Sexuality Roundup: How do YOU identify?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by MecchaMelon, Apr 4, 2011.

?

How do you identify?

1. Male, 1 - Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Male, 0 - Exclusively heterosexual

79 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. Male, 2 - Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Male, 3 - Equally heterosexual and homosexual.

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  5. Male, 4 - Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Male, 5 - Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. Male, 6 - Exclusively homosexual

23 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. Male, X - Asexual, Non-Sexual

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Female, 0 - Exclusively heterosexual

25 vote(s)
    8.4%
  10. Female, 1 - Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual

25 vote(s)
    8.4%
  11. Female, 2 - Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

15 vote(s)
    5.0%
  12. Female, 3 - Equally heterosexual and homosexual.

19 vote(s)
    6.4%
  13. Female, 4 - Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

21 vote(s)
    7.0%
  14. Female, 5 - Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual

18 vote(s)
    6.0%
  15. Female, 6 - Exclusively homosexual

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
  16. Female, X - Asexual, Non-Sexual

14 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^I agree, it doesn't matter where you stand but how tolerant of others you can be. I find this thread very interesting because I like learning about other people's points of view and experiences, especially because I don't have many people to discuss this with in real life :)

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I was wondering something funny...I hope this is not the first thread new members check after joining S48...otherwise they will be quite surprised... [hehe]

3. caedus

caedus Kenkyuusei

I'm male 0.
    I've always been attracted to girls.
    Although there was a stage in my life when I was living in a boys' dorm and thought things were a bit confusing then.

4. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    So I have a little story, it seems appropriate for this thread.

I have a friend, I'll call her Aa!. Aa! and I play WoW together every day basically, we talk on the phone, we text, we chat. We're interweb buddies, basically. She doesn't live too far away from me either! So yeah, I've known this girl for a year and lately I've been feeling a bit closer to her. Like if she isn't there I get sad, and when she's there we flirt constantly.

Unfortunately I always assumed she was super straight (her upbringing was fundi christian), so I never said anything.

Well, I talked to her about how I felt, how I think about her a lot and find her super cute, but I have a boyfriend blah blah and when she said that the message she was going to send was going to be a long one I figured she was going to reject how I felt. I assumed wrong though :^^;:. Apparently she felt the same as me and didn't want to say anything because of the BF. We're still just friends because I don't cheat, but goddamn I like this girl more than I've liked any other girl :fp:.

And yeah, that's how my first girlycrush in a year turned out.

TL;DR: Assuming someone is straight is not good sometimes and counterproductive. :D

5. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    awww Kinenbi ♥.
    On a side note... I definitely don't want to judge or say what you have to do, but just throwing out there my opinion: if you really do have feelings for this girls, isn't it kind of already "psychologically" cheating on your boyfriend? D: I think you should think through and realize if you care more for him or her... Follow your heart <3
    Personally I'd feel horrible if my girlfriend liked someone else, even if she didn't touch that person. It'd drive me crazy...

6. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Oh no I agree with you, I've talked to my bf about this as well so he's well aware of the situation.

Edit: I can finally type what I wanted to say (I was in class earlier), because I think people may get the wrong impression. I went through the whole cheating stage (unstable relationships/late rebellion/boy crazy), but I've calmed down over the years. I'm NOT going to cheat at all is the point I'm trying to make. I'm just connected to this girl in a strange way, but we're very happy with just being friends. [party]

7. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    WHAT. Why am I just finding this thread today. :O

It's great! Time to revive it after almost a month? :awesome:

Anyways, I voted Female, 2.

I like guys-I do feel physically and emotionally attracted to them-but lately I've been more open to admit to myself that I do like girls too. But still guys a bit more.

Reading a lot of you guys' posts, I agreed with a lot of things Wendychi and Meroron wrote (to give you guys a general idea of how I feel). Etc.

I like sharing things, so here's my experience. Maybe it's a bit long...I know it is. :^^;:
    First of all, I've never even considered liking girls growing up. There was a time in middle school I had friends that liked Yaoi/BL (I hung out with the anime-loving people). Honestly, I remember feeling, "Ew. I love you guys, but wth."

What a foolish youth I was.

By chance I came upon Yuri/GL on the internet one day. Long story short, I...somehow found that different. And I came to like LOVE it. I still don't like Yaoi but I adore Yuri. lol. That's when I began to question my sexuality.

At that time, I could still say I was straight (I couldn't picture myself in relationships whatsoever with girls), I liked guys. I had boyfriends, etc. BUT I had a hobby for Yuri (I read manga, watched anime, fanfics, etc. of any of its genre), and I still do. That's possible, right? lol.

So skip ahead to high school. I was still like I said above, but around my junior year, I got into SNSD. At first, I was totally in love with their music and with them as an artist. I admired the members for their beauty and talents. BUT THEN, I came across fanvideos/stories of member pairings. And my eyes were opened to "REAL" yuri (lol). I got into it so much and I even started to feel attracted to them as people (as in, I wanted certain members as girlfriends; I wanted the suggested romantic affection they showed to eachother...etc.). Eventually that attraction spread to alot of things...

There was a girl in one of my classes that I found myself so smitten with for the rest of my Junior and Senior year. She was totally my type. I never told her about my feelings, but I was content with being friends with her. In senior year, I was elected Secretary for the National Honor Society. She...was elected President. I was elated to get to spend more time with her to say the least. Even after graduation and we went our separate ways, I can still say I have a crush on her. But I know it's not going to happen since she found a boyfriend last time I heard.

But I can now say that I don't mind picturing myself in a serious relationship with a girl.
    Sometimes in my college classes these days, I'll come across an attractive girl or two and I'll just like...admire them. I'd be like WHY ARE YOU SO PRETTY I CANT PAY ATTENTION TO THE LECTURE BUT WHO CARES WHEN YOURE SMILING AT ME RIGHT NOW HAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :inlove:

THEN AKB. OH DEAR AKB. I like all the girls as a fan but I am totally lesbian for Takamina and Acchan.
    Moreso Taka. Definitely. That is all.

But yeah. I used to be a bit of a tomboy, but I've matured into a girly-girl. I like being a girl and I love guys (I still have crushes on them- I squeal when I see their sexy bodies if any, etc.) butttt if I eventually find the right girl (not looking for a relationship right now though)...I'll be just as happy. :) <3

Something like that. Like millions have said before. it's complicated. A little...mmm...alot. IDKKKK. :XD:

8. Ayode

Ayode Kenkyuusei

I put Female, 4. I don't know, I act strange around guys if they try to touch me and I'm not comfortable as a friend with them. I can always see myself with a girl over a guy but sometimes I do look at guys, but eventually I get bored.

9. Drew

Drew Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakanishiyuka
    Female 6, for the moment I didn't find any guy I could be attracted to. My male friends are all gay anyway. :D

10. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

I voted Female 0.
    I fangirl over female idols, but I just admire them a lot. I think oh my gosh, she's so cute! I wish I were as cute/funny/awesome as her!

But I will start to like like guy idols, like Arashi <3 for example. I have had crushes on guy idols before, but I only admire girl idols. Like I have had a huge girl crush before on MM's Michishige Sayumi before because I just admired her so much! Because she is just so cute, and has a nice body (I wish I did ;_;), and she's a great idol. But I never liked her in any other way just than admiration.
    Although I am more into (as in I prefer listening to, watching on TV, etc.) girl idols because I aspire to be like them and I like to look at their fashion, and there just seems to be more girl idols than guy idols also. I've been into the idol world since forever, of course not Japanese idols at first, stuff like the the Spice Girls, NSYNC, and Brittany Spears (before she had all those problems).

I'm not a homophobe though, I support gay marriage too, but I'm just not into the girls that way. I'm not a boy crazy girl though. I have like no interest in dating, but that has more to do with the fact that I'm into Asian guys so I'm not interested in anyone at my school.

11. itsmiina

itsmiina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I chose "Female, 0".
    But I am not homophobic, at all. I say things like, "oh she's pretty/cute/hot/etc." about female celebrities quite often. But it's more like... I'm jealous of them and want to be more like them...?
    Like blesseddisgrace, this is pretty much how I feel.

Although I've had people asking me if I'm a lesbian because I've never dated / had a major crush on a guy before. :awesome:
    In all seriousness though, is it that odd/unnatural to have never have had a boyfriend/major crush before? .___. I'm only 18.

12. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

Once one of my best friends kind of indirectly asked me if I was a lesbian because I don't have a boyfriend, show a desire to get one, or like any guys at our school. '__' Even though she knows I've liked guys before.
    I'm only 16, but I think it's fine not to, I don't want to be pressured into having to go out with someone just because everyone else is doing it. One day the right guy will come along~ There's tons of people that never date in high school.

