huh?). So I wouldn't hold my breath for an SPR48 anytime soon...

3. Seichan seems to be the only one of the three on an obviously upward trend -- the other two have stalled -- fans better rally to get them jobs before SSK18...

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Then, fuck north korea. Why there're almost no rebellions there? Kim jong un is Palpatine, I hope there'll be Luke Skywalker there.

16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Fair warning: in-depth discussion having little to do with confessions, everything to do with ending a tangent from them. :rolleyes:

My post inferred the irrationality of Kim and the notorious unreliability of his missile tech... both of which are without refute. Your defense of Kim states that he targets major cities = doesn't affect tourism for a particular city over which he's lobbed missiles. I find your logic questionable -- and your intent for defending a known despot, indefensible.

QED. Your defense of Kim would have me believe he wouldn't be coerced into using his ICBMs to strike at the targets the world community knows he can hit -- of course he would, and there would be no other entity to blame if he gave the order to launch -- it'd be his decision. Your position is like an adult blaming a child for their beating them -- despite what the conditions are, if you make the decision and decision leads to action, you are to blame. Period, end of transmission.

You forget in this passionate retort, that the PRC doesn't want to invade land targets -- it wants the South China Sea for control of shipping. This doesn't require any land engagement, which would bring a diminishing return and definitely sanctions from the US -- esp under 'Tromp'. So why would the PRC affect businesses investing in Filipino or Taiwanese markets? It wouldn't -- just as it doesn't do in Macau or Shenzhen / Guangdong, which would have even more reason for the PRC to lord over them. There is zero equivalency between PRC and DPRK leadership, nor their intent to use force -- and the PRC knows it, thank dog.

Hokkaido, in contrast, is a major tourism hub with many -- many -- transient PRC and South Korean citizens, many of which could decide to make an itinerary based on the fact a 48G theatre exists there, in addition to catching the usual Hakodate, Sapporo, and coastal attractions. In peak months the population grows easily 25% if not more with tourist traffic. All right -- so say Kim decides to use a missile as a phallic projection of himself again, and launches over the Tsugaru Strait... but like many of his missiles, it experiences a guidance failure, and falls short, landing in the water within sight to the newly-built Hokkaido shinkansen line, under the Strait. First, the Japanese gov't and JR would close all access across the Strait -- of course ships, and yes the shinkansen line, with which it shares a common rail for a small distance with shipping cars, so all Hokkaido-bound rail goods would cease... but also all air traffic. If it hit on land -- esp if it results in property damage or lives... then that entire region would be shut down pending JSDF curfews and evacs. No missiles being lobbed over Taiwan or Filipino targets at all. Still think it's better to invest hundreds of millions of yen in a brick/mortar theatre there?

Until the DPRK has its toys taken away and Kim and his top aides taken before a UN tribunal... SPR48 is a dud. Over and out.

17. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Well, from various animes I watched, seems Japanese stereotypicially see Hokkaido is an island with never ending winter like it's inside arctic circle. Actually Hokkaido isn't even as north as Germany & Netherlands tho. But indeed, Hokkaido tourism is about winter and its main markets are tropical countries such as Indonesia & Thailand. JKT48 is PR of Hokkaido tourism & seems BNK48 will be hired soon.

18. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

I confess I wish to continue talking about Hokkaido, but not the tangent that led to it. ;)

I'm from Hokkaido (道産子 dosanko)... but have been a JA nearly all my life. I don't have much contact with my dad's side in Kyushu but do on maternal side on the opposite end of the country. All but once I've visited Hokkaido in the summer... and their summers are amazing. In fact, Hokkaido is incredibly generously-sized for Japan -- roads, doors, buildings, and rooms are all a bit bigger, just because the pop density is pretty low, even in 2017. And while you can't find the variety of ura businesses you would in the major cities like Osaka... it's still pretty rough in places and you can easily find yakuza influence if you look. It's for all intents and purposes... very home-y, just the right amount of country (tons if you live in East Hokkaido), with easy access to modern tech and luxuries of city life, both good and bad...

I lived in Germany 3 yrs as a soldier, and yes, Hokkaido climate is pretty much the same, esp in the interior. But in Hakodate (which is where I'd live if I for some reason won the lottery and could afford a summer apt there)... it barely gets down to freezing -- climate is more like Seattle, wet with days when it freezes, but mostly just constant drizzle hovering over freezing during the winter. I can handle that -- living in Chitose, where it gets to 11 degF overnight in Jan... not so much. In the North, around Wakkanai... forget it. Had enough of -15 degF winters in Germany for a whole lifetime, thanks. :^^;: Hakodate also has a rich history of Western influence... which intrigues me -- I had a nice impression of it while vacationing there last year. It feels very much like the city welcomes foreigners while keeping its identity as 'Hakodate', not necessarily 'Japan'. Who knows... maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket sometime. [hehe]

But the best reason to visit Hokkaido... is the seafood, and the dairy, bar none. Both are unbelievably amazing AND affordable. The hot food traditions like red miso ramen (赤味噌拉麺 akamiso ramen), Genghis Khan (ジンギスカン grilled mutton), and charcoal-grilled ears of corn (とう黍 toukibi, though in the rest of Japan it's said 玉蜀黍 toumorokoshi), are also guaranteed memories. There's a patisserie tradition based on the dairy there that's so good, you could visit just for that reason. But stay away from the tourist traps, and get local advice for the best stuff... as in any country, any city. :approve:

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I have preference members from Kagoshima, Yamaguchi, Kyoto, Niigata, Saitama, Kanagawa and Tokyo. If I see any girls from these areas then it's automatic bonus points from me lol.

20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Cool -- 3 of my 4 'sacred' members come from within 75 mi (121 km) of each other...

Just looked at my list members vs. map of Japan... most of them are in 2 x 200 mi (322 km) circles... one over Kyushu/Setouchi, the other over Kanto/south Tohoku... with the rest scattered Chubu and Kansai. Oddly, none of them are from where I was born -- Hokkaido. :^^;:

My confession is: not at all bothered by that. Not like I grew up there, after all... :whistle:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017