Single Keyakizaka46 2nd [Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai] (2016/08/10)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2016.

1. AitorBernkastel

AitorBernkastel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Where did you hear Aozora and Bob Dylan? I can't find any rips.

2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Does the Hiragana Keyaki song have a PV (or a performance vid)? I thought it was only theater ed.

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    They aired it on showroom with this not-quite-MV MV

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

From YT
    Aozora

Bob Dylan

5. AitorBernkastel

AitorBernkastel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    ^
    Thank you very much!!
    Bob Dylan wa Kaesanai is beautiful!! That's the real power of Yuichans.
    As for Aozora, the instrumental is beautiful, but I don't know about the melody of the vocals... Still, I like it ^^

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The Saturday evening set at TIF was better: less crowd chaos, less heat (and they wore their cooler new uniforms). I think it was indoors, at the main stage. Great to see the full versions of SaiMajo and now SekaAi. And the "poetry reading" parts of SekaAi were said live. I think the Yui-chans also sang live. Two more sets Sunday. Will they do the same songs or will they give us the first glimpse of the stage performance of Kataru nara or some other song from the new single?

Earlier in the day, fans actually broke barriers to get into empty space in the reserved section for the K46 performance. 2channel posts criticised both the crowd and the organizers, for not having the space available fit the tickets sold more closely (they were movable barriers).

7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Late reply, my review on the B-side:

Neru solo: Played to her strength. Definitely hard to do live.

Aozora: Tons of missed note. Catchy Reff but hard to deny it's resemblance with NMB48 BII Ferry. I like both piano.[hehe]

Bob Dylan: Err...objectively, it's good. Stable. Shibuya-Gawa still win in overall comparison, as others have said before.

Hiragana: Nogizaka No Uta of Hiragana girls. Only time will tell how this song will last.

No comment on TIF. Keep up the live performance, girls!

8. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

Keyakizaka's schedule on TIF event today (8/7)

10:00~10:30 JST @ SHIP STAGE
    17:35~18:05 JST @ SMILE STAGE

http://www.idolfes.com/2016/timetable.html

I guess only the performance on SMILE STAGE that will be aired on Fuji TV.

9. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    My take:
    Neru solo: nice MV, although I have to let the song grow on me a bit. Neru is such a charming and cute girl. Hopefully she'll get even better chance to shine.

Hirate solo: try as hard as possible to enjoy it, but still can't. Doesn’t really reflect on the quality of the song or performer; it's just not to my taste.

Yuichans song: I agree that I like Shibuyagawa much more than this one. Still a nice song, and I think Yuichans are indeed capable singers. Looking forward to their next one.

Aozora: light, catchy, typical idol song. Something I can listen to over and over again while driving along the highway. Vocals need some work, girls!

10. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

The thing about most Keyaki songs (which is why I like this group in contrast to most other idol groups) is that my first impression of them is mostly just "not bad", it's usually not getting me hyped instantly, but I start to like them more after listening a few more times. Now, the upcoming single partially has this for me. It has exceeded some expectations but also left a few gaps here and there.

Gotta say, Aozora Ga Chigau is a bit disappointing. Five of the most charismatic members get a song which is very average by known standards. Their voices harmonize well and I especially like Shida's singing (way to go, didn't expect this), but in the end it's a simple and unimpressive idolish song.

Bob Dylan is individualistic and has good guitar work but lacks the expressiveness of Shibuya Gawa. The Yuichanzu are good singers and their recording sounds more natural to my ears. The song has a very different atmosphere to the other songs so far, quite melancholic and slow-paced. It brings a bit of variety into the programme but I think it doesn't display the Yuichanzu's character and abilities to the fullest.

I thought I'd like to hear Neru's singing in Hiragana Keyaki but I think she isn't even featured in this? Still, it's a catchy and fun song but nowhere at the level of Nogizaka no uta in my opinion, it lacks a powerful chorus and rhythm to be very memorable for me. But well, gotta see, maybe for an unders group it's still an adequate anthem.

Matta Atte Kudasai is a quite positive surprise, I like both the music and even Neru's "my pace"-singing style in this. It's likely engineered up significantly and technically, this song is "wasted" for an unrefined singing voice, but since idol music is not about technical stuff but just about emotion and the impression it leaves, Neru's singing is actually giving the song some sort of freshness.

Kataru Nara Mirai Wo, SekAi and PARCO actually were songs that became better to me after I listened several times over one or two weeks or so, so I have to see whether I will also change my opinion about the newly leaked songs. Overall, this does not top Silent Majority for me, and I'll decide which versions to order depending on bonus DVD content and songs featured.

For now (not counting MVs, only by sound/lyrics):
    PARCO > Matta Atte Kudasai > SekAi/Kataru Nara > Bob Dylan > Hiragana/Aozora Ga Chigau

By the way: lol@ Otaku dancing at the live shows. It's kinda scary but hilarious and cool at the same time that men can get that enthusiastic about cute girls on the stage.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  11. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    upload_2016-8-8_0-19-17.png
    lthey will perform Kataru Nara Mirai wo... on KeyaKake next week
    Looking forward to this :omfg:

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yes! This is the perfect place for it, recorded, and on their own territory. I won't be easy, but I look forward to a thrilling performance.

