Won a reservation, seeing the show!

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

if you're sending mails by phone then there's totally no problem. i was afraid that you were sending from email services such as yahoo.de or something like that which could possibly affect the japanese characters you were typing and end up as garbage when they reach the servers. in any case, looks like everything you're doing is correct.

additional tips to make your email a lot clearer:
    1. try not to include special characters when you write your name. for example, i don't use 、(enye) when writing my name, and instead just use the letter n.
    2. don't write your name in katakana. write them in romaji.
    3. delete all footers/signatures from your mails.

i guess that's all the advice i could give you. i got your pm and i'll contact you again by tomorrow or wednesday for the renban email on saturday. based from experience i have never won an email reservation for a stage that has just started. if you fear my badluck (i won't blame you, i promise), then i would suggest that we let go of the renban thing and send ippan mails. hehe.

2. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

I think this should be included in the explanation thread. I'm sure it will be of use for some. Number 2 is interesting. I always put my name in romaji but sometimes add brackets with the katakana reading. If you think this will be a problem, I'll stop doing that, however, I did win before when I did that.
    Another point that I thought about when I read this:
    Do you think it will be a problem if people just write everything romanized (including the subject line)? Some people might only have limited knowledge of Japanese and for them, even copy&paste could become difficult or maybe impossible once they have to go to a net cafe here. All the places I went to so far only had a japanese OS.
    Writing in romaji, if ok, would also be safer for people who don't know whether their mail service would cause garbage characters or not.

Well, going by my win record it should be me who's saying that. But then again, maybe our combined bad luck turns into something good...

3. hijirigaoka

hijirigaoka Kenkyuusei

just think of it this way. if you're down... then you have no where else to go but up. im sure you both will get tickets on saturday. i don't care really about team k. i just want to get the chance to say byebye to cindy before it is too late (i still have no idea when i'll be going back to my home country). i don't want to make the same mistake again.

4. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    I haven't won any ticket yet, but I sent my enpou email on Sunday and just sent my FC email. Female and ippanteki go tomorrow.

*crosses fingers*

5. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Good luck w/ that.

6. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^
    ^ good luck babe! Don't forget to see Team A ;)

7. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Ange -- if you want there are BLT sales this week from 12:00 noon daily. I forget what day you are arriving here, but its going on until Friday the 13th. They are the Pattern B pics.

Right now, the schedule is posted up until Sunday the 15th, which on that day, the theater is closed. This coming Wednesday the 11th, there are NO absences from Team A. I have a bad feeling that there is going to be Team A's Senshuraku for A4 around the 18th-20th.

If that is correct, the theater will also be closed on the 16th and 17th (Mon. and Tues.)

8. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Beside Acchan where i can protect her 24/7
    ^ Saw it at the end of 0ji59fun just now that Akimoto-san mention that there will be Team A B & K in Nagoya starting from 15/6. So possibly the theater is close due to that.

This is just what i heard but i am not to sure whether it's true or not.

9. Ange

Ange Member

Tatami, I'll arrive on Thursday 12. On Friday 13 I'll go to the theater whether I win a ticket or not. Thanx for telling about the BLT *prepares cash* Kasai will be free this Friday so maybe many people will cancel or won't send emails and I'll have more chances to get a ticket.

I also read today that the theater would be closed on Sunday.

If they close on the 16th and 17th.... That's bad... Less opportunities for Sayaka. Grrr.

And if they go to Nagoya, I'll kill myself. I tell ya.

10. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

@ange: try to reserve a show for saturday also, team B. three of the front girls will be absent (mayuyu, yukirin, ayarin) so your chances of winning a ticket is really high. hehe.

i will also be at the theater on saturday, ticket or no ticket. see you there incase you decide to hang-out or if you win a ticket. :D

and oh, chiru's concert on sunday. anybody else going?

11. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Sorry! I apologize, I made a mistake.

The 15th, Sunday, Teams A, K, and B are going to Nagoya to perform at the Sakae performance hall (or whatever the name is)

Not Team A Senshuraku.

I'll be at the theater Friday as well Ange. Then Saturday night from 6pm, but not for concerts.

12. Ange

Ange Member

I didn't get any reply for my enpou email =(

13. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Don't worry. There's still time. Just wait a little while longer :)

14. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

don't give up. keep sending :D

15. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Keep going. For Sayaka.

16. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

So using yahoo service is no good?
    Asking, since I use yahoo.dk and I'll be trying to win tickets next month (or actually in the end of this one) so it'll be good to know, if using yahoo.dk can make my chances of winning smaller.
    Any recomendations of a better e-mail service provider I could sign up with then? while I try out in the lottery thing.

17. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

i'm not saying that yahoo service is no good. it's just that when i did use yahoo before, i never won a show. here are my reasons why i said there might be problems:

1. using yahoo, unless you actually paid for it, inserts footers in your emails. as far as i know, the server doesn't like footers.
    2. and in yahoo, i have not a found a way to control the character encoding of the mail you are sending.

it's just that there is a small probability that when you use a mail service of another country, the encoding is automatically set to fit your language. how this affects your mail is that you might be able to see all the japanese text upon typing your email, but upon sending it, will end up as garbled, non-readable text on the recipient. like for example, if you use yahoo.com, there is a very small possibility that you email will be sent with western encoding and end up as a series of squares and triangles instead of the japanese text you actually typed.

now ofcourse i don't have any concrete evidence of mails ending up as garbage when sent from a specific email service, but the least i could do is share what i am using to you guys:

i am using a gmail.com account, with a user name that contains no periods, underscores, or any other symbols. so instead of youko_kurama@gmail.com, i actually opened something like youkokurama@gmail.com. that address doesn't exist btw. i chose gmail because it doesn't insert footers in your email, and you can control the encoding. then i changed the settings of my gmail account so that all emails i send are in UTF-8 encoding, the safest one i could think of. just go to settings and select UTF8 encoding on outgoing mails:

[​IMG]

with this setup, i have so far won around 12 shows. some of them might actually be renban, but i'm too lazy to check right now :D.

now technically speaking, i did not need to set it to UTF8 encoding since i am using a japanese OS, and my net service provider is in japan, and i think gmail automatically adjusts to those preferences. but hey, i wanted to be sure. so far the setup has worked for me. :)

i believe tatami is using hotmail and has won far more shows than i have. hijirigaoka is also using gmail, and his username has symbols in it, and has also been winning shows. maybe those(pan, cdevil, lamenth, caine, shumatsu, delerium, muizu, trainspotting, insanelampshade, chibi, etc) who have reserved a show and won could also share what email service they are using, and if they have tweaked some of the settings.

hope this helps. in any case, not winning does not automatically mean 100% that you are doing something wrong, but getting a cancel macchi or winning a show means 100% what you are doing is right. :D. keep trying. right now i am dying to see ANY show. i might even be absent this coming tuesday if i win the kenkyuusei performance show :D

18. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I use hotmail for FC emails
    I use gmail for ippan emails

I don't know, but I have good luck with winning shows. That, or the staff members know I only send emails when Miichan performs, so they let me win :)

19. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

^ LOL tats. That's funny xD

20. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You know, I've been seriously wondering this for some time now: Is there some sort of unspoken yet understood priority given to certain fans for certain circumstances? Like a fan's favorite girl performing on that day? Or the person being some sort of super fan who's been visiting for a very long time? Or whatever else?

(Did my question make sense? I hope it wasn't asked already... :confused: )