Why won't you like my oshi!?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by aakun, Feb 21, 2011.

1. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I can't believe that someone doesn't worship Sayanee :eek: Sorry, not judging, just seriously astonished. She's hilarious, has great leadership qualities, has even told off the NMB staff a couple of times for not doing their job right, and her response to that NMB KKS who resigned in a bitter way was SUPER IMPRESSIVE. The girl gives a lot of thought to everything she does and takes her job super seriously, I can obviously appreciate that.

And then, she's more talented than the average 48G member, she can sing and play guitar, but what makes her stand out even in a group of polished performers as NMB is her stage presence, which I feel is unrivaled in the group. The girl can definitely OWN a stage.

Also, she has an amazing sense of humor, which is unexpected for someone so stern haha. I like how honest she is about her shortcomings and doubts, she seems like one of the most transparent 48G members, which is why I love her.

And about Mirukii, well, I started being annoyed at the preferential treatment she was given after her scandal, and also butthurt because the whole story made people turn against Nana, who is my NMB oshi, instead of placing the blame where it belonged. I was mad at her super push when she just got back, because while I understand now that she worked very hard for it, back then I just followed NMB casually and thought it was unfair considering how other girls who do less serious things get a harsher treatment. And then I started really following NMB, and I was completely charmed by her. The first thing I noticed was that Milky is a fantastic performer, she's always super excited to be on stage, and definitely uses all the limelight she gets to her best advantage. Her whole fishing deal is hilarious to me, but in a way, Milky is such a perfectly textbook idol, and she seems to be a genuinely nice girl who just wants to have fun with everyone. Reading what Umechan said about what Milky brought to Team B with her bubbly personality and friendly behavior with all the girls just made me love her, because that's a great treat for anyone who works in a group, you know.

And now I'm head over heels for Milky, her whole "fishing" schtick is something she's well aware of, and makes fun of, especially in Geinin. It's simply her idol persona, but her real bubbly, friendly self is awesome too. I don't think she's calculating, she's a bit too ditsy for that I'd say :hehe: and I love her for it.

2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Whoa killers. I never said I thought Milky was calculating or looking to score boys or whatever. It is just she has mannerisms that remind me of a certain someone from my past. I don't hate Milky or equate her to my ex in any shape or form. Just when she starts "fishing" I cringe a little inside. Yes, it keeps me from loving her as an Idol, but she has more than enough support from fans, and I am happy that she does. And to tell the truth. I am Team B oshi and I am always a little saddened when Milky is not performing with the team. On stage she is great, I just can't watch her in some things off stage.

And I agree that Sayanee is just pure AWESOME sauce, especially when performing on stage. [rock] [rock] [rock]

3. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Is Mirukii calculating? The answer is... yes and no.

Make no mistake, the ever-present smile on her face is done on purpose. Obviously, she's still a human being and subject to more emotions than just happiness, she just chooses to cover all that up with a smile. The only time I remember her being out of control was during Aina's last radio show with her. During interviews and talk segments, whenever she doesn't know what to say, forgets a line, or makes a mistake, she just responds with a silly smile and suddenly no one can be mad at her. Yeah, it's super unfair and I can see how some people might be frustrated with that :^^;: .

The origin of the ever-present smile goes back a long way. There is a story of a child Miyuki going grocery shopping with her mom. She approached a stranger oba-chan (old lady) and asked for some sweets, and because of her bright smile, the oba-chan actually bought some for her :fp: . So yeah, she figured out her way of life pretty early on, and has lived that way ever since. This is why you can't really say she's calculating... it's really the only thing she knows, and the world is a better place because of it.

4. 3Liger2000

3Liger2000 Kenkyuusei

i dont hate sayanee but it seems nothing has changes since she enter nmb, well except being popular.

48group that i knew back then was bunch of talentless girls working together so they could grow-up everyday n reaching their dream together.

all talent that sayanee has done until right now, already she aquired long before she join nmb, its like mitsumune kaoru, whats the point!?
    with that talent she should already join some agency n success, instead playing around in 48G.

5. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    ^That's pretty much how I feel about her as well :/
    I've not seen much change in her traits over the year other than being a more reliable leader. To me, she's more like a 'stale idol', like most of the Kami7. They're already there, and should make way for the rest by leaving and going solo...

6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I don't have any oshi....

I like certain members more than others... but there are some members that I wouldn't care if they left.

I know this is gonna sound weird.. considering AKB48 is an idol group. but my least fav member is Mayuyu.She's just wayy too cute.. your typical Japanese idol esp that pouting/duck face thingy she does everytime she's on screen and her personality (based on her interviews/TV shows/interactions with other members/reporters) is just blah.

I have almost the same issue with Sashi... but She's growing on me. i also dislike her Pouting thing that she constantly does but i like the way she answers to criticisms... I think she's beautiful...but she should do try more "sexy-grown up" look like yuko than "cutesy" type.

7. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Goodness... this discussion has been going on for awhile now as there's over 80 pages in this thread and going.

Basically, the simple answers (in the form of questions) are:
    1. Why don't you like My oshi instead of me liking your oshi?
    2. Why do I have to like your oshi?

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes so let's just all get along.

I'm MD so I like many members. :XD:
    But I do like certain members more than others, many of whom are no longer with AKB48 and some are leaving soon or have left recently. :cry:

There as so many members to choose from that's it's difficult to choose just one so I root for all members, though I root particularly for the Underdogs (girls who aren't shown more in public appearances). While I like to think that everyone deserves a chance to shine, that's definitely Not the case in real life.

Let's all support all the members, regardless of "personal" preference, which it really comes down to it. [clap]

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^ Great attitude [clap] , but not everyone has an MD mindset.
    Anyway even if answers can be simplified, sometimes want to hear the full reason where it is that the member strikes the nerves.

9. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ Haha, I used to think I was MD. It took me awhile before I realized I was just a DD with oshimen. :hehe:

10. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Can I do this backwards and ask why I should like Kikuchi Ayaka. She seems really popular for her tier. She ranked two years in a row and is still treated as undervalued. People expected her to do better and she's talked about a lot. Does anyone know why? From here, she just seems to have unspectacular looks and personality.

I don't want to hate her so I'm wondering if someone will rise to challenge me. I also don't want to post this on her thread because that would be like bullying.

11. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Yeah, it's basically the fact that Ayarin was the original Team B ace alongside Mayu, and initially a lot more popular than Yukirin. Then she messed up with the no dating rule and got kicked out of the group but her fans rallied and made a petition for her to come back. She auditioned again and worked really hard from the bottom of the group, so much that she was even reaccepted in Watarirouka Hashiritai, although you can see in the Gyuu CDS bonus material (I think it was Gyuu, not sure) an interview with Mayu, Haruka, Aika and Nacchan where Aika was really mad that Ayarin was going to come back to the group because she felt that she didn't deserve it and said that to her. Ayarin just apologized and said that she would do her best.

I'm bringing up this particular anecdote because unlike recent stories of "redemption" like Sasshi and Miichan, Ayarin really had all the odds stacked against her and she never regained her position as senbatsu or ace, but worked super hard even despite of not being pushed at all when she was re accepted at first.

I've also heard the stories about her beauty IRL, she must not be too photogenic (I don't mean she looks bad in pictures, just that maybe she looks even better IRL, I wouldn't know because I don't know her though), because I hear people are very very impressed with her when they see her in person.

12. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I've met Ayarin once when she came to Singapore. And she is really gorgeous, like really pretty!
    I'm a girl but I could totally swoon over her.

If only she didn't messed with the rule or mess with the rule only in this few year!

