IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    my favourite song on the EP so far is dousureba ii but i'll wait for the full versions. kinda funny how they showed as little of the japanese bit of lver, violeta and fiesta as possible [hehe]

2. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Makes sense that AKS would put less effort on the A-Side as long as the albums still sell for the hi-touch and collectibles. Unlik the Korean A-Sides that is the promotional song, although B-Sides often outshine it. Ironically some of the better mix-production songs are great when Japanese lyrics/structure and is from AKS then the rest is done by the Korean side?

CJ has been giving the members more opportunities when it comes to having a hand in the production of the music and that seems to be extending to the JP release of Beware. Or is that due to mostly Korean management/planneded earlier; like Sakura's lyrics for Yummy Summer.

4. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    FIESTA japanese version

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  5. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Vernalossom don't have any plans. Most likely they just saw an interesting chance to make extra money from Korea for 2.5 years and let 48G have some recognition in Korea and abroad. I doubt they had anything more in mind. The J-line could graduate straight away after they go back for all we know.. (I doubt) Either way it'd be interesting to see what happens..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah I agree about the first part.
    About CJ, Yummy Summer was going to be part of Oneiric Dairy originally, So it they took it out I should be because they planned it to release it for the next Jp release which means they were making plans for this album long before, maybe even while doing the preparations for Oneiric Diary.

Actually you're not thinking different than me because what I meant is that AKS wanted to get a unit that is linked to the 48G conglomerate so AKS can expand its public to Kpop fans (which generally are Japanese youth). I don't think they ever planned to covert them into sofas because if that weplabhe case then popular AKB members from PD48 would have gotten more exposure and that didn't happen, so I think the plan was just to reach kpop fans by creating a hybrid 48 kpop group which was what IZ*ONE was supposed to be. But by looking at how things are in this moment it's pretty obvious that the plan has entirely failed.

But if they really never had plans then the debut showcase, debut tv show would have never happened.
    I think if they just wanted to make extra money from korea then they would have just send not so popular members to PD48, I can understand if the members didn't know they had to leave their groups of they win but not from AKS because that would mean they are very bad at business and very naive.
    I used to think that only Hii-chan will be capable of graduating without returning to Japan, but for some reason I'm starting the same from Nako, I don't think it's bad that she gradutes but she made a promise to comeback to HKT. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

7. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Did it? IZ*One's JP fandom is majority female and kpop fans? Aside from Sakura alot of the Korean members are pretty popular.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

9. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

completely different topic:

Starting last year, non-no had this series with a pair photo every month (someone posted them here, I think). It stopped around the start of this year with a pair photo of Yena and Kangchan, this was picture no 11, and there is still no picture no 12, which should be a pair photo of Minju and Sakura. They are the only ones missing.

Does anyone know something about it? Was it print only (I found them on the website)? Was the series stopped one volume early, because of the produce scandal?

10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't know for certain but I just assume it was stopped because of the Produce scandal. I'm unsure we'll ever get to see the rest of those duo interviews because IZ*ONE has been active for months now and they still haven't resumed posting them. It's a shame because I really liked those

• Like Like x 1
  11. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

IZ*ONE ARCADE Ⅱ EP.11

• Like Like x 2
  12. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    And that's true but it's not that AKS really expand to Kpop fans. The JP kpop fans became WIZ*ONE despite AKS managing their Jp releases. They don't care about about AKS. If IZ*ONE becomes permanent and go to another agency WIZ*ONE would defintely forget about AKS even if they create their own kpop group/unit before the contract ends. For that reason I say AKS plan to expand to kpop fans is a failure.

===========================

BTW, is it possible for IZ*ONE to appear in any jp tv special show?
    For Kouhaku I think it's impossible at this point, their chance was last year but controversy happened.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Yes it does seem like AKS wasn't interested in pushing IZ*One as a Jpop group but used the crossover to promote AKB groups after Produce (either through kpop fans) and doesn't seem to be putting alot of effort on IZ*One's JP music. As far as promoting AKB to international fans, the effect is minor for those whom became fans of AKB members that participated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    ^It seems that way. At least I think they kind of show interest in promoting IZ*ONE as a jpop group in the debut days. I don't think any of the WIZ*ONE will follow the J-line to their respective 48 groups of they go back. Actually previous Produce groups members had these issues too (Gugudan, DIA, etc), and it seems the only way to keep the fans from the Produce is to go solo or to form a duo or trio with fellow members. For the 48 members in IZ*ONE is Hiichan the one who should consider this the most, let's see what will happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Yuri performing her OST song “My Love” from “Do You Like Brahms?” with a new short haircut on SBS super concert, instantly trending on twitter, she's been slowly turned into a fine soloist singer just as expect by many :blush: other members, kura, wony, and eunbi also been given opportunity to be a special MC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

today vlive, seems like they have good progress on making friends with other idol
    https://www.vlive.tv/video/216398?channelCode=C1B7AF

IZ*ONE ENOZI Cam EP.72
    https://www.vlive.tv/video/215655?channelCode=C1B7AF

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Unpopular opinion, but I think Sakura and Nako is missing the freedom they have in HKT48. So sure they will miss the members they have bonded with for two years, but I predict they won't sign a extension if that were to happen.

Another point that might be unpopular: I felt the J-Line was kinda side-characters in IZONE. Sakura had a bit individual activity in the Oliver Kitchen show, but after that nothing. As for Hitomi and Nako, nothing than group activites. They never got to shine what they really can do. Even on Vlives, they barely are alone.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Chaeyeon dance cover of '16 Shots' by Stefflon Don from Studio Choom:

Happy Hitomi Day compilation video from Newsen TV:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Happy Birthday Hitomi :ome:

• Like Like x 2
  19. hichu

hichu Kenkyuusei

Is it comparable how much solo promotion they were getting in HKT?
    After the scandal and pandemic there doesn't seem to be much solo member promotion aside one off variety appearances. It is additional burden too if I recall for members during past promotions like Yujin having to fly back and forth between Korea and Japan to film MLT while promoting in Japan or having other idols fill in for her or Yena on Prison Life of Fools. Fixed member promotions would conflict with group schedules/shoots, kind of what hurt IOI / the previous Produce group. There might be a bit more room at the moment since they aren't allowed to travel to Japan so Minju is host of Show Music Core. But also they're kind of hitting the home stretch with online concerts, Twelve, next korean CB, award season one after the other.
    I'm curious if OTR or their individual agencies are the ones that setup the solo promotions.

20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    (ARCADE Ⅱ) Special EP_HI-STORY (English subs):

(Google Translation - Hitomi's magical gift that makes the chilly autumn weather feel like a warm spring)

• Like Like x 1