Members you hated, but now love (or vice versa)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Nice. Welcome!
    Yeah you may be getting tired of her. She's been in the group for 10 years, a senbatsu staple, been in every single except janken, and she's a General Manager! Of course you tend to see her everywhere. But I don't blame you, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yes, it's a little bit too much if you stuff yourself with AKB 2 months non-stop lol

If you still gunna watch more anyways try to develop a skill in your head to auto-filter out certain members you find you care less of. It will make the shows you are watching much more better. Promise. :)

3. rookie

rookie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    I never hated her but I wasn't crazy about Acchan at first, kind of like "why is she even the face what's so special about her blah blah" but then I watched the Vegetable Sisters (of all things...) and found her suddenly endearing and she grew on me after that lol.

4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    In the early days of my AKB fandom I found myself taking zero interest in Miion. Then one day about a year or so later something suddenly 'grabbed' me about her, so much so that I included her amongst the girls I bought 2-shot tickets for. Friends who I've shown my photos to think that she's the prettiest of the girls I met that day. Apart from Mayu not getting #1 spot, Miion dropping out of senbatsu was for me was the most disappointing moment in this year's SSK.

Another 48G girl I've ignored for a long time has been Non (Kimoto Kanon) in SKE48 but I've recently become a fan of hers especially following her recent appearances in AKBINGO.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Hate's a strong word... but here's my list:
    • When NGT was formed I found very little initial interest in either of the draftees, Ogino Yuka or Nishigata Marina. Now Gatanee and Ogiyuka are among my favorites in 48G (NGT being my favorite sister group overall, by a hair)...

• When her generation debuted, I liked Okada Nana's 'majime' as I too tend towards it... but never found her attractive or idol-like. Now, she's an oshi and high on my list of Most Attractive 48G Girls. She's also astoundingly photogenic today, something I never would've said about 2013 Naachan...

• I'm not a fan of burikko as it seems fake and forced for normal girls... so Iwatate Saho was initially someone I didn't care for. But as she's gotten older and esp since becoming a college student at the same time as Muto Tomu... I like how her burikko's become somewhat of a fallback gag for her, as more and more of her mannerisms and how she expresses herself tend to be more adult. Still not a fave per se but not disliked as much as before...

• Never really noticed Fukuoka Seina in 15-ki or Takita Kayoko before about a year ago... but now that the recent senpai grad drain is in full swing at AKB, both Seina and Kayoyon are getting face time... and like them both a lot, thanks to Nemousu. Seina is really warm and cute, and Kayoyon has balls bigger than a lot of males, that I'd be stoked to skydive or thrill-seek with. Iino Miyabi is another 15-ki I never noticed but for Nemousu... which then got me interested.

• Always thought Goto Moe had very little moe... but recently she's become very cute to me, good for her... same with draft2 Hiwatashi Yui, whom I felt was a little strange looking (like a wooden hinadan doll)... but with recent AKBingo! EPs has grown on me...

• Almost too many Eitos to list; just never paid much attention to them until last summer when I began to watch LoGirl and ARR EPs. Shitao Miu was my gateway Eito, but in particular Abe Mei was one I *never* would've figured would become such an amazingly beautiful and intelligent girl. Recent converts for me are: Long-chan, Car, MizuMari, Momonga, ShugaSoru, GyoGyoGyo, and Yeah! -- mostly through either ARR or SR...

6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    48 Group

Hate -> Like

Ogino Yuka
    She's so hyperactive on stage and looks weird, but since her no. 1 in prelims, and had more exposure, I think I like her now.

Neutral -> Like
    Ma-Chia Ling
    Seeing her in AKBingo make me have more sympathy to her. She's splendid.

Love -> Neutral
    Okada Nana
    It's basically because she has improved her kakkoi-boyish chara to a new, weird level. I'm not fond of her look lately.

46 Group

Love -> Neutral
    Hirate Yurina
    Just kind of fed up with her cool chara

Neutral -> Love
    Uemura Rina
    She has been more cute these days, and funnier.

Hate -> Neutral
    Saito Fuyuka
    Still has her ambitious aura, but I think I get used to her lately.

7. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    I had the stupidest reasons for disliking Churi.

I wasn't super familiar with SKE as a whole & I remember hearing that SKE wotas are intense. So when she ranked in the 2015 SSK I saw her in the PV and thought she was nothing special, so *obviously* SKE wotas had power voted her in and she didn't deserve to be in senbatsu like some of the AKB girls I liked that made Undergirls because "likes birds" was not nearly a good enough character trait to be that popular. I kind of held that weird grudge until recently when I saw one of her tweets (about her birds) and it was really cute and made me smile. And then she joined up with Minarun and Kaotan in a janken unit. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to SKE, but I like Minarun and Kaotan. From that, I started looking into her more and read about her requesting a KII original stage during a SSK speech. She's talented, pretty, funny, and cares about the group. I'm sorry for doubting you, Churi.

8. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    @firecoral I think it's forgivable for fans new to SKE to not understand Churi. She's been going through a bit of a renaissance period these past couple years, getting more ambitious and climbing back up in popularity after fading out of management favour.
    But the more you go back and look at her history, the more you can appreciate her and see why she's considered a legendary member: JRA the pillars and face of SKE's early years, KII formation and leadership, Team C, all the multi-talented work she does, etc. And she loves SKE as much as anyone ever has.
    For years I've seen polls and discussions from Japanese fans on who SKE's all time most important members are, and to this day it hasn't changed, it isn't even a debate until you get to #4 after JRA.
    (I know I know, another "my oshi is so great" comment, but I'm proud of her and can't help it lol)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *edit- since I just randomly mentioned Team C without any explanation and I couldn't find a wiki entry on it, I thought I'd elaborate a little for people who don't know. It was a great team.

In 2013 after SKE's first big shuffle, K2 was gutted and only kept a handful of original members, while adding some big personalities and changing the whole dynamic of the team. (http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/History:_Team_KII)
    There was naturally concern about how the new team would gell, would Churi still be a good leader to these new big personalities, and how it might change the image/spirit of the team. IIRC they didn't even have a full team at first too (though I can't remember who it was that was added).

So it was a rocky looking start but Churi had been leader since the formation of K2 and--along with other key members from the start like Furukawa Airi and Sato Mieko--helped build a team known for fun and passion. To keep that spirit alive and as a sign of solidarity for the new team, the name Team C (C for Churi, of course) was used to rally behind Churi and keep the fun going. I can't remember who came up with the name first, or if there's even reliable info on it, but the name caught on amongst teammates and fans.

Team C only lasted less than a year because of the big 48G shuffle in 2014, but it was a kami team while it lasted and had a ripple effect on SKE, as the members who left for other teams have said what a great experience it was and they brought some of that Team C spirit with them to their new teams.

Anyway, whew I think I wrote too much about Churi's history lol. The reason Churi is a great idol isn't her achievements, it's because she's a great person too.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  9. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

My first time commenting on this thread.

Love ---> Neutral: Itano Tomomi
    When I first discovered AKB, Tomochin was one of girls I liked the most. Having learnt more about her, I just liked others more and my interest in her disappeared.

Neutral ----->Like: Mariko
    She always was just there but I've grown to really like her

Neutral -----> Dislike: Sae
    I just find her too much.

Dislike ----> Like: Acchan
    I still don't think she is god's gift to idols but I final understand why she was so popular and no longer think she was boring.

10. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Nakai Rika
    I used to hate her so much, but after watching NIII 3rd Stage Shonichi, I fell in love and I lowkey love her but I don’t really show it, she’s just so beautiful

11. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I really didn't get why Kizaki Yuria was a fan favorite before or why she's getting some push.
    But that was a time when my hard drive failed and I didn't have space to download AKBingo.
    Now that I have another 2TB of space, I can see why she's a fan favorite.

So I no longer hate her.

12. ABF48

ABF48 Member

shiraishi, was neutral towards her even kinda support her at first but low-key didnt like her lately, she's so overrated, i dont understands what ppl praising so much about her.

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Takahashi Juri: Neutral -> Dislike

Ok so my opinions on her changed a lot of times through the years, first I didn't find her anything special when she was initially pushed. then I started to like her, at some point around 2014 when I saw her in Sailor Zombie. I even read the updates on her thread at that time and I found her to be very nice.

However my opinions started to change around mid-2017. I didn't find it nice when she mentioned Kojimako's scandal in Kojimako's birthday stage. I know that Juri was wronged because people assumed she was part of the scandal since the house looked the same (they didn't know it's on the same building) but that was cleared up. and yet she mentioned it during Mc, it kinda feels meh... it was during Mako's birthday Lod too...

Next thing is during elections, some time after. I found her comment about Riripon's announcement to be out of place. I'm pretty sure they are not close and she doesn't know her. I mean Juri is not even a leader or captain. She didn't have to speak about it and the things she said feel insulting. I can accept it if this came from Sayanee or something. but Juri? mm She's not in the place to make that kind of comment, it feels like she just jump on it to get some attention tbh.

Lastly, recently when they announced the shuffle and new teams, I guess Juri expected to be Team A captain, so when Rinrin was announced as captain Juri had unhappy expressions on stage. I just saw screenshots and not the actual video but yeah. that's unprofessional. and I'm sure it's related to this, but some Rinrin videos on Youtube have been mass-disliked for no reason recently. it's kinda childish.

So yeah maybe Juri is actually nice and a good person, but some of the things she did or say, didn't give me a good image of her at all. and while I don't really hate anyone in 48G, but I can say that I dislike Juri. I also don't like some other members but it's not with actual reasons like this. I'm waiting to see a bit more of some other girls before I decide if I really don't like them or if I'm just neutral of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    wow, didn't know about her doing that on KojiMako's LOD :eek: Do you have a screencap or short clips abt it? What precisely did she talk abt?
    Also, the screenshot when she looks unhappy when rinrin was chosen as captain.

15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

It wasn’t like a Rinrin unhappy thing only. It was more of a general shock. If you watch the video, Juri couldn’t make out any words when she was asked her thoughts about the new Team B

[​IMG]

16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

My respect and admiration for Juri went up immensely because she spoke out about Sutou, I'm glad she had the guts and the backbone to take a stand for what it means to be an idol. Juri was Team 4 Captain at the time so you are wrong about that and she has been considered a future leader of AKB48 for years.

