The SNH48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by sikanwan, Apr 21, 2012.

1. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    Announced today during AKB48's visit to Shanghai.
    The third overseas sister group of AKB48 will be based in Shanghai.

http://5x.2211.com/web_v1/news_04.html

Name of the group comes from the Japanese name of Shanghai: シャンハイ (Sha n hai).
    SNH48 would recruit members in China in August and form the first team before 8 Dec this year, the 7th anniversary of AKB48.

2. Ehee

Ehee Kenkyuusei

Re: [NEW GROUP] SNH48 (Shanghai, China)

crossposting from akb48 thread, a little more info

some info about SNH((シャンハイ )Sha N Hai)48? on the website, more details to follow
    will update post when more info avail

translation of main points in the news articles as follow
    Star48 Asia Holding Ltd <-- joint venture created between AKS and NINESTYLE(subsidiary of 9you) for AKi-p china invasion
    SNH48 <-- Nationwide auditions planned to begin early august via Net/Tv/Mags, Team"S" planned to be formed before AKB 7th anniv
    China invasion <-- As this will be an unknown step into china entertainment industry/idol market they will start with AKB birthplace, Akihabara -the holy land of ACG. Plans to start with various deals/endorsement in the ACG(Anime,Comics,Games)genre.

3. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

Another group!!?
    That was expected, considering about the amount there are..
    Not sure if I'm meant to be happy or what....

I think the group after SNH48 would be in Korea :D

4. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

Here we go~~

5. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik

^
    ^ That would be an open call for war, with really tough propaganda from both sides... :hehe:

Edit: back to SNH, it doesn't bother me as JKT does not, too. Just another bunch of nice/pretty/talented girls getting their chance, and I have to choose which ones to support. Seeing others is nice, but I won't go after them seriously ("There is their PV on tracker? go check it." "Many people say there is PV? IGNORE.").

6. Ehee

Ehee Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a new oversea group starting their own national tour on akb anniv.. this will be interesting
    fancam[youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzg0ODQyOTE2.html[/youku]

7. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

will they have like:
    Team S II
    Team N II
    Team H II

or because they are outside of Japan there will be no "II" addition. The same question apply to JKT48.

8. Kurisu97

Kurisu97 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu

That's it Aki-P!! Take over Asia!! AKB48 will be internationally famous!! [clap]

9. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Curse my luck being Chinese but not living in China... lol

But I'm amazed they are launching this so close to the time they are launching TPE.

All the letters are already used, it's kinda funny. Ske Nmb Hkt already have the letters... XD So if they make proper teams then I guess they'll all have a number like KII does? XD (Oh but thank god there's no K - there's too many already if you add HKT and JKT... XD

I kinda wonder if they're ever going to STOP making sister groups. Nothing against them of course but it's just that there are so many. @.@ LOL

10. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

Sorry but i have to say, Aki-P you have made a really really really bad decision
    And you have to take the risks. Hope you are prepared for them.

1) no boyfriend/relationship rule definitely won't work
    2) you are going to get some really interesting members who probably won't put a lot of efforts in whatever they are doing
    3) I hope Aki-P select the members. Otherwise, it's gonna be a talent show. And the winner usually has strong background
    4) no!!! Why Hunan TV.
    5) there are no female (idol) groups in China, and you never wondered why?
    6) lyrics in Chinese? XD Good luck.

and the rant continues...

P.S. Overall, from my chinese point of view, this is just such such such a bad idea :fp:

[EDIT] The most important thing. I don't know who is going to be in charged of group (I hope it's Aki-P), but to future SNH48 members, please! Do not sleep with your boss. Please!

11. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Another AKB sister group... not that surprised :fp:

Why can't Aki-p just focus currently on the main groups esp. AKB48 itself? The group itself is too big currently so just adding another one will just increase the growing pain issues.

Focus on Team 4 and a probably Team 8, if management wants to expand!
    Focus on getting a candidate for AKB's new center position...
    Focus on what to do when other girls from AKB's core group decides to graduate after Acchan...

Now isn't the time to expand as the home groups' problems need to be addressed first.

Anyway...
    Good luck to the girls in China. Hope they know what they'll be getting themselves into.

Being Chinese myself, I can't imagine the new group singing the lyrics in Chinese (most likely Mandarin since it's in Shanghai, even though there's also a big fan base in HK). Maybe Aki-p will create a sub-division to include members from Southern China which includes HK so it will include Cantonese... HK048 [hehe]

12. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

the taiwan group tpe48 hasn't started yet why aki-p wanna start another chinese group shn48 , is it another case of conflicts of interest as both groups would vie the mandarin speaking market in asia ???

13. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Whoo! Another group for me to not care about.

Don't mean that offensively; there are just too many spin-offs from AKB proper.

