IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I love Sakura(not much tbh)but that is such BS because in the contract written to participants of PD48 there was a clause that stated they'd halt all 48G activities when they pass the audition. You don't think they'd not even tell you what entails after passing the audition? It's been said by some 48G member on showroom after PD48 and it seems the very reason why some popular members didn't participate at all. If they 'imagined' it'd be kennin beforehand (which again is ludicrous because contracts) almost all the young and bright members would have participated. Sakura participated knowing all the consequences and kudos to her for it because that is brave with almost everyone thinking the resulting group from PD48 would fail.

That she didn't know is her being political and saying to her 48G era fans that she cares a little bit.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    For above, see in the album thread
    Thank you

I clearly remember the anouncement of possible concurrencies among all the unusual ones before the show started.
    Way before it was washed away on the final day.

Also in a HS event Nako was asked about the contract rumored to be exclusive and she answered if true, HKT are in troubles (well she was half right)

(Too much work to dig into the r7gg48 thread, sorry).

4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think they all thought that because they lost Sakura, Nako and Sasshi at around the same time, who were all top members in HKT. I think the most important/most famous members of HKT were probably Sasshi, Sakura, Haruppi, Meru and NakoMiku (and maybe Hana?). There was not much hope that Haruppi would return, and she'd been losing popularity for the year leading up to autumn 2018 anyway, I'd say. NakoMiku was kind of a package deal and I'm not sure how many people considered either of them interesting enough on their own. They tried to push Hana but I don't know how successful that was. That left Meru, who hadn't centered a single since 2014, and half of NakoMiku.

I wouldn't say HKT is worthless now and I enjoy their music, but it was scary for the members to lose so many big names in such a short amount of time. There was no time to push anyone else, to give HKT another face. People were crying a lot at Sasshi's graduation concert about this exact same thing as well.

I think they've been doing fairly okay though, all things considered, and I think even though Sakura and Nako left, they gained new (overseas) fans for HKT48. I also think Nappi is a good/interesting choice as a center. Also, when Nako and Sakura return – which I still think will happen –, I think they'll probably try to make NakoMiku best friends again and maybe give Sakura some HKT centers, rather than AKB ones.

I'm sorry this is more about HKT than IZ*ONE but hopefully still relevant... to some degree haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Happy birthday to our cute hamster joyuri:ome:
    IZ*ONE ARCADE Ⅱ Special EP As usual as today by Cloud Cover by YURI

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Happy Yuri Day compilation video from All The Kpop:

• Like Like x 2
  7. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Now that this video has eng subs I can give an opinion.

Basically the video is about the group, their versatility in different concepts and their achievements in both Korea and Japan.

And while I think it's great Stone/OTR acknowledges the Japanese singles and their achievements. I can't help feeling it's something hypocritical because it looks like they only mention the Japanese singles when it's about awards and achievements but the songs from that single are almost never played or performed.

8. stage666

stage666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    maybe because of copyright issues? IZONE's JP release is distributed by Universal Music Japan, not Stone Music

9. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Then why those issues never occurred in the HEART*IZ? I remember Suki to Iwasetai was performed several times in Korea after they released HEART*IZ.

10. nyeheeeeee

nyeheeeeee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mariko-sama
    let me give a cent about this issue

Well the debates about Izone contract permanent or extension vs J-Lines back to the group will be endless and wasting off time.
    The hard-fan-wotas will be shouting about J-Line have family in 48 group or something (yea they probably dont give a shit or even vote them in ssk after the jline comeback to 48g)
    The hardfan-wizone will be arguing about 48g is still ok bcs there are young gen or sum (yea some of them probably stop supporting the Jline after izone ended)
    and this will continue untill April 2021 lmao

my one comment is: just wait the announcement lmao, dont do an useless war (especially what happened in twitter)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

AVATAR K-FOOD KITCHEN with IZ*ONE

Knowing Brother After-school activities with eng subs

SIZ*ONE "Twelve" sales
    D1=124,178 | D2=3,429

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

J-Line should forget about Korea once the contract is done. The Kpop world and Korea itself is a toxic place. Hating knetz will always try digging dirt of every idols so they can ruin their career. Sakura, Hitomi and Nako already experience the Produce scandal and all the mess with it. J-Line should cheris the memories they had with Izone korean members and keep in touch. I frankly think they are done with Kpop next year. They deserve a quiet life in Japan and no more need of controversery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    You talk as if nothing ever happens in Japan *cough* NGT scandal(remember an idol member who is assaulted is forced to apologize than gets graduated), *cough* crazy fan stabbing idols *cough* Minegishi going bald. Quiet life in Japan indeed.