Takahiro is a god -- or at least the 22nd Keyaki-chan. As if Silent Majority and Kataru Nara weren't enough, he choreographed the live full performances of Sekai ni wa Ai shika Nai over the weekend so that every member got a chance to be in the front line, and Uemura Rina was at centre for a while. He loves them, and they love him. At one point, apparently, the overhead view of the formation has them in a Sakamichi-symbol triangle. Cool.

EDIT: Here's a subbed version of the MV for Neru's Mata Atte Kudasai:

This is a great song. Neru's voice may have to be engineered into tune, but her expressive lyricism makes this song work beautifully. Some of the phrases here are the sweetest, most lyrical singing anyone in K46 has done. And Neru's subtle (stunned? thoughtful?) expressions make the MV work so well, too. Note that the MV and the song itself tell slightly different stories.

As far as I'm concerned, there are four kami kyoku on this CD: Kataru Nara, Parco, SekaAi, and Mata Atte. This song makes my chest go hollow with emotion. It is a great evocation of young love. In fact, it may be the only real love song in the K46 catalogue.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  13. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I've managed to hear all of the songs now and see most of the MVs, so can pass comment! On the whole I love the single as much as Silent Majority.

Sekai ni wa Ai Shika Nai - screen time distribution aside, I like the talking to vocals of the verses; I like the backing track; I don't think the chorus is as memorable as their first single but on the whole it's another strong A-side.
    Kataru Nara Mirai wo... - for me, this is the strongest senbatsu B-side they've done so far. I love the MV, it's catchy and addictive.
    Shibuya Kara PARCO ga Kieta Hi - I LOVE this song. It might be my favourite of the whole single. The whole chorus has been stuck in my mind all morning. Techi's vocals are clear and strong, you can see her confidence in the MV - which was a little dull but her red suit was pretty cool - and for me it's better than Yamanotesen.
    Mata Atte Kudasai - you can't stop the Neru rise and now she has a solo! I preferred Noriokureta Bus but this is a sweet song and I love her voice too.
    Aozora ga Chigau - only listened to this the once and I don't remember it very well... hopefully it grows on me.
    Bob Dylan ga Kaesanai - 2Yui deliver another great duet. Their vocal pairing is great, and while I don't find this as memorable as Shibuyagawa at the moment, but I still love it.
    Hiragana Keyaki - welcome to the family! It's a lovely interaction and shows that their vocals are on par with the Kanji.

Favourite songs are definitely Kataru and Shibuya at the moment. Well done girls, looking forward to seeing the sales!

14. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Finally get to listen to the complete Hiragana Keyaki song. I have to say I like it a lot. They sung quite well and the song is nice, too. A strong sub-group, under-group or whatever they really are. Looking forward to their next one!

Currently my impression to the 2nd single is that it's a solid one. The A-side is just as epic as SaiMajo, and the B-side contain great songs.

On a different note, I think the way Neru pronounce words (both during speech or singing) is... unique, cute. Is this a particular accent from a particular area in Japan, or is it just her?

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She's from Nagasaki, on Kyushu, the southernmost main island. I'm no expert, but I've read people commenting that her accent is from there. However, I'm not sure which part is her accent and which part is just her. I think both are involved.

I love her way of speaking, too. But she said on KeyaKake TV on Sunday that her friends back home think she is losing her accent, that she has been "infected" by Tokyo. And on her Showroom session last week, when the host commented that she kept saying "bad, bad, bad" all through the time the making-of video was playing, she said she thought her "face, voice, way of speaking" were all bad. I disagree.

16. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I hope she's not serious when she said that. I definitely disagree with her. Everything about her is cute. And looking at her HS sales, fans think so, too!

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She knows her singing voice is not standard-issue "good," since both karaoke machines and the other members keep telling her that. And they're right. On Showroom, she said that fans praised her voice as "unique" and "interesting," but she implied that that seemed like faint praise to her. She may want to be "beautiful" (both in voice and in face) rather than cute. I prefer unique to skillful but boring, myself.

We're not alone: there's a well-known guy in Japan who's apparently a quiz champion and now quiz-maker who's also a Nogi/Keyaki fan. He says that Nori Okureta Basu is the song he likes best of all Keyaki songs. I'm not going to go that far, but okay.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  18. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I've never listened to Neru singing live, but based on Keya's songs I would say that her voice is not worse than, say, Sayuringo's. Unless Sayuringo's voice received less "treatment" in the recording, that is. At least Neru's voice is pleasant enough to the ear. She might have problems hitting the correct pitch, etc., but I think this is something one can learn (to some extent).

Regarding Nori Okureta Basu, not my favourite song, but it's not bad. And if I have anything against the song, it would be more in terms of the melody, not Neru's vocals.

Just IMHO. I'm no musician, anyway. ;)

19. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Am I alone who like Bob Dylan more than Shibuya? They're so fantastic here, they can show their singing ability to the almost fullest, with great guitars and great melancholy feels. Just want to see they perform it live and I want the MV please : (

20. shirai46

shirai46 Kenkyuusei

Out on iTunes

Attached Files: