1. Because I will be attending the actual sousenkyo in Okinawa, rka is conducting our exit poll in my place as he did two years ago. Click here to let us know how you're voting in this year's sousenkyo and why!
  2. Results for our 10th annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. David61

David61 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Frightening dashcam footage from a bus in Japan being hit by a car jumping the central barrier of an expressway:

2. kakalich

kakalich Kenkyuusei

logged into stage48 after a long time hiatus just to see what happened to miichan :gavel:
    (actually I lost into stage48.com :^^;:)
    nothing special *go hide again* :fear:

3. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Guess what Meltzer said?
    "this was better than the first one"
    "one of the best shows he'd ever seen"

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    NHL yawn~~~~~~

NBA yawnnn~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This year for sports is pretty boring tbh :rolleyes:

Maybe I should start watching Japanese baseball...

5. CutePanda

CutePanda Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Have any of you guys watched this before lol

7. Trinu

Trinu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Yeah, that's like... 2 years old? :^^;:

8. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Watched it a few months ago and came across it again today ad so just sharing it. Lol

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

9. Trinu

Trinu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I'd say it was even subbed at some point.

Anyway, CAN'T WAIT FOR RUPAUL'S FINALE NEXT WEEK!!!

#TeamSasha

Yes, ma'am, I'll take that dollar.
    Doesn't even matter, I'm a Fulbright Scholar.

:worthy:

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    TheForestFuller
  11. CutePanda

CutePanda Kenkyuusei

i hope we dont have to go to the scorecard on this pay-per-view :lol:

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
  13. CutePanda

CutePanda Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  14. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi
    "Frogfoot" claim it

15. ABF48

ABF48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    sashi china vote confirmed around 33K probably more, while mayu around 30k-35k.

japan i lost my source, so i didnt get my usual info. if anything boii, sashi will win this year again

edit : now that i look at sashi china camp, their number is highly increased. i began to think that they might play much bigger role in sashi's win last year, but that'll contradict my data. well, its either they really working hard for this year, or its my source from last year that lied to me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  16. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oba Mina
    I think Stage has nearly died due to the SSK traffic and postings.

17. karles48

karles48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Myabe it was due to this, instead...OMG, you guys used to sing far better... :^^;:

(starts at around 03:00)

18. ryandtw

ryandtw Kenkyuusei

Bothell (Seattle), Washington, United States
    Oshimen:
    Matsumura Sayuri
    Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    If this year's AKB48 election was a mess, so does Le Mans. Fortunately Porsche won, but it was not what I expected...the lead #1 car blew the engine in the final hours of the race! At a time the lower-classed LMP2 was leading the pack, but the sister #2 car - which had problems very early in the race (fortunately) was able to climb up the pack from 56th (!!!) all the way to the lead with an hour to spare.

I've got to feel bad about the Corvette though - they were leading in the final minutes of the race, only to give up the victory to Aston Martin in the final lap, and even worse, a tire puncture... (>_<)

Oh well, another Sasshi win in the AKB48 election = another Porsche win at Le Mans. Now I'm enjoying a vacation in Mexico (south of Cancun this time), though I'll still be here at Stage48 pretty much nightly...

...hopefully we don't max out the Stage48 site bandwidth for the month before the month ends.

19. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I've never seen it this bad... seems like the site drops off every hour a few times. Hopefully these are teething problems of upgraded resources and not overworked ones...

--

Came here to post about something that was made a big deal about in the 8th SSK: Sasshi's winning vote count, and a hidden meaning in the numbers.
    (didn't want to post this in the SSK thread, since it's heated enough in there without cooking someone else's keg off about yet another issue :p )

Her 2016 final count was 243011, which backwards -- 110342 -- can be read as 'ichi-i wo sasshi ni' (1=ichi; 1='i' rank, place; 0='wo' grammar particle; 3='sa'; 4='shi'; 2='ni' of), or "1st place is Sasshi's".

So immediately, I began to see if this year's final counts had anything interesting to say, using this same method. Esp as this SSK was nothing if not a literal roller coaster ride of military guard duty (long stretches of boredom punctuated by brief moments of terror)... we'll see if this common Japanese fun soothsaying trick has anything cool in the numbers...

Right away, there seemed to be something weird in Sasshi's 2017 count...

246376 --> 673642 --> mu na san mu shi ni --> munasan = 'heart, feelings' (胸三寸 munasanzun); mushi = 'disregard, ignore' (無視 mushi), ni = 'that' (に).
    So the reading would be 胸三無視に, interpreted as 'the heart ignores' / 'ignore the feelings/heart'

Both those interpretations have quite different sentiments, though. You could say this SSK was about how passion gets formerly unknown idols all the way to the top on the backs of the fanbase -- there were many examples in the 80, including a first-SSK senbatsu (Hinatan) and a 90-place jump into K7 (Ogiyuka). The heart ignores the barriers to its desires...

More closely to Sasshi however, is the other read: 'ignore the feelings'. This is Sasshi's sealing win -- 2015's was regaining her position as Queen, 2016 was proving 2015 wasn't a fluke... but 2017 was burying all doubt that Sasshi is the most dominant SSK idol ever. So her constant antis who have from the very start sown dissent and doubt in the fandom, and the casual fans who also felt she didn't conform to the standard of what an idol is, have finally been totally silenced with this sanrenpa win. This was the one where she can finally 'ignore the feelings' of those doubters and chiselers, let their efforts to define her drop away, and forge ahead assuming this to be true in everyone's eyes, not just her faithful.

Other fun readings:

Mayuyu's 149132 --> 231941 --> ni san i ku(ru) shi i --> 2, 3位, 苦しい --> '2nd, 3rd place, agonizing'. Mayu was 2nd or 3rd ever since her 2014 win.

Jurina's 113615 --> 516311 --> go i ro(u) mi ichi i --> ご慰労, 見1位 --> 'recognizing your service, watch me go for 1st place'. Jurina's classic SSK speech.

Ogiyuka's 73368 --> 86337 --> mu ro(u) san mi na --> 無労, 賛見な --> 'without effort, you won't see praise'. Ogiyuka's mission statement. Interestingly, '賛' can be read as 'inscription on a painting'.

Mion's 35201 --> 10253 --> i rei ni itsu mi --> 威令に, いつ見 --> 'authority, when will I see it'. Her Tomu-like denial from senbatsu... when will she assert.

This one was (of course), really interesting...

Ririka's 31779 --> 97713 --> ku na na itsu mi

'kuna' (9 7) can be short for 'kunagai' (婚, marriage); 'kunai' (苦無, an old tool for digging or prying); or 'kunan' (苦難, trial by suffering). The first two are archaeisms that bookish Ririka is fond of. But put in the context of who she is an how she expresses herself... it sounds like someone younger addressing someone older, but without honorifics -- like a lover. She even sounds like she's using her native Tokyo dialect instead of Kansai-ben...

kuna(gai) na... itsu mi? --> 婚なあ... いつ見? --> 'marriage, when will we see it?', or

kuna(n) na, itsu mi? --> 苦難なあ, いつ見? --> 'the hardship, when will it start?', imagine Ririka sitting in conference with managers, AKS mgmt, and staff, asking about the consequences after the show,

ku na(i) na, itsu mi? -->苦無なあ, いつ見? --> 'the digging/dirt, when will it be revealed?', perhaps Ririka talking to mentors (idols experienced in this?) about SKBS' scoop.

Mio's 25733 --> 33752 --> san mi na go futa --> 酸味な, ご蓋 --> 'don't be sour, kindly put a lid on it', or

san mi na, gofuta(n) --> 酸味な, ご負担 --> 'don't be sour, it's respectfully your responsibility'

Mikurin's 28,355 --> 55382 --> itsu itsu mi ya bu --> いついつ(までも)見破(る) --> 'I've been watching you a long time' :shifty:

Nako's 25,364 --> 46352 --> yo ro mi go bu --> よろ身五分 --> 'half of me is staggering' :shocku:

Naru's 28,037 --> 73082 --> na mi wo ya bu --> 波を破(る) --> '[my] wave will smash [you]'

Note: I find this one really interesting... both myself and Naru hail from Kumamoto (my father's side)... and as my grandfather and martial artists have told him... esp judoka from Kumamoto, don't say 'I'm gonna kick your arse', as a Tokyo judoka would... they'd say 'I'm gonna stomp you to death' :lol: My grandfather was 5'0", ambidextrous so equally-strong with either hand, and grew up bailing sugar cane from age 8... and has been known to hang 6'0" thugs over the cane crusher in the '30's, to teach them a lesson. :asdfgh: So to see this hidden message in Naru's votes, after knowing what she's like... keep kicking arse, Naru! :flower::lol:

9th SSK, 49th single: both 9 and 4 are very bad luck numbers in Japanese belief, as 9 can be read as 'ku', as in 'kurushii' (苦しい), agonizing, difficult... and 4 as 'shi' (死), death. Interestingly 9+4=13, which Westerners consider bad luck, but Japanese generally do not.

Will add more here as time permits. :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017 at 8:47 PM
  20. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    That's really interesting thank you for posting this! These readings are pretty cool!