-----------edited

I saw this photo on twitter.
    I'm wondering what are you guys' opinion on it?? [hehe] [hehe]
    [​IMG]

13. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    With the Nishino-Okada-Kojima being pushed like crazy, it kinda sucks that I don't really find them special. They cover a lot of bases, cheery Nishino, cutesy Kojima, and "cool" Okada, but I don't feel the extra ooomph from them! They need to be a little bit more dorky and break from their image sometimes, that's why I prefer Mogi and Moe more :D I think Moe fits the "cool" idol bill much better than Okada does, to me Okada looks like she forces / exaggerates her expressions. Kojima is just... too typical of an idol. You can put anybody in her place and I won't notice.

[devil]

14. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    ^ Did you watched their Pajama Drive Stage?
    If you did, then I don't really have anything to say....

15. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    I'm honestly quite put off by the over enthusiasm Nishino has during her dances :^^;: Kojima, I'm quite happy with her performances, Okada, I like her only for her voice, but Nishino... :^^;:
    I have to say though, Moe is by far a better idol (in AKB) IMO. She looked more wonderful in the Pajama Drive stage than the 3 of them put together :/

16. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Kojimako is a more typical idol compared to her fellow trio musketeers and her dance style sort of reminds me Acchan in a sense. She's rather haraguro like Yukirin, though, if you want personality aspect there. :awesome:

As for Miki and Nana........ well, if you don't like (over) powerful dance you'll probably dislike them two, haha.

Nana, however, is being raised to become the next songstress of AKB if you ever watch how they describe her on Ariyoshi AKB and she does have the quality to be one, only needs to be polished a little bit more. Expression-wise, yes she can be a bit overboard there :hehe:

Talking about Miki... I think what makes people like her is indeed her energetic, vigorous performance. At least that's where I like her haha. :^^;:

Moe... huh? She has improved her singing a lot haha. Dance-wise, she was the 1st 13th gen I could recognize because of the RIVER performance at SSA concert where she stood out the most. :lol:

Mogi has her own perk for being not so idolish, ofc, but not everyone's cup of tea.

17. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    You're absolutely right about Miki. It's exactly the reason why I love her. I really like the hyper energy that Miki radiates in performances but I guess people have different tastes. Oh, and her G+ posts are very cute and you can totally see her cheerful, innocent side in her posts :inlove: :inlove:
    As for Nana, my only complaint is that this girl is thin, really thin. I don't want her to end up like Kaoru, so I hope she will eat more to always stay healthy :)

18. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Yes, I've watched their stages.

Interesting, didn't know they're banking Nana to be one of the powerful singers. I'm going to watch for that.

Ya, Nishino's dance and her big movements can be very distracting if you take the performance as a whole, but that's just my opinion, I can see how people prefer her style.

I would like to see Mogi-Moe-Saho more. I hope they'll get a bump in exposure with Shin Team 4!

19. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

This is an interesting perspective. I really like Sayanee (she's my favourite in NMB), but I agree with what you've said. She came into the group already very polished, talented, and experienced as a performer, and she hasn't really changed a lot since then. But, I think this helped NMB in the early stages, because they came out as a professional group right from the get-go, never going through an awkward stage. (Not just Sayanee, but the whole group is very cool and polished - that's just their vibe.) Out of all the debuts of 48G, their's was the most solid, which set them apart from everyone else. They are really unlike the original AKB concept, which I don't think is a problem since AKB itself is now so different from that concept too. It makes sense for someone like Sayanee to be a founding member, but then to eventually move on to a solo career or to be in another group (she could totally be in a rock group or something).

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I agree with you on Bokura no Eureka. I was very happy with the story PV and I wish the dance PV didn't happen or was normal. These girls, most certainly not just Sayanee but all of NMB are being promoted that way. I can understand why she sticks out, though. She is a centre-captain duo, the most famous member and quite... well endowed. But looking all the way back to Zetsumetsu it has almost always been that way. That dance, even if the costumes weren't too revealing, way the sexiest I've seen of a 48 single up to that point.

Despite finding it extremely sexy, it's not what I want from my idols.