The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Congratulations...? :^^;:

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Thanks...? :fear:

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ I meant... I don't know why you not being in the fandom two years, has anything to do with a now-20-yo Anchu doing a YT vid from when she'd just turned 18? :^^;:

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Simply means that I didn't follow any 48G 2 years ago hence I missed that clip, and recently picked it up and posting it here.

5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ :confused:

Okie-doke lol... sorry, didn't mean to annoy you. I post all kinds of stuff elsewhere, regardless of if I was in that particular fandom at the time or not.

Anyhow... thanks for the clip, it was funny.

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

O.J granted parole

if the video does not show watch the video here

8. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
  9. Suii

Suii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Wow...this is sad. I loved LP when I was like 13 years old. So many great memories... I hope he found his peace, where ever he is now. :(

10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

So it looks like I may have a few candidates for a V6 Camry for my mother. :chuffed:

Another one I'd been considering is an older Lexus ES350 for the right price... which'd mean no CPO status, but also rarer and will not be as pristine shape as Camrys for the money I'm willing to let go. She'd like the leather and more quiet and a better stereo to listen to her enka music... but it'd be used so I wouldn't have a coronary as if I'd spent $35K for a CPO. Used RX330/350 is another possibility, though considerably more money as it's more popular.

BMW, M-B, and Audi are overpriced maintenance nightmares compared to Toyota / Lexus, not for a put-gas-go-until-broken driver like Mom. And Acura makes nothing for her used either... Infiniti, nope... never going to own a Nissan, even if they're tons better under Renault than pre-merger...

If I was into floating living rooms like the ES and LS series... I'd probably grab this one, if it actually is what the seller says it is. Always a pleasure figuring *that* out, esp if they play dirty and bring their wife and kids out to greet us while I inspect their car. :rolleyes:

11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Long time not following Linkin Park but I feel lost with passing of Chester Benington, one of best musicians in his generation.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  12. ABF48

ABF48 Member

rip chester, one of the best vocalist in the world, your iconic voice will never be forgotten.

i thought that lp will be more active after releasing their lastest album, rlly didnt expect such thing to happen, esp after i saw mike in react channel and i thought everything just seems fine.

i'm more into mcr, but an act like lp will be alwys such a classics for me, part of childhood *i miss 2000s music tbh

13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    持ち上げて
    解き放して

RIP Chester

Yeah it's lyrics of Linkin Park. The song is Jornada del Muerto from 2010 album A Thousand Suns. The lyrics translate to "lift me up, let me go" which is a part of lyrics of The Catalyst, lead single of the album.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  14. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Well looks like 3 of the V6 Camry candidates for my mother fell through -- these aren't the most popular Camrys (the 4-cyl one has better mpg so easier to sell)... but even the 3.5L V6 models disappear like tears in rain if you aren't already racing to the seller, cash in hand. :shock:

One of them was a 5-spd manual version(!!!)... which if I was a Camry tuner :lol: I'd go for. 276-hp V6 with a 5-spd manual? That thing would eat lots of so-called sports cars in a straight line... and only in a straight line. :whistle:

So far it's only one Lexus ES350 for sale around here, and it's quite far away... we'll see if any dealers close by have end-of-summer deals on ESes as well.

--

She comes back from her vacay to Japan tomorrow... I'll give her the surprise announcement then. Have my friend's Element to help work on tomorrow (changing transmission fluid -- if you think the coolant situation is bad... :shock: ). Also have some volunteer work to do for a co-op so no clients for bodywork either. Nice change of pace... just hope Colton's Element doesn't have a transmission problem that requires a rebuild... *looks for chunks of metal in the old fluid*. :fp:

15. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm not a fan of Linkin park, but I really like some of their songs... R.I.P.

16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Just found out while at the airport waiting for my mother to return from Japan... that she was still in Japan. :blink:

Called me after waiting curiously for more than an hour after her flight landed... apparently the Japanese ground crew found some fault with the 767-300ER during flight inspection... and was downed until the fault could be fixed, meaning all its passengers were going to spend the evening put up in a hotel at the airline's expense. So instead of in the afternoon... I'll be picking her up at 4am. :whistle:

As a former software tester for the iterative logistics software system that Boeing uses to manage parts flow for the airline industry... even when there are lots of parts waiting at the airport before a plane lands needing maintenance (that's the purpose of the tool)... if the problem was outside a certain severity level, then if parts are needed they have to be shipped from the closest source, in this case another major airport in Japan. Then the required work must be done, redundancy and prelim testing, then inspection. If checklists are signed off, only then is the airline notified to contact customers. Having worked with Japanese contacts, they were probably adamant about following every checklist to the letter... and that finally found a critical fault (anything that takes a plane out of service carrying passengers, is obviously going to eat money... so I can see why this may've been overlooked up until now)...

TL;DR -- I can understand when my mother's international flight is grounded, even if I have to wake up when it's still dark to get my mother home. Can't take sensible inconveniences like that personally -- the alternative is unthinkable. :chuffed:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    2+ million views in 4 DAYS!?! Not to mention it's their first MV to be a YouTube ad!

Is EBIDAN ready to compete with Johnny's and Exile Tribe? The members themselves are requesting Music Station appearance!

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Linkin Park is one of most amazing band for me because I think they can play various musical genres. They had played alternative, metal, hip hop, & electronic musics.

The Hunting Party, released 2014 was their heaviest album, One More Light, their latest album released this year (2017), the year Chester Bennington dies, is their most pop album that gains critiques even from their own fans. Meanwhile, in my point of view, A Thousand Suns, released 2010 was their most experimental album.

Will Linkin Park hire new vocalist? Actually Chester wasn't the band original vocalist. The band's original vocalist was Mark Wakefield, he provided vocals for band's demos. Mark decided to end his musical career in 1998. Later Mike & co held an audition and they found Chester.

If they think Chester is irreplacable, maybe Mike can become the band's sole vocalist but Mike can't scream so the band's future releases won't feature screams. Or maybe, they can hire vocalists of other famous bands to be guess vocalists. System of A Down's Serj Talkian can be good. Just like when Queen asked Guns & Roses' AXL Rose to be their vocalist, years after Freddie Mercury's death.

Yeah, this is what in my mind about Linkin Park now. Let's see what Mike & others will do.

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Marvel's Defenders trailer 2

it will launch on Aug 18th 2017

20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Other bands that have played various genres:

Radiohead: alternative, grunge, electronic, experimental, IDM, art rock, ambient, post-rock, jazz, classical.
    Muse: alternative, progressive rock, space rock, hard rock, electronic, dubstep, funk, rnb, classical.
    Coldplay: alternative, britpop, baroque, shoegaze, electronic, EDM, disco.
    Any other?

AKB48 GROUP CAN PLAY MANY GENRES TOO!