Sakura literally worshipping K-pop in her Elle Japan interview. https://www.elle.com/jp/culture/mus...campaign=post_tw_el_20201021&utm_content=link
    Sakura is happier than ever in Korea because she was one of the most popular 48G member in Japan; She's seen it all. The good and bad.:) Takahashi Juri switching over when she had the chance was no coincidence either.

The Produce scandal was deservedly blown up. In the end justice was served, the PD went to prison, our girls are cruising, breaking records, and gaining popularity all over the world! You call that toxic? Yes there are toxic K-netz but don't get me started on J-netz. I read millions of Sakura's face changed, she must've gotten surgery and etc on her Oricon interview.

You should come back here once the J-line inevitably either extends contract or returns to Korea having graduated 48G in 2022(my theory)

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Just a few pointers in Sakura's Elle Japan interview(which wasn't posted here)that I mentioned above. Mainly of her talking about Korea.
    Link : https://www.elle.com/jp/culture/mus...campaign=post_tw_el_20201021&utm_content=link

- She'd watched from afar Korean idols when she was still at 48G of the likes of BLACKPINK, Red Velvet, and Twice.
    - She looked up to them because of the song's quality, the concept and world of the songs and esp. the way they'd present themselves in such a confident way.
    - In Japan, she was caught up in the concept of having to be an 'orthodox idol', but seeing K-idols led her to believe 'I am me'. She began to want to show fans her distinctive self by uploading youtube videos and dyeing her hair.
    - K-idols have a few years of just practicing before debut, but she stood on stage without practice years (in Japan). In Korea, her skills were lacking so she decided to be 'an idol who'd improve vastly as albums go by'
    - She started to listen to Western pop music after deciding to compose music herself.
    - It's easier to apply rhythm to Korean language than Japanese. She had to be careful not to eradicate rhythm when writing Fiesta Jp. version.
    - Korean language has 'batchim' so has sounds which does not exist in Japanese, hence K-pop might sound 'fuller'.
    - When she's speaking Korean she says directly what she is feeling as opposed to when she's speaking Japanese. She's become a confident person as a result.
    - After learning Korean her ears have opened up to sound and her preferences in Music have changed from mainly lyrics to melody and sound.
    - She is impressed and motivated by BTS getting no.1 on Billboard and touched that people all over the world are listening to music from a totally different country.

She's gushing praises on K-pop. Yeah let's live quietly in Japan.(maybe composing K-pop songs)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. heartereki

heartereki Kenkyuusei

You people are nuts and delusional. All three clearly prefer K-Pop and they have no reason not to. If they want to continue to be idols and celebrities, why would they go back to 48G? People all over the world know their names and love them, and they're making more money than they ever would have. Why would they ever give that up to be a local act with fickle "fans" that will forget they exist when they graduate to get low level jobs in entertainment? Even if IZ*ONE can't continue, they're STILL better off staying in Korea and figuring out what to do there.

Who are you to say they want a "quiet life"? You act like they're 70 year old retirees. They're young, talented, and can do whatever they want if they don't give in to people like you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

The only person who I can see going back to 48G is Nako and that’s only a slight chance. Sakura is clearly done with the orthodox J-Pop idol concept and Hitomi has better prospects in Korea than Japan, like literally no one knew a single lick about Hitomi before PD48.

Y’all are delulu if you want them to return considering they’re better off in Korea due to their global and Japanese popularity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It's pointless to keep debating this, there are pros, there are cons. (which inevitably leads to **** measuring contest)
    Just wait and see what happens.
    From all what is known, an extension is possible, it has been stated from the beginning.

As for such intervews as the one above, don't over analyse, or expect any big revealing.
    The interviewer and the girls would allways take a good care of avoiding topics that might hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    LOL what did you expect? She is in Korea and is under contract with iZone. Would she say things like I don't like Korea or I can't bear K-Pop? Her career would be over instantly if that's the case. She would say as much, if not more, praises when asked about J-Pop too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Wasn't it only on Mnet Comeback Stage (CJ) and that was their Japanese debut track? I don't think they performed it on any other korean show but is in their concert setlists. The produce48 japanese songs appear more often. I believe they don't perform any japanese songs at kcon which is kind of their headliner event.

Agreed it and Yummy Summer stand out, I also think Beware's chorus and point dance has grown on me too.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  20. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    There's the performance in Aichi festival:

I know is in Japan but I think it counts as a Korean show because it's a Kpop festival, even the Buenos Aires profile pics were used to introduce the group.