The CONFESSION Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by yic17, Feb 4, 2012.

1. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

^
    What happened to you? Did someone hack into your account or something...

2. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    ^ I can't help it, I mean look at these!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It'd be a crime to not drool over those :drool:

3. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

^
    Yeah... But you loved Sashii so much! yic wouldn't be happy to see this :hehe:

4. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

^ I still do, :lol:

It's just I think I'm not gonna have just one oshimen anymore, and instead have two. :awesome:

5. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    - I confess I was seriously irritated when a self-proclaimed Sasshi oshi said he wants to oshi another girl only because he finds her "sexy" and quote "I mean her legs... They're... better than Sashii's, :drool:" ... honestly disappointed ... *sigh* ...

6. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    - I confess that with Yukirin and Rena, I dont need any another oshis :^O^:

7. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

I'm sorry yic, I'm sorry! :cry: but, come on yic! Nattsu is like the equivalent to Rena for me, :lol:

8. KyuketsuNyanNyan

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    You shalt not use my Rena's name as a sheild for your acts, that I cannot allow :)

I kid, I kid :awesome: (or do I? :hehe: )

9. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    *sigh* ... swap Rena with Wasamin .. and you may have yourself a case. ;)

10. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

^sasshi avatars are beginning to decrease,,, :lol: :lol:

11. KyuketsuNyanNyan

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Strange, no one noticed my error in my post above :hehe:

- I confess that this conversation is amusing me :awesome:

12. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

I've decided to not have a double oshimen, and instead just keep my tan-oshii as Sashii, it just makes life easier for me when I'm deciding how many voting tickets I should spend on my oshimen.

And so don't worry, the faith is still strong in this one. :awesome:

Btw, yic... I noticed your avatars not Sashii anymore... (don't think you won't go unnoticed :lol: )

13. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    - I confess that I do not want Mr. Tomokazu to oshihen away from Sasshi.

... at least not before the election. [hehe]

14. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday
    - I confess that I wish the AKB fandom was more female driven. Firstly because I am used to fandoms dominated by female fans, so I was kind of weirded out when I found out AKB has so many male fans ( and to be completely honest I thought it was kinda creepy how guys drooled over the girls, especially when some of them are underage. I know they're not like that tho now, at least the ones I came across with as spending some time in the fandom). And secondly because I hate how the girls are not even allowed to have a boyfriend ( or girlfriend coughmayukikojiyuucough :^O^: ) . I mean, it's even considered a scandal if they dated before AKB! WTF! I didn't know they were recruiting nuns :wall: I blame this on the male fans as a whole. I'm sure if the majority of fans were females there wouldn't be such problem.

- I confess that I'm jealous of everyone who has met the girl at handshake events or has gone to concerts/the theater, while I'm stuck on the other side of the planet.

- I confess it's really frustrating knowing there are so many 48family related variety shows but I can't watch them because I don't understand Japanese. So, after I finish high school next year I will hire a tutor to learn Japanese probably. But still I want to watch the show know dammit!

- I confess that the moment I dare to say I don't like a girl, for some weird reason, I immediately start liking her. For example when I first saw Yukirin I thought she was horrible but now I ADORE her. Same thing for Mariko and Rena. And Yui and Kojiharu.
    Does this mean I migt start liking Kaoru now? :yikes:

- At first I thought Takamina was the hottest AKB member but know I think it's Yuko.

- For some reason, everytime I see Acchan, I get the vibe that she is depressed or something. She has like these eternally sad eyes. lol. I don't know. I just get the feeling she's a really lonely person.

- I confess that I hate the mere existence of boy bands. I feel very protective over girl groups and I hate how so many teenage girls pay attention only to boy bands just because they're hot or something.

- I confess that I don't have an oshimen. The girls are so many and so different and so interesting and I love them all so much and I just can't rank my love for people.

15. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Well, that is the norm in idol business in Japan. Most of the fans of idols are male, and yes they do occasionally drool over the girls (including admittedly myself) but it is not all they do. And yes dating is an absolutely no-no - at least in AKB's case it is clearly spelt out to them. As for girlfriend, actually I think they would tolerate it as long as they don't do it in open. As for dating before AKB, I think it is not considered a scandal by itself but it would turn into a problem if physical evidence of intimacy was found later. But I am not sure if the girl needs to disclose her love history before she joins though.

