[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Yeah, the Larme thing shouldn't be announced at the U17 concert. They should just pick Yuiyui instead of giving everyone a false hope.

Naachan already regularly selling out all of her slot since Sayonara Crawl (20 slots btw) and regularly in top 16 HS sales since Mae Shika Mukanee. Miion selling out consistently since Labrador Retriever, got 20 slots in Kibouteki Refrain, and consistently in top 16 HS sales since Green Flash. Oguri Yui consistently selling out since HT and has been in senbatsu since HT.
    First media senbatsu? Naachan in Twi, Miion in BwT, Yuiyui in HT
    First solo center? Naachan in the 9th album, Miion in KnBMB b-side, Yuiyui in HT b-side. 51st senbatsu will be Naachan first solo center with a MV.
    From what I see, Yuiyui get everything quickly after she made it as the top HS seller while Naachan had to wait for a couple of years.

Except that it wasn't as simple as that. The biggest difference is that Naachan never got the ace push until now whle Yuiyui is receiving the ace push since her rise in popularity. Although fans of 48G is less affected by the ace push, but casual fans are more easily attracted to someone that is the ace. There is a reason why Naachan anti said that she is only popular with wota since management basically didn't push her to the general public (almost no TV appearance in variety show since early last year, even in AKBINGO) and her anti associate it with no demand for her.
    I'm not saying that Three Musketeers and TTMC aren't affecting her. I'm saying that comparing Naachan and Yuiyui push is not that simple. How would Naachan popularity looked like if she received an ace push back then? how would Yuiyui popularity looked like if after her rise in HS, she is treated as no.2 or 3 on Team 8? For all we know, this is probably the best thing for them. Maybe if Naachan received an ace push back then she wouldn't be as popular as she is right now and if management recognized Yuiyui a bit late, then they might not be able to maintain and increase Yuiyui popularity. If Yuiyui was on TTMC and one of the Three Musketeers, will she be as popular as she is right now? Maybe this is simply the right time for both of them.

Because Mayuyu was hardly in close contact with Yuiyui compared to Yuko with Miion. And Mayuyu endorsing Yuiyui after management started to give the ace push to Yuiyui. And the one that doubt it is not only non Mayuyu fans but also coming from Mayuyu fans. The people that are following Mayuyu that probably knows her better also doubted it. Anyway, Yuiyui doesn't really need Mayuyu endorsement. I actually think it would be bad for her to be someone successor. She should be what she wanted to be and not trapped into this Mayuyu successor thing.

Anyway, I don't hate Yuiyui. I think most of the people in this forum thinks that she deserved her push. The biggest thing that I think prevented her to being pushed more (single center) is mainly her age. AKB senbatsu, unlike SG or 46G, I think right now the industry kinda expecting them to be available at night time. If you see live music shows, AKB usually performed very late, later than any SG and 46G. To have your center not available for it will be strange. The best thing for her right now is front row position and when the time comes, she can assume the center position. Of course management can simply ignore it and make her center and either AKB will perform earlier (sacrificing the later performance, which usually have more viewers) on music shows or they can simply use under for the center. Or the better solution is double center. I believe the last single where they have U17 as the center was UZA? before that was Oogoe Diamond? and both because of Jurina.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tentenko

Tentenko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I have to admit that I don’t “get” why Yuiyui is so popular at the moment, but then I didn’t get other girls in the past either e.g. around 2011 the Sasshi juggernaut started to pick up steam and I didn’t understand why, “this girl is so unremarkable” I thought at the time. lol.

3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    yes, I also don't know why... I know she sold out all her HS slots very fast, but I never hear about how long her queue or how many people always in her HS line. like people talk about Sayanee, Sakura, Yukirin HS. So, I don't know... may be she has super rich wota? or she really popular? may be she has not big but not small quetly rich and active fan-base?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Cristafari goes to many HS events. If he says Yuiyui line is busy af, you can believe the man.;)

5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    because your friends circle is too narrow :p you only have s48 as ur reference, rite? >.<

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Ahh, another Stage48 Excuse, The "Rich wota" one (very big around SSK time).

7. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Nice to know somebody reads my reports :D

I recall one event where they extended her queue to the point where it was crossing other lanes, and when the next slot began it caused a delay to three other lanes because the fans of those members could not queue. Her lane's queue may not be quite the size of Sayanee or Sakura's, but it isn't that much smaller.

In any case, the point I was trying to make was not that her handshake queue solely justifies push and promotion. What I AM saying is that is often the conversation coming from fans. that members' SSK ranks and handshake results should compel management to push/not push certain members. So in the case of Yuiyui, where that seems to be exactly what's happening, I am surprised to hear these complaints, which contradict previous forum rhetoric. (Well, maybe not "surprised." Perhaps more amused) It's not about right or wrong. And I think it's kinda pointless to split hairs about comparing how many months/days/hours from an SSK or handshake result to a senbatsu appearance. Every situation is unique.

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    no, but only SKE and NOgi wota LOL

9. Palioxis

Palioxis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Idk anything about whatever you guys are talking abt, but this design is ugly af.

• Like Like x 2
  10. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    As for me, I do believe she is popular and cute enough to be worthy of a big push. I also admit that she can become a star in the future within the group since she has a talent of capturing the attention of wotas.

But I still don't like her at all.

11. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    From what I've seen, AKB Shinbun doesn't have that great of a design quality. I think it's meant to resemble the mainstream Japanese tabloid so it's not as pretty as usual magazines.
    The point is simply to state what are management's current picks for spotlight.

12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  13. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

15. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Oh, her again...

16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Pretty much.

Bunshun should hire her to write a dating advice column.

17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

At this point, I'm just indifferent and numb to her. She can do whatever she wants. (Though I prefer Riripon for the columnist, being already on further step of relationship and better writer/joker:awesome:)

As for Yuiyui, No one here mentioned a viral video of her fans quarrelling just to shake her hand the last for the day?. Damn that's a very old file before her queue line is as big as of now(and played a role in it) that I forgot where I saved it. I'll tell you when I found it.

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Not really new considering Tano was caught already in mid-2017, but it was on the same day as Riripon so of course no one really cared and most people don't even know about it LOL but yes she's been caught already, I guess they're posting more pics now after she got attention with her anti-Korea comments. at this point I don't see what she can do except graduate.

LOL really? I hope you'll find the video, I need to see that :hehe:

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Type up 鍵閉め on Google and first thing you see is the video of wotas fighting to be last in yuiyui's lane.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is it, right?

if the video does not show watch the video here

LMAO what even :lol: That guy sounds so serious, it's like a matter of death and life... :lol:

Yuiyui's fans are really something LOL... no wonder she's already a queen of handshakes!