1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD Yossha ~Ikuzo~! in Seibu DOME (2011/12/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 6, 2011.

1. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

Yes its almost the same, also if you buy something else you get a 100+- yen discount. The thing that made me buy from HMV it was that they gave me x10 with the promotion. Now they only give x1, so if I were you I would go with amazon instead.

2. NeverHome

NeverHome Kenkyuusei

Bought the DVD set and hundreds other AKB stuff from CDJapan and it is finally in the country. But when I saw this message:
    Under quarentine, reason: Estimating for extra charges.
    :fp:

It's like 150 dollars in taxes.

3. oddball

oddball Member

What alot of us overseas fear on these transactions!!! :^^;:

4. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    ^ No need to fear, customs managed to charge me 30 euro for this item alone :fp:

No buying from Amazon Japan anymore for me! :angry:

(at least not this year [hehe] )

5. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I also bought the no sleeves CD (takamina), ue kara mariko (a) and cheer up box with this set... so it will be around 30-40 dollars of taxes :( well... hope I have luck ...

EDIT: they uploaded a video of the concert :
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCGn69e86s[/yt]

6. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

DHL dropped off my copy earlier today, but finally stopped being lazy and made my way down to the receptionist desk to pick it up :D

EMS usually gets here quicker, but can't complain at all considering I got it on release day. I wouldn't mind ordering from amazon again, as long as the price is right. Too bad it has to be a separate account from my stateside amazon prime account...

7. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Well, my online tracker says DHL have held mine in customs. I already know its going to be a lot - we are charged 20% here in the UK. What's also very annoying is that I'm still away from home for a few days and so cant pay the charges until I get back which means it'll be even longer till I can see it. Good to know Amazon are super quick though.

8. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Might be a bit late, but in total it was 15499 yen (13199 yen for DVD box set + 2300 yen shipping). I had Flower Limited Edition Act 2 in the same order but that didn't affect the shipping price.

For those comparing stores, I find that in general HMV is the best in terms of pricing, especially if you can take advantage of their frequent point campaigns, as long as whatever you're ordering isn't too heavy. So stuff like CDs, this is the most economical. Of course, it wasn't an option this time around since they refused to ship this overseas for some reason.

CDJapan is best when you're ordering books or anything else similarly heavy. Their FedEx option is surprisingly cheap for something so heavy, and gets from Japan to California in a single day. If you had ordered books from HMV, your shipping will probably be twice as expensive as your books, so never order books from HMV.

Amazon Japan is only good when they offer a significant discount, usually on something expensive like this box set where they had the cheapest price anywhere, or when you order A LOT of stuff. Amazon's shipping is expensive, but the more you order the less it increases, like a curve that reaches a limit.

On topic, I only managed to watch the first DVD so far, but the concert is great! I loved the Majisuka intro with Nezumi walking across the stage all by herself in her signature way of balancing herself. Only complaint is that all the songs from the album Koko ni Ita Koto are weak, except the main Shoujotachi Yo. As such, watching them being performed isn't very exciting, since the songs aren't even good in the first place.

9. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

This is why I order from Yesasia but with Yesasia there is the chance of your things going missing! I've had countless games I order from there disappear without trace (F1, PS3 Duelshock, GT5 Signiture Edition :cry:)!! [boom]

Seriously, UK's personal import allowences is stuck in the past...but what can I say..it's like most of the things here [wonder]

10. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I ordered 4 things along the set with the cheer up box (considered as a book) and I was charged 4700 yen for shipping (also the limited edition of no sleeves that includes a poster). So I think it was a good price along the discount that is similar to amazon's one. :)

On topic: I can't wait for it to arrive!

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The concerts are wonderful. A worthy addition to the collection.
    Just one thing: You hear close to no audience during the performances. It's way too quiet and just sounds unnatural, almost like listening to the studio recordings. At the end of each song and during MCs the volume is normal though.
    I really love the Yokohama arena DVD sound mix. You can hear everyone do the mix and cheer the girls' names. That's kind of missing in this one.

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Mine arrived today via Amazon (along with Moshidora LE) There was no taxes or duty charged. However the box looked like it was run over by a steamroller. (Was that my package on that YT vid of delivery guys abusing packages?) But that was DHLs fault, not Amazon. Or maybe that was the work of customs? Dunno...

And I hate the pics I got! Yuko, Miichan, Micha, Sakippe, Harugon.

13. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    There was a comment about the sound not being to good in the venue, and I would not be surprised that the echo of the songs would garble the whole thing, so they turned down the audience. At times you can hear them, and you can also hear that there is a delay between the first and last reactions.

That is the disadvantage of using such a big venue.
    I am curious if they manage to do Tokyo Dome next year, and what it will sound there...

14. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The audience only made noise during the single songs anyway... it was pathetic that I had to help lead the encore calls because most of them were all sitting around not making a peep... and this is the people in the floor seats, who are meant to be the most hardcore... grumble grumble casual fans grumble...

15. Zakarum

Zakarum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^
    Especially on Day 1 it was extreme, it seemed the audience attended a funeral. When they performed the single songs, the audience woke up, barely. The little peeks I saw of Day 2 and 3 it seemed a lot better.

It's kinda reasuring that AkiP also told them Day 1's performance was bad on the MakingOf DVD.

16. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Watched the first 2 days so far, will watch day 3 tomorrow.

At the end of the 2nd day, something happens with the KKS speaking and there is crying and stuff. Anyone able to tell me what was going on there please? :)

Thanks in advance :)

17. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I haven't seen Day 2 yet, but I know they did announce Oba Mina as new captain for Team 4 + Abe Maria and Iriyama Anna's promotion from KKS to Team 4.

18. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

^ Thanks, that makes sense now :) I thought that it might have been something like that but just wanted to confirm :)

19. Iwantneedloveyou

Iwantneedloveyou Kenkyuusei

Found this video:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcMViSFz0vU[/yt]

in the same channel are more videos from the 1st day

20. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Mine arrived while I was in Tokyo still - lol. Ordered from CDJapan - could have gone to Nihonbashi and picked it up, but oh well.

Acchan passholder, and then for pics it was a Minami overload. 2 x Miichan, Takamina, Shiorin, and Nakayan.

Sigh - so much stuff to watch now :^^;: