Members you hated, but now love (or vice versa)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Oct 20, 2011.

1. matryska

matryska Kenkyuusei

I know what you mean, Rabutan comes across as "i don't give a f**k". Not sure why she continues to do this with her popularity on the decline. It does gets better though - once she remembers you from meeting a few times and gets to know you, she can be quite pleasant/funny. Just gotta break down the wall

2. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

You would think they would have idol training...what to do and what not to do for various things. Maybe if they could see themselves on tape at handshakes they might be surprised.

Used to not like Tomochin much, thought she was over rated. But now actually think she is a person who has talent but simply is having trouble tapping it properly.

Mayayu used to be very annoying but could tolerate her. I now think she is fine but has a perenial child's singing voice which I think means she really can't be center. But she will be thereabouts of course because of popularity.

Used to like Sasshi a lot. But was gradually put off by the way over the top pushing she was getting, without possessing any real talents, and the fact that it sucked screen time from some other girls. Then when 6 others broke the rules and are out, and she broke the rules but gets rewarded....well I can't even stand to see her on screen at all any more. It kinda disgusts me. And it will be something that will stop me buying some AKB products if she is prominent in them.

3. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    There was this phase where I really really liked Kashiwagi Yuki and then for some reason I just stopped. Now I like her even more than before, I guess cause of her voice or something. :dunno:

4. Rezvord

Rezvord Kenkyuusei

^Kazanbai? :awesome:

5. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    No, actually I like her voice in almost every song she sings, but she needs to put some power into it and she'd be the best singer in AKB imo.

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

When I first got into AKB a while ago, I liked Mayuyu fine. I thought she was cute and her twin tails look was good on her, it made her stand out a bit. When I found out she was such an otaku I liked her even more. I thought her doctor cosplay for AKBingo Danso was really good (though the Shinsengumi one wasn't as good lol) and she continually entertained me.

Well, something changed recently. I don't know, maybe it's because I don't want her to be a super forefront member like it's looking like she's becoming. Even if that's not subconciously the case, though, I started to dislike her more and more. It just seems to me like she doesn't care about the group as much as some of the other members, and that she's way too full of herself over her 'perfect idol' persona. As if she's perfect? Yes she has a cute face but everything I've seen with her recently just screams that she thinks she's better than others. It's partly just an aura she has.

Some people might be tempted to say that aura is necessary to a successful idol but I disagree. I'm no stranger to idols over the years and I've seen plenty really successful ones who don't need to push their superiority onto other people in order to shine more.

I think what really pushed me over the edge was AKBingo Shojiki Shougi with Kojiharu vs Mayu. I know that most of it is acting and lie detectors can be wrong. But the stuff she said kind of made me mad (esp as a Takamina/no3b fan). Stuff like her buying Hetalia (I hate the fans for that show) CD instead of no3b's single on the day it released, way to show your support for other members. Saying Takamina was not idol material and there's a huge line between her and Mayu (even if it's true, she could have explained it in a nicer way), and not finding anything good to say about Miichan... sad.

Now seeing her getting more screentime over Yuuko in Akimatsuri concert is really grinding my gears [boom] lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ta373

Ta373 Kenkyuusei

^
    Are you me? Took the words right out of my fingers :^^;:

On the other hand, I'm starting to like Takamina a lot now that her flaws are getting more evident. After Atsuko's confessions at SDK I fell completely in love with the idea of her snapping with the members, for example. Not being just the nice stubborn crying girl, but actually short-fused in general and showing it bluntly. It makes her more tangible, and in a sense, truer to herself than most of the people I know lol

8. Capiloco

Capiloco Kenkyuusei

That did it for me too, she seems like a spoiled child that was never allowed to play outside, so she never learned how to share and care for others..

9. Silenka

Yeah. I think you can really see this in Acchan's final theater stage too when, during member's farewells to Acchan, she gets mad at Sasshi for telling Acchan to keep giving her nice clothes lol. It was a really tense moment in my opinion.

But it's not that she's always short on patience or anything. She just doesn't abide people messing around when there's a clear rule to be followed or when it might mar AKB's image. I never got a 'nice stubborn crying girl' vibe from her at all.