I'll look at SKE every now and then... aside from NMB's 3 front girls and their ROUND1 commercials, I won't really pay attention to them. I'd rather watch the other Fukuoka idols than HKT... no Jakarta... no Taipei and no Shanghai.

With the addition of "Team 4" to AKB and them now having 62 full-fledged members, I'll never be able to name everyone.

An AKB-based idol group would never fly in ROK... they'd spit on anything Japanese related gaining too much popularity there.

14. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

AHH NO MOREE PLEASEE :hmm:

please, before they get started with other overseas sister group, fix the 1st one's management first. :hmm:

15. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

I am ok to see some overseas sister groups, if there's aki-p's plan to conquer Asia, or even the world.

But is it far too quick?
    JKT is still so new and they haven't got an original song yet.
    The audition of TPE has even not yet started.
    And now SNH?

Did he create SKE, NMB, HKT in such a quick manner!?

And for creating an idol group in China, there's a really great doubt on whether it can success.
    First of all, idolling, or even the entertaining industry is not something very welcomed by the government. They often impose controls on it.
    Also, given the frequent tension between China and Japan, there must be some people who don't like to see a group originated from a Japanese group. But for those people who like Japanese culture or music, very often they don't support local groups.

I think SNH is more like a by-product from the partnership with the local promotion company of AKB48. So this is part of the deal for allowing AKB48's promotion in China. That's what I think.

Anyway, I think there are many cute and talented girls in China who are as good as those in AKB48.
    So it could still be a good group in the 48 family.

What's wrong with lyrics in Chinese?

16. smile__x

smile__x Kenkyuusei

oh my gaga you're from vancouver?? i'm from vancouver! the majority of people in van is like 90% chinese eh?? haha :blush:

okay sorry, went a bit off topic there...

but anyways, can you explain that last bit you wrote in there?

17. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

I think Aki-P is making up for the loss of SDN48 with this new group. That's how I see it anyway................

Anyways, this is getting to be ridiculous though. There's already enough 48 groups as it is. Does Aki-P want to stress himself out even more with all this!?

18. Whassup

Whassup Kenkyuusei

Fret not, they have already made Chinese versions (with totally senseless lyrics) of AKB songs, this is Ue Kara Mariko (Chinese Version) :awesome:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5UXYfFFIIc[/yt]
    Being a Chinese person, with my extensive knowledge of the Chinese culture I can tell you that this would most probably be a flopping failure.
    There are 3 things that can get you any and everything for you: power, money, and relations. Since membership of the group involves auditioning, you can bet that a lot of dirty trade will be done under the tables unless the girls are screened by the Japanese AKS themselves. One thing that worsens the situation is the one child policy in China. I am willing to bet that a lot of parents of spoiled girls will be putting a lot of money and pulling a lot of strings to make sure their daughters get to enter the group.
    Now if the group does get created, I'd be seriously in doubt of the feasibility of the group. Chinese people are not as hardworking as the japanese, and Chinese people prioritise education at this stage of life much more than Japanese people. (If I'm not mistaken I think the general mentality of the Japanese people regarding high school girls is that you can still get married and have a good life even if you flop high school.)
    The Chinese society is also much more competitive compared to the Japanese, so we would probably see a lot Conflicts between members. (the top 2 won't be as lovey dovey as yuko and acchan)

So in conclusion, this is probably the bluntest decision Aki-p has ever made, unless he does magically what he does to every bad decision he made and make it good.

19. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I feel like he avoided Korea and Hong Kong because it would almost definitely add ANOTHER Team K-something to the 48 family... XD Too many K's in almost all the groups!! XD

20. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Mmm .. I think some of you might want to try to see these non-Japanese sister groups from a different perspective. Instead of seeing them as another sister group that you should follow or care about ... think about what it means for the people in those countries where these sister groups exist.

I think Aki-P is creating them for a good reason. I didn't really feel it until I took some time to think about what it means to have TPE48 exist here in Taiwan. And I thought about how with TPE48, I will be able to go to live performances, stage shows, handshake events, meet and support the girls of TPE48 in person. Yeah .. they're not AKB48 .. but they're still a sister group created by the same producer and they will act as an alternative to AKB48. Personally, I don't care much for JKT48 and probably won't care a lot for SNH48 either. But TPE48 is a different story because they will be here locally and will truly be idols I can meet. This is pretty exciting imo.

So yeah, I can understand how if the sister group is not in your country locally, then it might feel like a pointless idea or even a waste of time & resource. So really .. I don't think anyone needs to concern about these sister groups much unless they're local to you. And if they are local to you, you might feel very differently about them.

Another important point is this ... if these non-Japanese sister groups succeed ... it will mean AKB48 (the concept) taking over multiple music industries in different countries all over again - just with a different name and a different set of girls. And I think that is obviously what Aki-P is aiming for. Think from the perspective of a local fan or the perspective of business ... this idea may just start to make some sense. :)