13. Ayode

Ayode Kenkyuusei

It's okay if you're straight, it doesn't mean that you're homophobic if you don't like girls in a sexual and romantic way.

14. Pocky

Pocky Kenkyuusei

I chose Female, 1

Because I have a boyfriend, and I never had a girlfriend.
    But before I was with him I was really confused about my sexuality, also people asked if I was a lesbian because I hated having a boyfriend, it was so boring, and I never really liked the guys that liked me..

I know now that I just admire girls who are pretty, cute, but I don't think I can fall in love with them, it's not the exact same feelings as I have with boys. People aks me now though if I'm bisexual, because I have pictures of girls on my desktop and I like anime girls.. But I just think girs are so pretty to look at, but I'm not in love with them.

It's confusing so I don't know, I'm just happy with my boyfriend now :^^;:

And at the person who think it's unnatural to never had a boyfriend, it's not! I was also 16 when I had my first majorcrush and boyfriend :blush: Just be patient, and you'll be happier than ever.

15. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    Well I'm here to revive this thread, I guess.

I identify myself as heterosexual but homosexual at times not by coincidence. I say heterosexual because I'm going to be completely honest here, but there are so many attractive women in the 48G lineup it's hard to count. Natsumin, Sayanee, Miichan, Mayuyu, Yukirin, Aya, the list goes on and on. So yes, I'm acknowledging that there are many attractive ladies in AKB48 and their sister groups. Some of them sexually attractive. In fact most sexually attractive.

I say homosexual because there was a time where I had a crush on a guy in my class once. Probably because I saw him as cute, much like AKB48 idols. I am not lying here. It doesn't help that we were friends once, but I unfortunately was too passive aggressive for my own good and now we don't talk anymore. I regret it to this day.

Also, I acknowledge that there are some handsome men out there. That's probably why I answered the poll question the way I answered it.

It doesn't help that I've never been in a relationship, even at 21 years old, but...

16. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I didn't saw that tread already existed!So for me it's female 6!I thought for a sec to put fem 5 because love is love and you never know but I like women and I want to be with a women and I'm not interrested in men!Sorry guys! hé hé ;P But can you blame me when you see that women are so beautiful and all that!Just take a look of the ladies of AKB! :p

17. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Thank you for all the options! Simplification of sexuality is pure ignorance. There's also pansexuality and all, but I don't think there are that many options available lol But I think an "Other" option might come in handy.

And also thank you for reviving this thread haha So, I read a lot of comments here and I thought I should post something, since I think the theme is pretty interesting (Sociology <3) but it's sadly poorly discussed most of the time.

There's a big difference between finding someone attractive and just pretty or handsome. Easiest example: You and one of your family members. You might say "You look good today!" but you don't necessarily feel attracted to that person. Attraction is heavily associated with sexuality and a wish of a possible relationship. A girl can find another girl pretty and a guy can find another guy handsome without being attracted to them, and that's normal. The problem is that, especially with males, say that another male is handsome is stereotyped as "gay". So yes, you might think that some members from AKB are pretty (because they are!) but that doesn't necessarily makes you attracted to them, that's a whole different story haha (Which is my case) Also, your sexuality might change with time. But, again, that's usually stereotyped. If you have a relationship with someone from your same sex, you're automatically considered gay. But we all know things don't work that way, humans are more complicated than that :^^;:

Anyway, classification don't matter at the end. You like what you like and no one can judge that ;)

18. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I don't really like labels but I guess we have to use them sometimes to identify some like in sexuality, race, gender etc.
    Even though I prefer women in all shape and forms, there's no denying that I can also be sexually attracted to the same sex, however not emotionally but since I don't like to label myself, I would say if I ever did fall in love with a guy, I wouldn't feel any shame and what will be will be.
    I'm also attracted to Transgender women.
    Or maybe I'm just totally attracted to femininity.

19. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    I always get X when I do the Kinsey scale thing, so...

20. Hime

Hime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    eclair_tan
    I'm equally homosexual and heterosexual. I don't mind it one way or the other, and I'm completely comfortable saying that.

Been in a relationship with both a guy and a girl before, and they each have their pros and cons but what matters to me most in who I date or feel attracted to above all else isn't physical gender. I tend to dig a little deeper than that, physical attraction is part of that, but I'm the type that likes a non-physical attraction far more than the physical attraction. I know I'm kind of wording this all badly, but what I'm getting at is that what makes a person who they are inside is what I tend to find most important.