Single [SINGLE] Nogizaka46 7th [Barrette] 13/11/27

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by TiduShoko, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Rustyhand

Rustyhand Kenkyuusei

Rina? Ikoma Rina or Yamato Rina? Both of them named Rina^^ (although I know the answer already)

For 2nd gen, personally, I prefer Kyoka or Kotoko or Junna than Miona^^
    It just a matter of taste.

2. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    To me, i only know the difference between a hairband and a hairclip/pin, all else are the same haha [notme]

Hope it would be a cute mv

And i hope tsuki no ookisa has a mv too

3. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    hey, if the title is Barette they written it Baretto in Katakana, but, this is Baretta not Barettto, confused, it's not logic if the title is the Capital of Malta.
    anyway, congrats Ngzk, i wish the song is better than the previous singles [party]

it's mean that they performed it yesterday? but why you said it today with "will also be perofming"?
    if that's true i want the preview from their performances :cute:

4. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem

Think that episode(s) of music fair was recorded yesterday which they performed it then
    And the air date is probably those two dates (hopefully we get 2 episodes of music fair with the girls :D )

And on a side note, i learnt a new word :3
    Never knew what a barrette was, in my country we merely call it hairpin/clip o.o

5. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    News preview for Barrette is out! Cutesy song it is not!
    Thanks to caramujo for the find, & for the most immediate update on news like this one do follow @NogizakaNoUta!
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ppw-kKA-NE[/yt]

So what's the verdict?
    Methink the katana-swinging Maiyan & Naachan's gun-swinging parts were great! The PV gives a heavy NMB feel for me, but actually have a lot more actions than NMB's HA! (which now that I think about it, didn't actually have the girls did any actions lol.) I dislike the seifuku, was hoping for something more well-made like the costumes they wore for the VAMPS' Halloween Party 2013 or for the BBJ special live streaming event. The seifuku does continues Ngzk's usual style however, but they always felt a bit too simple & cheap for me..

As for positioning, I rly do think having Miona centering this song is quite out of place. The Maiyan/Nanamin w-front position at the beginning of the PV felt much more fitting for me than the later revealed Miona solo centre. Her presence also felt lacking compared to Maiyan, Naachan, & Nanamin. Of course the news preview focused on the three's action parts, but I think this is also true for the dancing part. A more cutesy song would have been much more suitable for Miona than this cooler one methink. Looking at the reaction on Twitter, I think there's a consensus that her presence was lacking & that this song don't quite fit her too. Maybe this will change comes the full PV tho.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Re: [SINGLE] Nogizaka46 7th Single [TBA] '13/11/27

I kind of like the song... quite much? lol
    It has this old-style feeling. More like the beginnings of AKB or Onyanko Club. It's fun! :D

I think Miona is being "correct" but there's nothing special about her performance here. At the beginning of the preview I thought that maybe they had changed their mind, but nope! lol
    I don't think the management chose her as the center because she was better than the rest, but more to create a fuzz around it (like we've seen here lol) and, to some extent, to force the fans into putting an eye on the 2nd gen.

I have no idea. :XD:
    Its origin is on the North of Spain... and that's that. [speechless] lol

7. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Hmmm...i love the PV....but I'm indifferent on Miona. She's not Slutshihara-shoved-in-your-face annoying....but nothing special either.

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Considering how little of the pv was shown, it's too early to make an opinion on Miona, anyone who already did obviously did it with bias.

9. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    _____

_____

_____

I do agree with some of you guy's opinions about Miona, heres my take after watching just the preview.

I agree that Miona isn't that out of place as center from the video, but she doesn't really stand out as the center, as quoted from rust, her presence and expression does not really stand out as center. The set for the MV also seems a little cheap IMO, maybe they spent more of the production budget on the extras and props and special effects (I do hope so).

From this preview alone, i feel that they're just using her to create buzz. Why?
    Because from the preview alone, her role doesnt reaaaaally seem that of a main character, being the center she maybe should have given a more "heroine" role, although it might not have suited her thats why she was given the hostage role as she seems more of the "fragile-save-me" type.

And are my eyes deceiving me or is that the seifuku that they wore for the period of 4th single? I believe that a more dark-ish seifuku would be more awesome to fit the song, something like the kishidan expo event costumes or the vamps event or even yesterday's bad girls j costumes (that would be a dream come true :cute: )

Or maybe they wanted to portray the scenario as such that normal seeming girls wearing school uniforms can become badass to save their comrade? o_O
    We never know till the full mv is out :lol:

To conclude this, i really hope that once the full mv is out
    1) Miona's presence in the MV would be much more than now, as for now, (taking into account that at the start of the preview, it was maiyan & nanamin center and Miona moved in front to center position) it seems like she ''accidentally'' moved into center position more than she was meant to be center (Not sure if anyone agrees with me about this, opinions please)

2) Hope we get a longer MV like kimi no na wa kibou, i feel the plot has potential to be made into a short drama (Hopefully thats where their budget went)

Annnnd, lastly, not related to the main song, but i do hope the 2nd gen gets their own song with an MV :)

10. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    I agree its early, & admit I do have pre-conceived opinion to this whole arrangement, but my points are legitimate I think based on what I have seen thus far. Of course this might change comes the full PV.

I thought it look liked the seifuku from Mannequin too lol. Recycling past costumes don't seems like a great idea tho methink. Might be okay if its a great costumes like those recent temporary ones, but the Mannequin seifuku are rly simple & bland for me, not something I particularly liked unfortunately. But I rly don't understand why the recent temporary costumes all look so much more detailed & well-made than their formal performance costumes tho.

11. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    @rust: I agree on your last point. They seem to be spending more on 1-off performance costumes than the actual MV or Nogidoko seasonal uniforms. Even though they might want to preserve the seisou ojousama-kei uniforms, they should actually have better choices imo, although that the seifuku no mannequin uniform is one of my favs, i rather see variation and new uniforms :x

Also, the PV for barrette is out! Region limited tho :X
    And im not at home so i hafta wait to watch it .. oh the wait is keeling me!!

On A side note, its 9mins30secs, hope there would be some kinda plot to it :)
    Cant really tell until i watch it tho :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bteM6Z7dOCU

12. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
  13. Ahjuju

Ahjuju Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Omg what did I just watch. I really like the song, its actually quite catchy and I wasn't expecting the 7th single to sound like this. The choreography was better than what I expected. Action scenes were a plus, Naachan's scene was so O__O amazing! I lovelovelove Maiyan's scene too. I couldn't help but laugh whenever Sayurin showed up though [hehe] especially with her choice of weapon. Regarding Hori, I liked her acting scenes. During the singing cuts, I think she needs to work on being more expressive with her eyes? It seems like she's just there filling in the center and lacking presence, but I'm sure eventually she'll develop her own aura.

Also I'd like to add how badass Wakatsuki was, I had to do a double take when she pulled out her gun and went bangbang.
    OMG THAT ENDING MAIYAN NOOO :cry:

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm liking the song~ I think with more listening I'll like it more ;D as for the pv, it's just awesome!! I love seeing the girls fighting and they look so cool with guns etc. I also like the storyline.

I really didn't expect the ending!! I thought they'll just all leave happily (lol) but then Maiyan fell and I'm like "omg Maiyan!!! no!!!" unexpected XD but it makes the pv more interesting. Love it~

I think Maiyan's fight is one of the best parts, Nishino's scene is so cool as well *-*, and Sayuringo's part in the stairs, she looks awesome and fun at the same time XD and the scene with Ikuchan acting cute <3 and Ikoma being innocent, then Myumyu's serious voice >///< actually all of them did great~ as for Miona I think she did pretty well for her first time, even though she's center I don't forget that this is her first experience so I can't judge her too much, she did well~

15. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

16. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    So for those of you that have watched it already, here's a poll just for fun! XD
    http://strawpoll.me/629064

As for my personal thoughts:
    I quite like the fighting scene! I guess its needless to say how awesome Maiyan & Naachan's part were. XD
    Ikuchan's seduction part was so~ ;///;
    That dude experienced heaven & proceed to experience hell thanks to Wakasama lol.

As for the story, from what I understand basically that cartel kidnaps pretty girls & turns them into statues for sell, hence what happened to poor Bebitan in the beginning. Seems like all the back-senbatsu girls got turned into statues. Poor girls. ;A;

Miona was gonna be auctioned off too it seems, so she called for help. The fukujins came in & kicked everyone's ass. & then, biggu shocku! Miona shot Maiyan~ ;A;
    & proceed to got shot by every other fukujins.

I'm guessing Miona was always in collusion or part of the cartel, hence you could see her standing there at the beginning of the PV while poor Bebitan was strapped to the chair. So the plan was to get the fukujins there to make more pretty girl statues for sell, but instead the whole gang got taken cared of by the fukujins instead lol. This explanation put some sense into the story, but Miona still didn't need to have shot Maiyan. But I guess PVs don't need to make complete sense tho lol.

The girls' acting were superb methink! Bebitan did a good job struggling & screaming at the beginning imo, & later on the fukujins acted their part well too methink. Maybe this is the result of all the small-role drama acting & stage practices! The dances looks better than anything pre-Garuru for me. I still think Miona looks a bit awkward tho, be it acting or dancing. It make sense really since she is the least experienced. But being the centre one will be put under greater focus naturally.

17. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    Darn all these comments make me wanna rush home to watch the MV T-T

Jealoussss just a few hours more till i end work!! [sealed]

18. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Center role would be more suitable for someone with actual acting abilities....like iunno Ikuchan?

I mean Miona's pretty and all but she's like Jennifer Lawrence in the Hunger Games....except even more stoned. They could've let her center a different song....cause this is really out of character and awkward. Rest of the PV was awesome though. Song's great as usual.

19. kabuki

kabuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    this MV is superb. like the song like the story and at the ending.

Maiyan with sword reminds me of Saki a charactor of OneChanbara videogame

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Damn, that was fast. :XD:

Alright, I'm in love with the song. :inlove:

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!
    HOW COULDTHEY END A PV LIKE THAT?! [shock] [boom]

Now I want a movie out of this. [hehe]