Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Can you wear gloves?

2. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    To be honest, I'm not really sure. I never saw anyone wearing gloves at the 2 handshake events I went to, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's against the rules. Maybe someone else can help you :)

3. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

I saw that they added a day in Osaka that is AKB handshake only (no special stage or sister groups). Is this common and how are those compared to the "normal" individual handshakes in Yokohama and Chiba?

4. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I haven't been attending HS events for very long so maybe somebody else can give you more info, but they didn't do that with the last single. With the previous one, they just had a normal HS event in Osaka, just like the ones in Yokohama/Chiba I believe. My guess is they didn't originally plan it at first but then they added it in order to improve sales as not all fans can attend HS events in Tokyo area. I guess other than the members being different (i.e. no sister groups and no special stages) I think it should work similar to a normal big handshake event.

5. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Sorry for double post, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where and when info regarding participating members, start of mini live, etc. for SKE's national handshakes is published? I assumed it would be on the 48g.jp website, however looking around it seems it wasn't published for the last few SKE national handshake events (or I'm looking at the wrong place somehow, but I really can't find it). Specifically, I'm looking for info on the event in Yokohama on March 18th. I know it's still a bit early and there's a good chance it wasn't released yet at all, but I'd like to at least know where to look for info when it's released :)

6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It should be on the news thread of SKE's official site. Right now it says that details will be posted later. And it also says that tickets for both of the last two singles can be used.

Personally, I am still waiting for them to officially announce the options for those of us who had Soda Sarina tickets last July. They basically said to hold on to the ticket, and they will make a decision on it later. LOL, it's going on 8 months now! In the past, SKE has done makeups for some of these situations at the National Event. So that's what I am hoping to hear.

7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Thank you, I will try checking that website too then. Hopefully more info will be announced soon :)

And your situation sounds really annoying :cold: That's why I'm glad you can oshi mashi tickets at AKB events at least, just had to do that today since a member (Uchiyama Mikoto) fell ill and I prefer to use it for another member that day than keep it for a later event. Hopefully your situation works out soon :flower:

8. Pokemon_Forever

Pokemon_Forever Kenkyuusei

Hi all,

I have the following questions. I am always curious what takes place during handshake events with the 1shot video shooting and 2shot selfie.

- For every 1 ticket we ballot, we get to take 1 selfie with them? What about the video shooting?
    - Do we get to talk to them and shake their hands after the 1shot/2shot?

Thanks in advance.

9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Pokemon_Forever

At the handshake event, your ticket gives you the chance to win those extra prizes. It isn’t automatic.

However, if you do win and get to do the video or selfie, you get a quick handshake afterwards. But it is very brief, since technically you used your time to do the photography.

10. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    The staff have an iPad with 4 buttons on the screen. For every ticket you have, you can try pressing the button once. Then, it will say if you win or lose. Exception: some slots which sold out very low number of tickets, are automatic win, meaning you don't need to play the game and you get the 1S/2S anyways. Also, if you use the ticket as oshi mashi, you can't play it at all, so no 1S/2S.

If the slot says 1S/2S, you can choose between the two if you win. I never won so far (apparently I have really bad luck with those things xD) but I saw people who win get to fill out a form - I guess to specify what they want (like if you choose the video, I think you can write your name and what you want the member to say for you, but maybe someone who actually won can tell you more about that). So it means 1S video OR 2s selfie, not both. If the slot says only 1S or only 2S, obviously you don't get the choice between the two.

You can shake their hands after the 1S/2S, but it seems that the time is shorter than if you don't win.

11. Pokemon_Forever

Pokemon_Forever Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the replies :)

12. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Did you managed to get an automatic win? I was at 2 events where there was practically less than 5 people (including me) in the queue and they still made me do that ipad thingy. I didn't win. haha.

What's oshi mashi?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  13. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

When you decide on the spot at the event to ditch your oshimen and use her ticket on some poor random member who looks like she's about to cry because she has zero fan in line the whole time.

14. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Wow. Didn't know one could do that? So you just approach the staff at the queue and say, "oshi mashi"?

If lets say I have a ticket for slot 1 but I couldn't make it in time due to traffic, am I able to use the ticket to oshi mashi for a later time slot?

Thanks.

15. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    No, all the lanes I went to so far were selling well enough that I still had to do the iPad game thingy. I suppose the number of sales would have to be extremely low for automatic win (I think it's actually mentioned on the Chara Ani website, but I'm too lazy to check, lol).

Yeah, you can use the ticket in any time slot on the same day (so it can be same time slot, earlier or later, as long as it's the same day), and for slots that are not sold out (or almost sold out). When you look at the list of lanes or the signs in front of the lanes, you can see some members have stars next to their name. In that case, it means you can use your ticket as oshi mashi in those lanes. Of course, if a member has, say, 4 slots in a day, it could be only some of those are available for oshi mashi, but not all, since it depends on the sales of that particular slot, so just check the list of lanes and times to be sure. And as far as I know, this applies for AKB and STU handshake events, but not all sister group events.

So yeah, you can use it if you miss your original slot due to traffic or long queue at other slots, if the member gets sick and has their slot cancelled, or if you simply change your mind about seeing the member and want to see some other member.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, you can't use tickets as oshi mashi during the first 30 minutes or the last 30 minutes of the slot. So you have to wait until 30 minutes in until you can use them.

16. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Thanks a million. What do I say to the staff-san if I want to use my ticket as oshi mashi?

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Technically, you don't really need to say anything. When they see that it isn't a ticket for that particular person, they will confirm that you want to use it as "oshi-mashi." I mean, you can say it as you hand it to them, but you don't have to.

Also, I have gone through lanes that were "automatic win" (Cuca, and once for Akiyoshi) They just hand you the winning form. Also, if you are going through a 2-shot/1-shot lane, you confirm at check-in which one you want to do.

18. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Thanks.

You are so lucky. I always wanted one of those prizes but I couldn't win one. hahas :)

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Also just to quickly add that if you want to you can oshi-mashi your ticket with the same girl in a different slot if she's not sold out and if that make things easier for you (I did that last year with Ryoha from SKE48, I met her in the slot following the one in which I had a ticket for her).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jurinachuu

Jurinachuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I hope someone can help me with this question. I don't know will I ever be that lucky that I can meet her let alone win that prize. :oops: Especially since my oshi is Jurina. But this still bothers me so I'll ask it here. And I'm sorry if this was already answered. Can someone kindly tell me where I can find the answer. :oops: If you win that signed card from a member, what happens after that? I mean apparently my name is somewhat difficult in Japan and it will be a problem. I was told I can use a nickname there in general. Like how people call me, but with this kind of thing I don't think it's possible. I don't know will I have a problem with the event tickets even. So I'm just wondering how it goes. Thank you if anyone understood what I mean and can help me :^^;: