Movie / DVD [MOVIE] Documentary of AKB48: The Time Has Come (14/07/04)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Sasshiko48

Sasshiko48 Kenkyuusei

I would loooove if they had a huge interview with Sasshi, it would be so positive compared to the last documentary (it was about her scandal so she was crying almost the whole time).
    But this documentary will be weird, the first without Acchan and the last with Yuko.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm not sure Acchan will be totally absent. She appears in the poster after all.
    She might not get an interview (pretty much like in the previous documentary) but I can already see some backstage footage from Sapporo where she appears as some kind of unreachable presence leaving all the juniors in awe.

3. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ IMO idol fame and popularity are so fleeting that I bet most girls don't even think that Acchan is all that awe inspiring anymore... they are probably more impressed with Mayuyu, Yuko or even Sasshi right now. I doubt any idol... not even Acchan can shine so bright during their idol career that the memory of their light is enough to out shine current idols. To me personally, Sasshi's legend is more fascinating and more impressive than Acchan's.

IMO the documentary will feel more weird if Acchan is in it. :^^;: To me the image of Acchan sailing away on that boat thingy at Tokyo Dome is so powerful that they should have resisted all temptations to bring her back to the stage in any significant way.

I hope it is like 10% Yuko (beginnning and end)... 10% Mariko, Tomochin & Sayaka... 0% Acchan... 1% Miichan scandal and comeback (should be mentioned imo)... 10% Sousenkyo and Sasshi's comeback... 9% Sayanee, Paruru, Yuihan, Riichan, Annin and the rest of the election senbatsu members and mid gen pushed members... then like 50% Naachan, Naanya & the rest of the newer generations (especially 12 & 14 gen). :banana:

4. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    same.. i hope 50% or more for nextgen :chuffed:

but not only front girls like mayu,paru, mako,owada but all supporting senbatsu member like yuria,okada,miki,ricchan,annin etc.. and nextgen from sister group.

5. fluffy

fluffy Kenkyuusei

I do hope they spend more time with the sister groups.

6. Sasshiko48

Sasshiko48 Kenkyuusei

Sadly I agree with you. Acchan shines only in AKB and there are already new legends in AKB that the new generations can idolize. Even the support that Acchan has outside of the band is kinda weak, I've read that the tickets for her last concert didn't sell well and even the sales of her singles decrease. The same can be said for any other member leaving the group.
    And Sasshi's rise is probably way more impressing for the youngest members. When you think about it, Acchan was selected by Aki-p to be the ultimate ace, basically she was pushed. While Sasshi climbed to the top while being totally "useless"/hetare, not an orthodox idol and not especially good at anything exept making fun of herself. Of course Acchan worked super super hard when the group had no fans and made AKB what it is now, but her legend is a part of the 1st gen and 2nd gen members' legend while Sasshi got her "own" legend. Nobody can do again what Acchan did, but Sasshi's rise could be emulated by some new members. Lol sorry for my english and for going a little bit too far in the analysing

I hope that the documentary will be focused on many members, but it will probably be 50% Yuko, 50% Yuko passing to "power" to the "next aces" : Sasshi, Sayanee, Jurina... Unfortunately these kind of doc seldom focus on not popular members. Or they just focus on not popular members to give us the "their dream was crushed look at them look and be entertained by their tears" thing

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  7. Sasshiko48

Sasshiko48 Kenkyuusei

I didn't say that she wasn't doing great ^^ I just said that the support that the fans give her is decreasing, we can see it with the sales of her CDs decreasing + ticket sales of concert. Of course, it doesn't mean that her career is doomed, but it just means that the fans are gradually kind of leaving her.
    The fashion magazine, CF and roles she gets don't show fan support, it just shows that the entertainment industry wants to work with her. Acchan is sucessful in her solo career but she doesn't shine as much as she was shining when she was in AKB because she's not in AKB anymore. I was comparing the image of Sasshi and Acchan in AKB, and Acchan era is totally over. I personally think that Acchan's peak was in AKB, but it doesn't mean that her career will be a failure.

8. cheza28

cheza28 Kenkyuusei

Actually, I want to see the Atsuko's MC in sapporo... and i believe from the poster that they might show it in the documentary....
    it is bad that they hold that and i believe that this is the last chance for us to see it....

9. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Then it would be a dream documentary movie for me :banana:
    I don't see it happening though, at least not in this movie. I'm sure they are going to focus a bit on the three musketeers, the tentoumu chu! unit and maybe Naanya because they are, well the future of 48G but I think Yuko and the grand formation will be the main focus of the movie. Perhaps next year when the young generations (12 and above) start achieving something significant, then they will get the main spotlight :1st:

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

We still have to get a documentary showing the achievements of 9th gen till 11th (Paruru and Ricchan), so be patient. :D

11. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Well, what actually made people interested at the first place is "AKB" things though. In AKB, there are a lot of girls and you can be one's fan and enjoy being a fan who can be proud to be "x" fan and compare them to others, then we have something called "sousenkyo" that attracts more attention to the fans. Rivalry, achievement, and DRAMA. That's what makes AKB interesting. And when that member "x" left the group, she can choose to live her life freely. In other words, there is no drama anymore. Because it's just her and her life. There won't be news like "Yuko dethroned Acchan", "Tomo-chin hang out with Paru", or "Sasshi helped HKT". When you are alone (being solo) in industry, of course there is just a little to fuss about.

12. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ Yah, but Acchan's biggest scandal actually occurred right after she had left the group and there was a huge fuss about it... the pic of the dude carrying her actually reached meme status in fact. :^^;: But a lot of people actually empathized with her because she had already graduated and it was probably her first experience with that sort of thing. IMO things would have been different if she were still in AKB... but IMO that just shows you how much it changes once you graduate. IMO the AKB48 fans and members are ready to move on from Acchan... it is only the management side that cannot let her go. :fear:

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was always curious about that. It seems she was screaming "I was kicked" or something of the sort... and I wonder if Aki-P or someone actually made her leave. She was, somehow, like the cork in a bottle that is now spilling all over the place. Without her leaving, I doubt things would've changed much. :/

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't think anyone made Acchan leave. She left at that moment because it was the right moment for her. She was 20 (still young) and she got roles in dramas/movies (not related to AKB), she got a solo debut, she did everything she had to do in AKB, and nothing was holding her back (unlike Takamina), so she left since it was the ideal moment for her. She was at the top of her popularity and got lots of attention for graduating at AKB's first Tokyo Dome. all of this made her very relevant to the general public in 2012, and help her transition from AKB to solo while staying successful.

@Sasshiko48 I disagree with you when you say that Acchan's fans and support decrease because she isn't in AKB. Even members in AKB who get to do a solo debut (or subunit) will sell pretty well at first release and then decrease at every release, and this while still being in AKB. Acchan's sales decrease isn't because she isn't in AKB, it's just that she doesn't focus on being a singer, so her sales are now being stable, no increase but just little decrease at every new single, which is normal and expected (unless she releases a song that becomes a hit). Besides, along with Tomochin, Acchan got the highest sales at first week for her first release (+200k) it's obvious it'll go down every release, but she's still selling +40k at her 4th single which is more than other members (in or out of AKB) and this, after having a (supposed) relationship, her fans are still there and supportive. Her concerts did pretty well too. and when you say "The fashion magazine, CF and roles she gets don't show fan support, it just shows that the entertainment industry wants to work with her." Actually if the entertainment industry wants to work with her, isn't it a proof that she's in demand because her projects are successful?

I'm sure any member in AKB would love (and dream) to have a post-AKB career like Acchan. :chuffed:

15. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Yes, it would gave such bigger impact if she were still an AKB member. Because of that "no dating rule", every relationship whether it's true or not are being exposed and exaggerated in a way like they're doing a crime:fp: But when you are a solo, dating or not is your right and it is not called a "scandal".

I totally agree with @Mana . And actually, I don't think there is high chance for ex-member to survive in entertainment world except popular members. It's not like they are not talented or such but yeah...it's like you will start everything from zero again. What's the point being in a group but not popular? *no offense. You need to make yourself valuable. You can't be in an idol group forever. After you graduate, either you want to continue in the entertainment world, pursue your other interests or just be a good wife. For me, since Acchan was the face of AKB, obviously she had bigger chance to stand in the industry. And she does well. Not that great...but quite "well" compared to other ex-member.

16. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Well, Nakayan is doing pretty well nowadays despite of never gotten into management senbatsu (or even under girls) during her days as 48 girl. Although her career is indeed anime-related stuff but she did well and she even gets to make appearance in this year's Animelo Summer Live.

17. elafonza

elafonza Kenkyuusei

I can not wait this documentary. might be interesting. :)

18. janelleski

janelleski Kenkyuusei

i am sooo anticipating the release of this documentary. no flower without rain is really a good one. and i hope that the new one will be even better - i mean, the name itself is already powerful. and i'm hoping that it can deliver.

i think about 20-30% will be about yuko. she's a great member, but she has shown her greatness in the previews documentaries. probably 20-30% sousenkyo? the rest probably the new generation. i'm also looking forward to sashi's story and her 2 peat senbatsu win - goodness, this girl is starting to be one of my biggest oshi.

19. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Acchan is doing very well outside of AKB, she's probably the most successful at the moment among the graduated girls

she has visually a drama/movie/theater project every month, go to awards and conferences and film festivals every fews months so so, get tons of CMs on national TV every month, she always has some sort of project going on, people love her and want to work with her, she just got a big role in the sequel to the famous Eight Ranger movie with kanjani 8, it's pretty huge if u ask me

as she's focusing more on dramas and movies, also that's her dream, her releasing singles and occasionally doing concerts and appearing on shows are like presents to fans that still want her to perform, of course when you don't focus on it, it won't be as successful as when you do, but she's still selling exceptionally welll, selling 50k for a solo single is hard these days especially for solo artists, even legends can't reach that number
    she's selling even more than girls like Tomochin who actually is focusing on music
    so yes, she's doing very well and yes, i bet every girl dreams of having a solo career like Acchan's, afterall, the point is to have a stable career after you grad, you can't be an idol forever

20. DaimonMichiko

DaimonMichiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    agree with @kk127
    Many akb fans are so used to million and hundred thousand sellers that they forget only 3-5 groups can sell more than 100k nowadays!