Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Thanks for the heads-up. Threads that obviously break the rules (ie. the last one you linked) are such that should not remain open, but other old threads kind of get buried and die on their own as they get surpassed by more vital threads.

We're trying to stay up-to-date by moving threads to correct places (ie. I cleaned the "Forum Projects" subforum yesterday by moving old projects to "Finished" subforum), but sometimes our resources are limited and we don't notice everything immediately. At those times you can try tagging us ie. in this thread or sending us a PM.

2. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I just wanna ask (again) if the creation of MNL's subforum is underway

3. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    It's one of the points on the to-do list that's been scheduled for after the SSK - we shall start on the maintenance as soon we can. We appreciate your patience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Seems like this Slacker guy is a bit jumpy with his e-vendetta™ today for some reasons... ┐(´ー`)┌
    capt.PNG

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I have to say, I use the like button a loooooooot more than the dislike button. I have used it though, four times now, but that's nothing compared to 344 likes, 104 agrees, 37 winners and 81 informatives... I agree with rka, there's no point really in disliking someone's post cause when I see someone disliked or disagreed with a post of mine, I always wonder... what is it about my post that bothered you? You could've just told me, it's not very informative

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I once received an "old" rating for some completely random post I'd written months ago. I thought technically I couldn't really complain, but still.

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's like having a ringside seat to a living delusion.

You're a better man than me. There are numerous reasons for giving a dislike including when someone is being a douche and when someone is insane.

On the other hand, having a negative opinion can be enough to get you a bunch of dislkes, like saying someones new single is bad is enough for at least 5 dislikes. Saying Jurina looks like a 35 year old soccer mom is good enough for a couple of dislikes at least.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

after receiving a notification about mods bothered about dislikes... just switch them off, if you don't want to waste your time, because some people just don't have a common sense to use them properly and dislike everything they see about member/user/group/whatever they don't like.

besides, dislikes don't really make sense. the likes are self explanatory - you like when you like/agree with something, so you don't have anything more to add and just like so you don't have to litter the forum with "thank yous and agrees". but if you dislike it means that you disagree with something and actually have something to say against it, so disliking without saying anything kinda kills the whole purpose of the forum, which should stimulate discussions not some childish "dislike wars".

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Actually I think the dislike function can serve a useful purpose. It can allow someone to register their disapproval of a post without starting off a flame war or diverting a thread unnecessarily. I'd imagine more moderator time is wasted dealing with fallout from thread "fights" than from dislikes. I think the dislike function can act as a pressure release for contentious threads.

What annoys me is when I see an account with no posts handing out dozens of dislikes, it seems like a privilege that is unearned. To that end perhaps the dislike function could be turned off until someone reaches a certain post count.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

^ that's in an ideal world. Right now I see more harm from random dislikes of the most harmful or even useful posts, which in the worst case scenario could discourage someone from posting, because being a target of some weird hater isn't really why we come here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Honestly I'm just not seeing it as that big of a problem. People need to just deal with the fact that some stuff they say might be disliked and get on with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Actually since there are new mods put into work now, how come no one is assigned to do a certain task or mod for a specific board?

For example, if someone dips to mod the NGT board then the problems in that board is his or her responsibility and other mods don't need to intervene directly or immediately.

Or like be even more general for example someone can be responsible for updates, the other can deal with complains, or have one mod deal with like/dislike issues?

Right now idk who is actually doing stuff and who is not. I really think the mods need to have an accountability system that is transparent to the public.

13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Quite simply, every mod has jurisdiction over every part of the forum. But before taking action on a serious issue we all make sure we are on the same page with one another, no matter where the issue is located. It really can't be any more transparent than that, and I hope that helps assuage your concerns.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    These are in fact the two biggest problems with the deliberate use of the dislike button, which makes it senseless in the end.

15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

These are issues that should be able to be finessed, no point in drastic measures for relatively minor problems.

16. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Well, let's see if something will be made in this regard. Until then, I stand for what I said.

17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I have had mod experience too in other forums before and the system there was like there were 2 ultra mods (Experienced) that overseas everything in the forum and for smaller boards there were the regular mods (Newbies) who deals with daily complains and suggestions. When people were upset about the regular mods decision then they could report to the ultra mods for reviews which makes the whole process efficient, fair and transparent. And the newbie mods gain experience by actually handling cases by themselves which gains them reputation or else they could be fired or simply just retire themselves for other people who wants to contribute in their beloved section/board.

And the system has been running itself like that for years so it regenerates new blood and better discussion quality.

You are talking about times during the serious issues happens but the focus I am talking about is that you guys are obviously having a harder time to tackle smaller problems such as these likes/dislikes issues. Because its time consuming to come to an agreement on a minor decision every single time. That's why the accountability system I am suggesting comes in is to actually hands off some of the authority + responsibility to individual mods and trust their judgement would be best for the situation so that many minor issues/conflicts can be solved timely and efficiently. (Same goes for forum board organizing and updating requests etc). A general guideline of handing out punishments for rating system abuses should be made so that everyone is on the same page in that way. Which I suggest you guys should be start thinking about, but if you guys have already something else planned then great.

I mean the rating system is something that ithebigc came up with then I think there should be some regulations on making the experience of this system nice and fun for everyone. And it has been around for a while now, so it should be time due for a review and patching.

Or else just shut the whole thing down to get rid of the extra workload off you guys shoulders. Just my own opinion as I am observing the situation now.

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Oh I don't know, not everything needs to be sunshine and lollipops you know, it's just those using it in an extreme way need to be educated.

Oh and how about not letting members block other members from seeing their profile, that seems to be a function I've only seen trolls use.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    So you volunteer to go educate them or what?

Same shea with toxic players in online games.

LoL, PUBG and all the games out there in the world often do self review and patching of their own system. It's not like we have to stick to this situation for the rest of our lives. Why not actively deal with it.

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

What's with the passive aggressive?

I'm not a mod, I have zero power to influence anyone here. But if people are listening then I think "Don't be a douche" is a pretty understandable message.

• Agree Agree x 2