Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

The problem with speculating about who is going to leave is that absolutely none of us know what's inside any the girls' minds. We have no clue. Some girls might love the whole ''idol-thing'' so much that they'll have to be dragged out kicking and screaming. Others could tire of the that lifestyle quickly and leave, perhaps, at the height of their popularity. There is absolutely no way to predict. I just try to enjoy my favorites while they are still part of the group. Guessing about the unknowable seems kinda pointless. Fun, perhaps, but still pointless.

2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm actually starting to believe Kojiharu will be the last girl standing from Gen 1. If Miichan's acting career takes off nicely, she will totally leave for greener pastures. Team 4 girls finally reaching Senbatsu level didn't stop her from staying but a juicier contract might.

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Including Akicha, apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    How many graduations or announcements have we had in AKB this year?

5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Here's a list (not in order) -

- Moriwaki Yui (Yuipyon) (Team 8)
    - Suzuki Shihori (Shihorin) (11th gen)
    - Maeda Mitsuki (Mitsuki) (14th gen)
    - Hashimoto Hikari (Hikari) (14th gen)
    - Kobayashi Marina (Marinchan) (10th gen)
    - Tsuchiyasu Mizuki (Mizuki) (15th gen)
    - Matsui Sakiko (Sakiko) (7th gen)
    - Uchida Mayumi (Ucchi) (5th gen)
    - Kuramochi Asuka (Mocchi) (4th gen)
    - Morikawa Ayaka (Aaya) (11th gen)
    - Kawaei Rina (Ricchan) (11th gen)
    - Nagao Mariya (Mariya) (9th gen) *only announced for now*
    - Natori Wakana (Wakanyan) (11th gen) *only announced for now*
    - Uchiyama Natsuki (Nakky) (14th gen) *only announced for now*
    - Takajo Aki (Akicha) (6th gen) *only announced for now*

I don't include Takamina because she announced in 2014 and leaving in 2016 LOL.

So the total number of announcements is 15... That's a lot o___o 11th gen and 14th gen had the most members leaving this year.

6. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Thanks. Yes, Takamina's graduation is a silly joke but if I count her and not count Yuipyon and other Team8 there is 15 who has or shall leave and they were 79 from the start. Nearly 19%. AKB is bleading.

7. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Personally I don't mind the bleed. They are simply too big right now. It is hard to make a successful group when you keep changing the members for the songs. Also right now those that didn't get in the senbatsu probably get even less job than what it used to be because, again, there are simply too many members.
    Or AKS could at least act like a proper agency and try to find a job for the girls other than doing AKB work (individual job, not attached with AKB name). I noticed that there is none (or almost zero) of the new girls that came from another agency, thus the necessity to try to get jobs for the girls since AKB is becoming too big.

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    As I looked at the Graduation Database, I saw that there are those remarks like Ricchan's incident or so... Wakanyan's "remark" is that she has Autonomic Ataxia and seems like that's the reason of her graduation. Idk if it's "enough" to update the database with it but I thought it'd be better to mention it ^^'

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

And we can now add 2 names to the list...

- Miyazawa Sae (Sae) (2nd gen)
    - Nishiyama Rena (Renarin) (draft 1st gen)

Both announced today (so, in 24 hours we had like 3 graduations announcements :shock:).

Even though Sae is in SKE but she is originally AKB and a very important original member, so she is worth mentioning in AKB-related graduations. Also, I read that Wakanyan and Renarin graduations dates are already decided, their last stages will be around December 20-23 or so (before 2016 then).

10. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yangbingyi
    I think all of the members from gen 4 to gen 7 (Ooya, Chiichan, Reinyan, Myao, Harukyan, Chikarina, Aamin, Wasamin, Sumire, Mariyannu) except Sasshi and Rie will annouce their graduation before May 2016.
    Not to mention Harunyan and Miichan too, I think that they are ready to graduate next year.
    Kacchan is about to reach her 1,000 theater performance, she would graduate after that also.
    Have some feelings about Tanabe Miku and Harugon too.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  11. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

Not that soon. If they want, they already graduated long ago. The theatre job at least gave these girls stable income and help support their life. What are they intend to do after graduation ? The unpopular girls normally graduates because they want more outside solo works / quit showbiz to have other normal job or have marriage plan.

Sent from my SM-G530F using Tapatalk

12. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Same. The ones that want to stay in entertainment seem to be in communication with management so as to be introduced to other agencies while the backlog of girls is slowly cut down.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

13. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I'm expecting more 1st gen draftees. Aerin and Hinana and maybe Kayoyon too. AKB is doing nothing for them. If they are having fun and genuinely enjoying performing in the theater, then maybe they'll stay, but the benefits of staying need to outway the drawbacks. Benefits: it's fun, drawbacks: it's a lot of work and it's surely demoralising to get nowhere. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

14. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I don't think Sasshi, Kojiharu and Miichan are going to stay very long. Japanese people are deeply affected by what their peers do. When one friend gets married, the rest will get married when 1~3 years. Everyone who's Japanese on this board knows we are like that.

I'd say Kojiharu would have graduated several years back but she currently has it very good work wise, and she is afraid of what she can get if she graduated. After all, she'd lose all her AKB related work includinh Ariyoshi so that leaves her Peach John and other CM only.

15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    All these graduation announcements are making my head spin @w@ but I guess it's a necessary evil for both the girls and Management. AKB really is too big to handle right now. They can't even cope with promoting its own singles in a timely manner, let alone give good job opportunities for the girls in the theater. It needs to move forward.

16. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Oooooo what number is she on now? I'm debating whether Umechan will tire of babysitting BII or Kaachan will reach 1000 first.

17. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I found it will be 925, so it will take some years to reach 1000.

18. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

On seemingly every thread people are bashing management for every single decision they make, but i like what's going on these days. I love Sae and Akicha (two of my all-time favorites) BUT moving on is not the worst thing for any of the upcoming grads. I'm sure they all want to check their future prospects, date guys like girls their age are want to do and live sensible lives. You certainly can't blame them. And I also think bringing back the first generation legends for one song is a stroke of genius. This management INVENTED AKB, for goodness sake. AKB would never have been created if it wasn't for these folks!! So I believe they are acting in the best interests of the entire organization. I know these are very unpopular opinions but I think we need to let things play out before we crush management for every single thing they do. Just saying.

19. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

People say that AKB has too many members and then when some members announce their graduation the same people say that AKB is doomed or whatever :^^;:AKB has around ~130 members, having 15 graduations isn't that many (Especially with Kennin members, sister group members on singles etc.). The big problem is that a lot of young members are leaving (We already saw this happening with SKE a while ago). With new gen getting more and more ignored by management, the tendency is that the young members (with a lot of potential, by the way) simply go follow their own lives. The fact that all the 14th members announced their graduation except the only ones that were pushed is no coincidence. The Draft members are following a similar path. We don't have a bunch of graduations in Team 8 because of Toyota (thankfully). Overall, AKB48 keeps adding members (Taiwan Audition...) without making the other ones stable, which creates a weird vacuum with mid-gen. So Senbatsu has the original members 1st~3rd gen (+ Sasshi, Yui and Paruru) and the members from the last generation. The last time they actually tried to make an AKB member stable in Senbatsu (being popular to the general public and all) was with Paruru, to be honest. Annin and Renaacchi are always there, but in the back and members like Tomu, Mako and Miion are still unstable. And a bunch of young members are just completely ignored and can't even appear in a b-side. Anyway, if things continue like this, we can expect a bunch of graduations from younger members, especially 13th and 15th gen. I'm also afraid something similar to what happened with 11th gen happens with 9th gen next year...

Edit: Agency shuffles could help this too ;)

20. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @brunoiaz the agency shuffles will only happen after they graduate.