In fact things may not be better if a fandom is female driven. Johnny's boy idols are not allowed to have girlfriend either (at least not until they grow old and famous like SMAP does) and it would be considered a scandal if they were found dating.

16. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday

Don't get me wrong, I'm as lesbian as they get and I sure do drool over the girls too. But really what I meant was the more pervert male fans. I find them creepy and if I was idol I wouldn't be comfortable knowing there are fans like that out there.

And I think your example is kind of off. Of course Johnny's Ent boys are not allowed to date. They are in the same situation with the AKB girls. As male fans don't want to see the girls dating, with the same logic female fans don't want the boys to date either. But I don't think female fans would have a problem with the girls dating simply because they wouldn't care. And male fans shouldn't care either. But unfortunately they do. Some fans, and let me add very delusional ones, think they are dating them or something. I mean, is there really any reason to be jealous over a girl who doesn't even know your existence or even if she does she doesn't remember your name or doesn't care one bit about you? If these people were true fans they would want to see the girls happy. Of course I'm not saying all male are like that. I actually believe like 95% of them are normal fans who just love the girls but I think there is no denying to the fact that there is also the pervy kind which is kind of creepy.

17. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

^ pervy fans are inevitable specially when a group is so popular.. :^^;:

anyway,if i were an idol like akb, and fans are dreaming of me,
    i´ll just ignore it, i dont know him, we are not close friend or something, just drool with my picts. pervert! :lol: :lol:
    and being an idol, should understand things like this,

like me,if i see one of my fav. idol like sasshi in a bikini, i dont drool like this :drool: ,, :lol:
    i just treat it as a bonus,, ;) ,,dreaming having a date with your idol is normal for us fans,,
    but dreaming in another level, uhmmm.. :hmm: ,, i cant imagine that... :yikes:

overall, we have our own personalities on how like/deal with our idols.. [think]

18. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Well, while I agree with your point, the crux of the matter is still that idols attract mainly fans of the other gender, and I think the reason has something to do with the biology. Female may not mind girls dating, but they do not form the fan base of idol girl groups. So the question is more about not having fans that are of the same gender of the idols than whether it has enough female fans. And yet it seems to be the nature that idol girls would attract male fans and idol boys would attract female fans -- so it is difficult to see how you can get more female fans for idol girls or male fans for idol boys.
    Well, I remember when I was a school kid, I also had this feeling of infatuation with idols and I would get really upset if I heard the idol actually has a boyfriend. You can say I was immature and childish then, but that was a true feeling coming from myself -- now they call it "virtual love experience", and AKB is not shy in promoting that experience further with "virtual dating video" or "dating game with AKB" etc. The question is: if you want to sustain such an image, does it make better sense that the girl is not dating or known to have boyfriend? Besides, it is not as if the girls come in without knowing what restrictions they need to accept - it may sound draconian but it is also straightforward and clear-cut (so easy to understand and implement).

19. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    I believe it was recently shown that same-sex relationships were also banned within AKB48. I couldn't find the Stage48 thread where we discussed it, but I found this article which mentions it and links to the video from where this was brought up. Since you understand Japanese, perhaps you could watch the video to see what they say.

Anyway, this is the CONFESSION thread, and I believe forum members should be free to come in here and CONFESS whatever they wish, without having to defend their case afterwards.

If you want to discuss the "no dating rule" further, I suggest you move that talk over to this thread which is dedicated to it.

20. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

This is what I mean when I said the girls were told about the restriction clearly when they entered AKB.
    For same-sex relationship, I did not dispute that they are prohibited, but I wanted to say that my guess is that it is much more likely to be tolerated as long as you don't show it openly, and same-sex relationship is also much easier to hide: Who would question 2 girls staying together in an apartment, for example? But big question if a man stays in a girl's flat overnight (this is exactly where Okaro / Akimoto Sayaka got into trouble earlier).
    I don't mean to stop people from making confession, but I also want to clarify any view that may be rooted from misunderstanding. That's it.