Like during her stern talk to the members after Seibu Dome 1st day about how bad the concert was and how everyone has to do better the next day, but went and apologized to management for the bad concert. No matter how bad the situation, she's willing to take the responsibility for it. The fact that she's able to get mad and keep members in line when they're doing something wrong, or be the first one upset members go to for comfort (like after senbatsu or janken results), really shows how important she is to the group and why she's the leader. Oops, I guess I'm talking about her perfections rather than her flaws now :D

She's totally perfect in her imperfections though, and that's why I personally like her so much. As often as she's over the top silly and looks weird and acts clumsy, she's reliable, looks beautiful and acts like a true leader.

10. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    I posted the following to an individual on Oct 21, 2011 (edited since it's almost a year later):

I went to look for that episode. It was Ep72 of AKBINGO which aired on Feb 24, 2010 when she was still 15.

That's (more than) 2 years ago.

Won't you give her the benefit of the doubt that she has since matured?

11. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice
    In the latest ranking of members respected by other members within AKB48 Mayuyu voted for Takamina. Of course there is also all the Miichan Mayuyu photos. Recent one where they are hugging.

I wouldn't put much stock into AKBingo for producing any real facts. Unless your gullible in that regard

At the end of the day you can believe whatever you want about Mayuyu, doesn't change the fact that she is the eternal center of AKB48 as well as the known and unknown universe. More importantly these facts do not require your belief to be any more true then they are. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be enlightened to the undeniable truth....maybe your just not ready. [aup]

12. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Mayu fans you cannot criticize a persons perspective just because they see something about Mayu that they don't like, and you choose to ignore.

13. Silenka

I can give Mayu the benefit of the doubt, because I know all the members have acted silly/stupid when they were younger and greener (such as Takamina's bold faced lie about reading a book that didn't even exist lol, but she made up for it in my mind by taking blame for something she didn't do).

However, even with that being said, I still don't like Mayu's personality and aura, no matter how I look at her. The recent stuff I've seen of her hasn't really changed my perspective (though I do like her voice work in 0048). She still seems to me that she's putting on a personality, a somewhat selfish and cold one at that. I don't perceive much genuine warmth from Mayu, just a desire to be popular. Actually, I don't like Yukirin for the same reason (the personality she puts on for the camera, whether or not it's her real personality). I guess I'm just a Team B hater? I'm drinkin the Hater-ade.

And I know of course that the girls mostly get along and there are no hard feelings between them. Most of the bad feelings are probably for show. But when you shove 80+ girls together all the time, they are gonna have some problems with each other. The fact that they are always together, too, means they have no choice but to get along with each other, even if they secretly hate one another. And we'll never know one way or the other.

In the end, what can I say, I like the girls with the strong personalities vs the 'cute' ones, but to each his own. Mayu is not the end-all be-all any more than Takamina (or Lemon, augh) is, it's AKB's chemistry as a whole that makes it work and makes each girl shine. Each one has her own faults (yes, even Mayu). I just happen to dislike Mayu more for the faults I perceive in her.

14. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

That book exist, it's just that Takamina told a blatant lie that she had read it when in fact she's not :^^;:

About Mayuyu, i used to not like her and what you guys said about her that makes you guys think less of her, that's exactly one of the reasons why i'm not too fond of her in the past. But now as she grow older i can see she has grown more matured, she maybe hasn't change much but the changing in her attitude is there.

And to Mayuyu fans, i know how it feels like when you're reading someone talk how they don't like your oshimen but please, this thread is made for us to talk about who's the member that we don't like and why (and vice versa) so you guys have to be patience about it. You can go all the way to defend your oshi if someone's talking bad about your favorite members in other threads though :)

15. Jester48

Jester48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamauchisuzuran
    Twitter:
    UnknownJester_
    actually you can't lol.. someone tried that and got a warning.. wonder who that was..

16. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

^Eh? Really? I don't need to know who but when is this?

17. Jester48

Jester48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamauchisuzuran
    Twitter:
    UnknownJester_
    umm was before senbatsu and everything.. cant really remember lol.. was a little while ago.

18. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

^Even in that member own thread?

19. Jester48

Jester48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamauchisuzuran
    Twitter:
    UnknownJester_
    lol.. well it was in both members thread I believe XD

guess I should add something to this thread lol.. like some members on the previous page, I use to dislike Mayuyu. But for awhile now she has been creeping her way up my rankings. Also when I first started getting into akb i couldn't really stand Acchan.. but now love her to death XD

20. archy89

archy89 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    archykun
    it is not like i hate any members..
    but sometimes their fans attitude made me have a bad impression of their oshi..
    did someone else also feel this or it is just me? :fp: