[BLOG48] translators' thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by loveandcoffee, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

Meroron♥
    I just checked BLOG48 and saw that her posts are indeed scattered D:
    I'll still keep checking 2ch, since we're in the same boat regarding SKE48 posts and the timing thereof.

Hopefully your teacher might be able to provide an answer too~

2. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I don't have time to solve your problem. But a simple search got me this page. I haven't read the script but the principles are quite simple from a programing pow.
    But to run a batch like this, you either need a computer running, or access to a server (web server for example).

Edit : the above solution asks for programming skills .... Not the easiest thing to get.
    You can maybe try some tool like 'Google Reader'. It can be used to survey a page and get changes. But I never used it like that myself ...

3. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I'd been fighting... not trying... fighting... to post the last Mariya's entries but it's completely impossible...

Error -> blank page -> LJ doesn't open -> LJ back but when I want to add the images I got a blank window -> Tried again -> Same -> etc...

Is it just me?... T___T

If I "ping" livejournal.com it gives me ok... so... I can't know on which end the problem is.

T___T

(For the same reason as above, excuse me if Mariya's entries came like a thousand today...)

Up until now: If I click the blog I get a blank page again, "sometimes" it worked and the last entry was Yuka's...

4. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The servers seem to have problems atm ...

5. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

@ Llewella.
    Thank you for that~ :cute:
    Wasn't entirely sure of how to go about on it, but had an idea. Will ask a friend if he can organise something for me [hehe]
    ---
    *Edit
    I think I've found a way to access SKE48 blogs without the need to a set up a server or go to extra lengths of waiting for posts. Basically copypasta from the pm I sent Meroron♥ :awesome:

6. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    ^thanks for the tip!

I thought I wouldn't have a way to know the time/date of the ones I missed, but I just noticed they tell you that right before asking you to join their official mobile service xDDD

that'll work as long as I don't miss more than one entry. though it seems google doesn't cache all of them

thank you <3

@ Llewella; wooow I must really suck at googling xDD since I didn't find anything lulz. it seems very promising, but I tried to do it, following the instructions and all, and I'm not sure it's working :fear: oh well xD

as for me, I asked my teacher, he said he didn't know of any program like that and that I should google it (lol) but he did say I could ask the people at uni who mess with the webpages and stuff cause they could have something like that or know how/have time to make one. but I don't really know who these people are or where they hang, and am a bit too socially challenged to find out xDDD

oh he also said something about apache. I don't think he realized I didn't know what he was talking about :fp: lol

7. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

Meroron♥
    Glad to help~
    I guess the *really* old ones you could find on Japanese blogs or 2ch.
    Copy the blog entry date, time and title and paste it into google and if it has been put up it'll reveal itself :cute:

8. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Apache is a web server. Easy to install (it comes with almost all php packages).
    It could allow you to manage easily the web connection + batch(periodic) process.
    But really, if you don't have any programming skills at disposal. Don't try this kind of things. It will be a hassle.
    I will do some searches (weekend 's almost there) : I am sure there must be some easy to use survey services somewhere out there :p

9. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

@ Llewella.
    Thank you for your efforts, it is sincerely appreciated~

I only have knowledge of HTML/CSS so far... :^^;: So PHP and other forms of programming is out of my hands right now.

10. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Here are some of the tools I've found with my little web hunting. I restricted the results to on-line services I think free. I haven't tested anything, so you will have to try these to see which one (if any) works for what you need.
    My descriptions are only what I understood of them, so take this with caution. :)

http://www.watchthatpage.com/index.jsp
    https://www.changedetection.com/
    Those 2 are simple services which go check changes on the pages you tell them to survey and then send you an email with some or all the changes (not too sure about the precision and extend of the reports).

http://www.changedetect.com/
    Same principle (mail with changes), but seems better made .. Some buzz around this site, but kind of artificial. Be careful to stay with the free services, just seeing the design, I suppose they want to make you pay fast.

http://page2rss.com/
    This one makes a RSS flux with the changes of one page you want to survey (I don't know the frequency of verification nor the precision and extend of the report)

There must be other services like this around, but that should be a good start. Now, I leave you to work with that ;)

11. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Hey, I just wanted to double-check before I did anything, but since Harukyan has a Twitter, if I wanted to post translations of her posts (not saying anything definite, of course....) would it be alright?

Also, I would keep them limited to one post (since they're fairly short).

12. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

lac, can you add Fukumoto Aina (NMB) to my list of translations :3

Decided to pick up her blog as well >_<

13. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Looking at the first page, it seems that only Nakatsuka Tomomi and Oku Manami's blogs aren't translated.
    I would like to take care of Nakatsuka Tomomi's while waiting for somebody more suited (I feel some pity there [notme] )

14. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thank you.
    And to be clear, I was talking about me not being suited, not about Tomochan. ;)
    She's kind of low on my rankings and somebody who really like her would certainly be better than me ...
    Anyway, I will try to take good care of her posts.

15. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
  16. aihime

aihime Kenkyuusei

Can someone help me with how to save animated emoticons (right now, I copy and paste the ameba entries on word, then format the photos/emoticons in ms paint)?

17. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    ^On Firefox, right click and go on page properties. The go to the media tab, it lists all the images in the page. Find the emoticons on the list, and click "save as" on the bottom right :)

@Llewella; those websites seem promising. I'm going to test them tonight. Thank you!

18. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

^
    ^ You can also find the source of the page (as in html codes) and open the photo there.

I can add Manami's to my list if no one else will do her translations. <3

19. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    I'm really tempted to do Meetan's blog, but I'm kinda late with the ones I have right now (2 erika, 2 rumifu and 3 kana to go lol. at least I finished koami xD), so I feel like I shouldn't be adding a new one....

aaaaaah I don't know ;_____; meetan's blog seems so awesome ;___;

20. aihime

aihime Kenkyuusei

Thanks! It worked with Google Chrome :) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.