Tokusatsu!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by IndigoSkies, Oct 13, 2010.

1. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

Soooo I couldn't help but notice that there are some other tokusatsu fans here, so I figured, why not start a thread? :D Hopefully it won't die right away or something. And hopefully I'm doing this right.

Personally I watch mostly Kamen Rider and sentai. Not so much Ultraman or anything else, though I loved Ultraman Mebius <3 (mostly because the characters were great, I didn't like the fighting/transformed stuff)
    My favorite KR series are Faiz, Den-O, and Double. I've seen all the Heisei shows but Kuuga and Agito. As for sentai, Gekiranger is like my favorite show EVER, I'm a huge fan of Araki Hirofumi who played Rio :inlove: (he's in Batsu Game with Harugon and Ayarin if you've seen the making-of or promos for that!) Seen everything from Dekaranger up through now, and I'm partway through Abaranger, Hurricaneger, Megaranger, and Dairanger (waiting on more subs...)

I'm hoping for an AKB girl in the 2011 sentai series |DDD Queen and Elizabeth was awesome but they didn't appear enough! I haven't seen the special video with Reinyan yet. Have there been any other AKB girls in toku? Actually, apparently Yuuko was in an episode of Megaranger WAY back in 1997 [shock] But it's late in the series and the subs I'm watching haven't gotten there so I haven't gotten a chance to check it out...

2. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Oh you! :inlove:

I still haven't had the chance to check out the KRs older than Kabuto (which is my favourite btw), so I was planning on checking them out soon (especially Faiz). Following OOO currently, hopefully the story develops into something deeper, though it looks promising right now.

For Super Sentai, I've only managed to watch Mahouranger and Shinkenger (which I still have to finish). I'm looking forward to checking out the new one (Gekiranger?) when I have time too.

Tokusatsu is the best >=)

3. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

yeahhhhh my three huge fandoms are AKB, toku, and PoT. Bad combination financially because they're all designed to get as much money from you as possible, but |DDDD

For some reason Kabuto took me a while to get into. Probably because I had just watched Kiva and Den-O, both of which had a lot more outright humor and stupidity. Which isn't a bad thing because I love both of them but Kabuto was more serious XD But once Daisuke showed up I was totally hooked. Katou Kazuki = love, even if his busy schedule caused Daisuke to totally fail at being, you know, in the plot :D
    I'm still kind of testing out OOO. It'll be hard to beat Double, but I am liking it so far. Even though I never liked Miura Ryousuke, he's totally pretty with that hair |DDDD *partly in this fandom for the eyecandy*

Shinkenger got really good near the end! Even if it had a ton of filler in the middle. The current one, Goseiger (Gekiranger was 2007), is...not nearly as good. I think it's cute and fun to watch, but serious episodes and plot are pretty bad. I wouldn't go so far as to say avoid it, but...

4. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

^Ah I see. Which super sentai would you recommend then? I guess Geki?

Double was great. I didn't really like Philip and uh (WOW I FORGOT HER NAME ALREADY), but I kind of managed to tank through it after all. I enjoyed the plot very much for it. But when uh SPOILERS Nazca died (why can't I remember their names? T_T) that was extremely sad. I loved that guy and I was hoping he would of been the second KR in the show.

5. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

Depends what you're looking for, I think. Dekaranger is overall considered to be really good, I think it's pretty popular. Gekiranger has a really good serious plot, but there's a good amount of silliness mixed in, especially early on. Go-Onger is ridiculously silly, there wasn't a good plot in that one either but I think it works more than in Goseiger...?

Akiko? I didn't like Akiko at all XDDD Philip was my favorite though.
    I think pretty much everyone thought that. He was definitely turning into a good guy, I thought it was really bad when he was killed off D: Typical case of Redemption Equals Death though, I guess I should have seen it coming but I didn't want it to happen at all T_____T
    I like it better when a previously introduced character becomes the second Rider, as opposed to someone just coming in and being like HEY GUYS I'M A RIDER TOO 8D. Hopefully we'll get that in OOO since there are already some candidates in the main cast. Kabuto had both kinds, that was good!

6. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    If there was Kamen Rider Decade (D-D-D-DECADE!)、then im just itching to see Kamen Rider Century or Kamen Rider Millenium [hehe]

7. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

any toku with AKB girls is made of win... i put up a link to the Hyper Battle video in Fujie Reina's thread, though no subs is out for it yet... I'm still beating myself up for not wearing my Shotaro cosplay during the red carpet at Anime Expo this year, Tomochin would've (maybe) noticed it... oh well :(

8. moyism

moyism Kenkyuusei

kind of funny, AKB indirectly got me into tokusatsu series (mostly Kamen Rider). Really I blame the Tomos since they were characters on Kamen Rider W, which ended up being the 1st full series I watched. After that, it was a downhill battle working backwards (pretty sure I marathoned Kamen Rider Decade and Kabuto in one sitting) XD

Not too big on the ranger type series, however, guess cause it seems more campy to me? That or I can't handle some of the plot lines after years of watching the butchered american versions (which I'll admit, had their own charm) back in the day.

9. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

When they first announced the Tomomis on Double, I was really hoping it'd get some AKB fans into toku. Looks like it worked [hehe]
    My record for marathoning a toku series is two full days (Magiranger) I could probably do Decade in a day since it's shorter than most series, but I watched it weekly. I have been meaning to rewatch it with subs though, since I watch current series raw...

Sentai is a lot more campy. It's way more formulaic, and of course the brightly colored spandex and huge mechas and everything....I felt totally silly watching it at first, but you get used to it after a bit, I think XD Some series are better than others in terms of plot and everything.
    I haven't seen much Power Rangers actually, just SPD. Someday I'll get around to it :D Looking forward to the 2011 adaptation of Shinkenger, at least!

10. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

well it's backwards with me, I started with tokusatsu, then when double aired and i saw Queen, i did my research and found AKB48 that way lol

11. moyism

moyism Kenkyuusei

true true but I guess I can only tolerate so much campy-ness LOL I guess when it comes down to it, when I tried to watch some sentai (the last two most recent, the samurai and angel one... too lazy to look up the names), I couldn't really like any character or whatnot. And well, the plot couldn't keep me either [sleep]

... at least some of the mechas and weapons they had were kinda cool :)

12. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

^^ That's a good jump too :D

^ Yeah XD Sometimes it's just too much. Shinkenger (samurai) was pretty good I thought, but as I said up there ^ I wouldn't really recommend Goseiger (angels). That one's like SUPER campy because it's all silly character-based stuff. I liked the Shinkenger plot though.
    Mechas start off cool, then they keep adding crap on them to sell more toys and it goes way overboard. I kinda got sick of the mecha battles a while ago, I don't usually pay attention to them anymore XD;

13. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

In Sentai, the characters are A LOT more developed. At least that's how it seemed like in both Majiranger and Shinkenger. ShinkenRed was absolutely fantastic later on in the story after he develops and many of the other side chars were likable as well. In terms of character, I find Sentai is much more balanced, whereas KR usually has one or two awesome characters and then some massively annoying characters. Of course there are exceptions (Kabuto), but that's what I found from most of the ones I've watched.

14. Des-LAW

Des-LAW Kenkyuusei

*In angry voice* Kamen Rider BLACK!

15. miruss87

miruss87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Rabutan 4eva ~
    Kamen Rider Kabuto 4 eva [rock]

16. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

i love faiz cause his henshin is awesome and attack is cool :) but humour i pick kiva, never boring to watch it :D and now is kamen rider 000, i bit worried watch it [sealed]

17. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

OOO is shaping up to be an awesome heisei rider show, though after Double, which is probably one of the best heiisei rider shows, it'll be a tough act to follow on...

18. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

If this fit in this category...

When I was a kid, I watched this one:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/宇宙からのメッセージ・銀河大戦

(Copy and paste)

[blush] [blush] [blush] [blush] [blush]

19. kenchanayoh

kenchanayoh Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    im not a regular viewer but i do love all the toys that come out

collecting the 12 inch vinyls of kamen riders!

20. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I have 5 more episodes of Kamen Rider W.

I am on episode 3 of OOO

For Samurai Sentai I watched up to episode 30 and the first movie

Episode 21 for Goseiger~

W got me into AKB! And it is ONE of the MANY reasons why I love Tomochin☆ミ