Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Working in the hellish salt-mines of AKB....jesus wept...:fp:

Yukirin is an "old hag", not one cares what she does now.

The only true thing you've said.

AKB could change....but that would probably mean giving up the theater, the massive cost overhang isn't sustainable without the big spending wota buying HS tickets.

It would also probably mean drastically cutting the number of members (and staff) as they probably wouldn't be sustainable without wota. it would be a bold move.....but it wouldn't be AKB anymore imo.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    Don't expect a Budokan or Tokyo Dome.
    I don't think it's gonna sold out if they actually could afford it.

But I think a TDC Hall at least or Yokohama Arena at most is definitely an option.

3. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yokohama arena holds more people than budokan though... budokan is more prestigious but it is not the largest. And unfortunately they failed to fill almost half of the seats recently. TDC is around 3,1 K while Yokohama Arena is 17-18k, Budokan is 14k, Tokyo dome is 55k

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

Is AKB truly at risk of not existing after this generation? I don’t know the specifics because I’m a casual fan, but I always took it for granted that it was a well-funded machine.

You all are all painting a bit of a dire picture if they can’t afford to give her a proper send-off….

5. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    If I had been AKB48's mgmt, I would have consulted a PR firm instead of letting Mion said what she wanted.
    About 'love ban' rule, I think I had addressed every single points in 3 recent posts.

http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/okada-nana-naachan.5232/page-353#post-1777377
    http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/okada-nana-naachan.5232/page-356#post-1777519 (especially this post)
    http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/okada-nana-naachan.5232/page-357#post-1777590

It depends on performance of 17th and 18th gen.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nogipunch

Nogipunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    I'm so sad, I have become casual fan after original Kami 7 members graduated and only follow AKB because of Kashiwagi Yuki and Okada Nana now. I couldn't care less about her dating.. I just want her to stay in AKB cause she obviously enjoys it a lot.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Just out of curiosity: When it comes to people complaining, how much people actually support their favourite idols? With actual money, not torrenting or being active on forums?

I'd suspect less than the whales do and with considerable margin?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    The situation in Vietnam is very different, as far as I know, most people blame her and Mion for ruining the group. Many either said what Nana did is a betrayal or she lived by the sword and now she died by the sword.

9. solar

solar Kenkyuusei

Am I the only one that thinks Mion’s response was fine?

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

Eh. Have you checked the Japanese Wota reaction? What's moronic when I share a similar sentiment as them?
    (Gist Translation)
    卒業してから彼氏を作る それから新居を探す
    たったそれだけで全てのメンバー、スタッフ、ファンに祝福され卒業コンサートで花道を飾れたはずなのに残念としか言いようがない
    恋は盲目とは言うけど なぁちゃんならそれくらいの順序は踏めると思ってたんだけどな〜

"Get a boyfriend after graduation, then find a new place to live.
    It's a shame, because with just that, she would have been celebrated by all the members, staff and fans and would have made a beautiful entrance at her graduation concert.
    They say love is blind, but I thought Naachan would be able to follow that kind of order〜"
    本当そう!そして岡田さんをそう導いてあげれなかった相手の2.5次元は男として2.5どころかただの3流以下
    "So true! And the other 2.5D man who couldn't lead Okada-san in that way is not only 2.5 as a man, but just a third-class or less."
    本当に彼女のことを想うなら 卒業するまで待ってあげるのが最善ですよね
    しかも親まで公認で新居の内見とかもう何やってんの?って感じです

"If you really care about her, it's best to wait until she graduates.
    What's more, even the parents have given their approval to preview the new house, so what are they doing already? This is how it feels..."

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    The fact that Naachan felt the social pressure to graduate while Nishigata Marina continues to sit pretty in NGT tells us everything we need to know about otaku culture and idol culture.

• Agree x 13
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  12. ric_cr

ric_cr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Uemu - Kyoko - Aruno oshi
    We'll, I know it, the love ban doesn't exist anymore internally and Managers allowed the girls to have a boyfriend as long as they keep it hidden, because if it comes to light, the fans will not forgive it, the fans do not allow that and Nana graduates due to the pressure of the fans, who in the end are the ones who keep these groups afloat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    People have been foretelling the demise of the group since acchan graduated over 10 years ago. Yet here we are looking forward to the 18th generation member debut. Imo there is no single member or even team greater than the product that is AKB48. that said, however, every business could eventually close is the owner/investors decide its no longer worth thier time and no one is around to either takeover or rebrand. But rest assured as long as there is a market for beauty, Japan's idol culture and some vestige of 48-idols will still be around.

An acquaintance of mine recently graduated from Japanese University and participated in Unidol while she was a student. Unidol was/is an intramural competition where different campuses put together their own idol groups and competed. Various idol groups songs were covered by the teams (live vocals, dance, backed by the official intstumental track) and almost always each team closed with a 48 song (Aki-p ftw). In my friend (Mayu Miyazawa currently training to be a voice actor now) case, their song was Sherbet Pink by NGT48! 48=Idol has been ingrained into a entire generation of the general population, (not just fans) just like MM was before

Nevertheless I don't expect or desire to see a proper send off for Nana. And not for monetary reasons either. Good if DH decides to do it but I won't watch it. I don't watch grad cons or even birthday stages and focus cams often unless its somebody I closely follow. Nana is one of the few members I never followed on SNS.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Well, they don't really call him a "scumbag" or a "piece of shit"? And I do notice one comment calling him 3rd class, but that commenter might also be a fool who happens to hold a Japanese passport?

As fun as it might be attacking the man in this story, it is not warranted in this case. Now, if he was nasty character as we have seen in other cases over the years, then it would be, but I haven't heard anything of the sort (so far) - and I would trust Naachan's judgement in choosing her partner.

• Winner Winner x 4
  15. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

In the end, this girl chose her 5-months BF over her 10-year AKB career. With that kind of judgement.. idk .... Let's see where she ends up.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    Also worth noting that their entertainment division seem to have a modern-day rival in the age of the YouTubers. Enter Korekore (コレコレ), which I remembered for exposing the scandals of Narumi Runa (rookie IM@S VA whose cheating scandal was described as NSFW media being reality) and Uruha Rushia (a major vtuber who got kicked out from Hololive for leaking confidential information to him in an attempt to prove her innocence in an alleged scandal, of which caused a huge discourse regarding parasocial relationships on the English-speaking interwebs.)

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    In my opinion, Nana's letter is good, but I did not see a single positive comment about this letter on matome sites ... The number of dislikes in the last video of Yunamogion is huge! Seems like the backlash is even bigger than I thought. :shock:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That one really escalated. Please smell some flowers or whatever.

Nana's statement clearly states that management asked her to stay. There is no official love ban but management refuses to publicly acknowledge this. Nana chose to graduate because, after everything, she still values integrity and respect, and knowing that people don't believe that about her anymore, she obviously doesn't feel she deserves to stay. It's nothing to do with the love ban existing or not, it's just about the public's perception of her.

I would imagine to some degree at least management would want to, but I doubt Nana will consider herself worthy of a gradcon. She's graduating "in shame," and I can't imagine she'd want to exit grandly.

Don't the member's individual agencies sometimes take charge of that? Pretty sure Sasshi's gradcon was organised by her agency, as she even assured people (it was shortly after the NGT scandal and people were uncomfortable with spending money on 48G, so Sasshi assured people it wouldn't go to them).

I could name at least 3 people on this thread who very much blame Nana.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

If you go anywhere other than this forum, she is getting murdered by fans. That's why she handpicked mobame/755 so she can only communicate with her naive, gullible fans.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I’ve been out of the loop with 48g so does anybody here have any video on this moral committee thing that’s at the center of all the hate that’s she receiving?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1