Okabe Rin is barely known in AKB yet she becomes Team A captain, I can bet there were many people who thought "Who?" when her name was announced. Team A captain should be a senior AKB member yet some nobody gets it? Anyway, I just re-looked at the stage and Muto Tomu made a much worse face when Rin was announced, Juri just made a puzzled face, I didn't see anything unpleasant about her expression. Juri looked unhappy when she was announced as Team B captain which was more than 8 minutes later and not related to Rin's announcement, it looked to me like she preferred to stay captain of Team 4. It sounds to me like you have fallen for someone's creative editing of screenshots and timelines.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@souchan48 it was during Kojimako's birthday Lod, the Mc section about "wish to Kojimako", here:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/kojima-mako-kojimako.5234/page-137#post-1333503

Juri didn't mention the scandal out loud but it's obvious her "wish" is related to it. and I found that really awkward. Kojimako cleared up Juri's name already in the previous days btw and I think Juri should have told her this in private and not openly. of course Kojimako smiled because she's like this. but it's not funny.

@Reveen well if you know, actually Rinrin is close to Yuihan and I'm sure management knows her well, Yuihan too, so they must have seen some potential. Juri isn't suited to be leader anyway she doesn't choose the right words. I respect people who speak up and say the right things. which for me is not her case. I think she says hurtful things. and I think management thinks the same seeing as they don't seem to plan to make her Yuihan's successor.

Like I said I didn't watch the video so maybe it's not as bad as I think but generally speaking I expect a bit more professionalism. Her reactions made her fans think she's angry at Rinrin which in result gives some kind of mini witch-hunt against Rinrin, and that's uncalled for. it wouldn't have happened if she was more careful with her expression. also I didn't know about Tomu but uhm. maybe she was surprised LOL I didn't see her face yet.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't find more, but those are some of them. she might still be someone nice, who knows. but as idol, some of her actions recently have made me dislike her.

18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i actually think it's good that the captaincy was given to the young blood. just because you're new and inexperienced, doesn't mean you can't lead.

i understand Juri's confused expression thou (based on the screenshot from @Matsui Hikari , she does look confused, not angry).
    And now i'm getting curious abt Tomu's expression lol. i hope someone will be kind enough to provide the screencaps.

I disagree with what she did in SSK, bashing Riripon and all. Getting married and announce it in SSK are Riripon's business (and right).
    If she really wanted to do it, she should do it like Naachan.

And the one in Kojimako's birthday, if it is true, it is tasteless. but i will reserve my judgement until i watch it

Don't be hypocrite like theattention-hungry Yuko. Don't forget that she tried to hog the limelite from kouhaku when someone really big is retiring at that kouhaku. To him, Yuko is like amoeba. Yet, she has the balls to diss Riripon. Luckily, the public backlash happens and someone ran away from japan (with the old excuse of 'studying abroad'). It's karma [/spoile]

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Oh, Yuko... she is another case. though I don't dislike her, but I did have a change of opinions about her. I was always more of an Acchan fan (and still am), however I really liked Yuko too when she was in the group (and I did ship AtsuYuu a lot LOL). the whole Kouhaku thing did make me feel a bit "meh", like she shouldn't have announced her graduation there. but the Riripon comment is what changed my opinion of her. It was just wrong of her to comment that and it almost feel like she was drunk or something. I know she has a very free personnality since always but I expected her to be more mature and classy...

I still love her past as idol and I might check some dramas of her in the future too (who knows) but she is not a graduate that I keep an eye on, anymore. it's ever since that issue, it feels different. it's sad but if I don't agree with the behavior of someone, it's hard for me to support them.

on the good side, it's not like I have that much time to follow that many members, so I end up with one less member to follow :p

I'll still feel happy if I ever get to see AtsuYuu moment though it will remind me of the good old times :')

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    To be fair, Juri did the right move. She is always the one who addresses the elephant in the room and has balls to call people out of their mistakes and wrong doings. (Yuihan on the other hand is rather lenient in comparison, or most girls in 48G so to speak) Hence in my eyes she is justice itself, therefore she doesn't give in to grey area shady stuff. It's either right or wrong in her dictionary and she always pick the right thing to do. But was it wise/smart thing to do all the time? Not so much. Hence some people will dislike her for frankness.

For the Mako B-day thing, Juri handled like she would have herself or else it will be a thing that might hurt her friendship with Mako in the long run. She chose to poke fun at it in public and saying what she honestly thought about it after all Mako actually effed up and brought trouble to her credentials as an idol, and at the end they were able to laugh it off along with the audiences clapping their hands and Mako was even more relieved (as I see it) because I think she rather Juri be herself instead of pretending nothing really happened. But then people can still always criticize her for ruining Mako's happy seitansai day or something like that.

I guess the one pitfall for Juri's character is just that she don't care too much/lack of awareness when to express her thoughts, and how to express in harsh words which people might not like, but then you can't deny that she is right.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1