[BLOG48] translators' thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by loveandcoffee, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I'm stopping my blog translations.

Sorry, it's something I was worried about when starting and it's definitively the case : translating is taking too much time. I'm ok but not fluent in both Japanese and English, and I'm maybe a bit slow at translating from one to the other, so the free time I had to follow AKB actuality is greatly reduced (sometimes almost entirely taken) by the translation time ...
    It's becoming more and more difficult for me to get me working on the translations (I'm already a week late on Mocchi's blog for example).

So it's better if I stop there : I will do a last round of translations this evening and then free these blogs for anyone else interested in translating them.

I was already amazed by the commitment and generosity of the various translators. I'm even more so now that I tried it myself. [clap]

The blogs :
    Kuramochi Asuka (team B)
    Nakatsuka Tomomi (team K)

2. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

I guess I'll cross post this here as well.

3. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

As much as it's going to kill me, I'll pick up Nana to fill in for you. If the chance ever arises that you want it again, just tell me <3

Do you mind if I just use your Nana LJ Icon? So it stays consistent, and cause I don't want to make a new one :X

4. Hana

Hana Kenkyuusei

Ooops, that reminds me that I should update Nonti & Sayanee's blogs. D:

5. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

I'm sorry to hear that claudia ;A;.
    As I said in the Sayaka thread.. I can take over the Sayaka translations for now. Even if it won't be claudia quality ♥

I can also do NMB Arii's blog posts since I started translating some of her posts earlier today.

I think I want to set up a new lj account first. But would you mind being an angel PM-ing me what I have to fill out for the.. tranlator list and stuff? >:

6. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    As much as I really hate to say this (despite what I promised), I've decided to take a break (about 3 weeks) from translating.

As my school year currently draws to a close, I've noticed that my time for translating has been decreasing day by day, as most of my time has been occupied with school.

I wish I were more capable of balancing these obligations but I'm afraid that I'm currently unable to. Thus I feel a break will do me some good.

However, when summer break begins for me, I'll pick up translating again.

As for the blog posts that will be untranslated during this time, I am unsure if I plan to translate them or not, when I return from my break. While Rika and Harukyan's blogs would be easy to catch up on (as they post so sparsely), Kitarie and Nakayan may be another story.

However, I suppose that can be something to be figured out later.

Thank you for your understanding and I'm sorry if this causes problems.

7. Chainangled

Chainangled Kenkyuusei

Could I translate Kuramochi Asuka's and Nakatsuka Tomomi's blogs? If they're still open, shoot me a message :)

8. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Could I do NMB Yamaguchi Yuki's blog? As she is my favourite in NMB, I'd like to let more people know about her by translating her blog for everyone :) I'd like to do more but I don't really have the time right now [sweat]

9. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Just to let you guys know, I'm going on vacation from May 5th 7th to May 17th 15th, so I won't be translating Yuko's blog until I get back.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll try to get back up to speed upon my return.

10. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    I haven't even thought of the blogs for a while now... for some time I was still backing-up Erika's blog entries for later, but then I started even forgetting that. There's a lot of stuff going on especially with school, and that's without me studying like I should be :fp:

So, basically, I'm putting all blogs on hold until July (when winter vacation starts). And I'll probably end up dropping Meetan for good :( I'm not gonna manage to catch up, so if anyone wants to take these blogs until July, please do...

if anyone requests a translation of entries in particular that seem interesting, I'll do that.

but I won't be updating regularly for now, I'm really sorry :(

11. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

^I think I'm doing the same. I'm not even updating anymore.
    Sorry guys :(

12. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

[align=35]Sorry I only just noticed I'm now able to post to the community :^^;:
    I'll start translating tomorrow then :omfg: :omfg: :omfg:[/align]

13. Hana

Hana Kenkyuusei

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm kinda in the same boat. =/ I just can't remember to keep up with Sayanee & Nonti's blogs. I think I'm gonna have to drop them. =/

14. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

It has been a while since I’ve been able to really be online.
    It truly pains me to say this but at the frequency of updates I’ve posted thus far, or lack thereof, it may be better for me to discard a position that I’m not fulfilling right now.

Whenever time allows, I will translate as much of an entry as I can. Lately, such time hasn’t freed up and I don’t believe this is fair for any readers of the respective threads.

As such, if anyone who feels keen to take up the translation of Shiichan or Amina's blog, feel free to do so.
    As far as Meimei's blog is concerned... I think I can still manage because it's generally shorter entries than that of Shiichan and Amina.

P.S. If no one is able to do them, I'll do them at a point when things clear up for me on this side ;_;

~suki

15. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Dang...people stepping out while I was gone...[​IMG] [​IMG] :-/

Anyway, I'm back from my vacation (went to China, btw), so I'll be playing catch-up with my translations of Yuko's blog posts. I've already done a few, but since I can only spare so much time per day on translations before my brain tires out, it may take a while before I'm finally up to speed. But I'll definitely get there.

So yeah...ganbarimasu! [​IMG]

16. biheart

biheart Kenkyuusei

I have a question regarding "picking up" translating a girl's blog: does the translater first have to step down so someone else can pick it up or is there a sort of "deadline" for example if the translater hasn't updated in a few months/weeks the blog will be "free" again.

I am asking because I'd like to pick up Sumire's blog if possible.

17. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

I pressed post to community &tried to submit my first entry but I got this:

Error updating journal: Client error: Don't have access to requested journal

18. biheart

biheart Kenkyuusei

if it's okay I would also like to pick up Nonaka Misato's blog :)

19. blesseddisgrace

blesseddisgrace Kenkyuusei

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to drop Akane's blog. >__< I love her a lot, but I still really want to pick up Tanamin's blog and plan on doing so once I have less work to do for school, and since all of the blogs I'm doing get updated every day, I don't think I'll be able to keep up. D: I would be glad if someone wants to pick up Akane's blog for me, but if no one does it, I might pick it back up again once college starts for me.

20. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao
    I would like to translate Matsui Jurina's blog..

Edit :
    what do i do if blog48 doesnt appear in the dropdown list?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.